+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Jaybye

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Ok guys. It's been a while and just like yesterday it's 6months post-AOR today already and as dear Canada is refusing to fully open to and accept some of us, we're still knocking, waiting and losing weight.. :D And yes, a happy anniversary to us AOR mates! One thing is certain, there shall be light at the end of this tunnel.. Cheers to everyone.

Last edited:

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
Ok guys. It's been a while and just like yesterday it's 6months post-AOR today already and as dear Canada is refusing to fully open to and accept some of us, we're still knocking, waiting and losing weight.. :D And yes, a happy anniversary to us AOR mates! One thing is certain, there shall be light at the end of this tunnel.. Cheers to everyone.
cheers mate :D

Reactions: Jaybye

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
hey @legalfalcon, im probably overthinking my situation, but here it goes:

i moved out of my home country at 18yrs 4months (so i did not spend 6months in a row or more after 18). the system did not ask me for a pcc from my home country. my spouse (not married back then) was 19 when we moved out, so the system did ask her for pcc for our home country.
apr23: rcmp request for me (not for my spouse)
may18: submitted rcmp cert.

call centre agent, last week: all passed, criminality pending.
could it be that theyre hoping to see my home country pcc? they havent requested it (i do have it just in case, though). could it be that they have forgotten to request rcmp for my spouse?
any thoughts?

edit: just looked at my files, i did submit my home countrie's pcc as part of my LOE, so im probably ok right

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hii friends hope everyone get copr soon .. I got frst email on 9th June and second 13 June but unfortunately I didn’t upload the photo and addrsss till 18 June .. I just uploaded on 19 June .. now would they take more time for cOPR or it’s normal .. and how much time they take after submission photo and addrsss ?

sadaf1989

Dec 2, 2012
@legalfalcon Kindly need your advice.

So I received my GCSM notes and they go as follows ".....R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required-Stat Questions......DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information" and for my spouse "....R10 OK Recommendation: Pass..."

I had been refused a Canadian and USA visa in the same year which was for the purpose of tourism. I believe it was because of a weak visa application at that time which lacked a clear itinerary. I mentioned that in my Stat questions and clearly explained the situation. Do you think it is a matter of concern? If it is, what can I do to help my application?

Thank you.

Jun 19, 2021
Hello everyone. Long time lurker on this forum. Finally have an update to share.

Application type: CEC-Inland. 1 inland dependant.
AOR: 15 December 2020
MEP: 22 January 2021
Biometrics: submitted in 2019
PR portal invitation email: June 19, 2021

There were no updates after MEP up until the PR portal invitation email today (I have not called IRCC). I don’t know my visa office. Early June, I submitted a webform asking for an update on the status of eligibility, security, and other stages, but only received generic response. After receiving their generic reply, I ordered GCMS notes on June 9. There was a first ghost update on June 12, then another one on June 18th (yesterday). Finally, got my PR portal invitation email today. Replied and waiting for PR portal login credentials now.
Update: I was very lucky and my file was finalized surprisingly fast.
June 21: Second PR portal email. Uploaded photo and address, confirmed that I'm in Canada
June 22: eCOPR

Good luck everyone!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hey @legalfalcon, im probably overthinking my situation, but here it goes:

i moved out of my home country at 18yrs 4months (so i did not spend 6months in a row or more after 18). the system did not ask me for a pcc from my home country. my spouse (not married back then) was 19 when we moved out, so the system did ask her for pcc for our home country.
apr23: rcmp request for me (not for my spouse)
may18: submitted rcmp cert.

call centre agent, last week: all passed, criminality pending.
could it be that theyre hoping to see my home country pcc? they havent requested it (i do have it just in case, though). could it be that they have forgotten to request rcmp for my spouse?
any thoughts?

edit: just looked at my files, i did submit my home countrie's pcc as part of my LOE, so im probably ok right
If the system did not ask you for a PCC, then you are fine. If IRCC needs a PCC from you for any country, you will be informed of it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Kindly need your advice.

So I received my GCSM notes and they go as follows ".....R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required-Stat Questions......DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information" and for my spouse "....R10 OK Recommendation: Pass..."

I had been refused a Canadian and USA visa in the same year which was for the purpose of tourism. I believe it was because of a weak visa application at that time which lacked a clear itinerary. I mentioned that in my Stat questions and clearly explained the situation. Do you think it is a matter of concern? If it is, what can I do to help my application?

Thank you.
The note that you see is your R10 note, or the completeness check. If you answered yes to any statutory question, i.e. if you had a visa refused, no need to be concerned. All that matters is that you truthfully answer all questions.

To read on the stages see https://bit.ly/2TQ8mjn

Reactions: sadaf1989

asodhi

May 27, 2020
@legalfalcon - Could you please advise:
Does ordering GCMS notes triggers a ghost update or does a usual ghost update means there has been movement on the application?

I submitted my gcms request on June 18th and I had not logged into my application probably in last 2-3 days. Today morning when I logged in I saw a ghost update.

asodhi

May 27, 2020
Due to Statutory question mentioned Yes as this is my second PR application, my application was first getting processed in Montreal and then on May 11 th I was told that the application was forwarded to Edmonton office and since then I did not had any update. Webform got a generic Covid 19 response. So i submitted GCMS on June 18th. Not sure how long it takes on Edmonton office.

In my very first webform, I had received response that Eligibility was passed, Security was not started and Criminality was in progress for which I had submitted RCM on April 8th,2021. Since then the only time i got update on phone that on May 11th the application was forwarded to Edmonton office.
Anyone who received COPR from Edmonton office yet. Please advise.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
@legalfalcon - Could you please advise:
Does ordering GCMS notes triggers a ghost update or does a usual ghost update means there has been movement on the application?

I submitted my gcms request on June 18th and I had not logged into my application probably in last 2-3 days. Today morning when I logged in I saw a ghost update.
since you requested your gms notes just 5 days ago, thats a bit too fast for a gms request to trigger anything (if it even does, but usually not). its possible that its positive movement. I see your AOR is dec4 and you submitted rcmp in April -- so maybe they finally looked at it and updated any of the missing stages. give them a call to be sure

asodhi

May 27, 2020
since you requested your gms notes just 5 days ago, thats a bit too fast for a gms request to trigger anything (if it even does, but usually not). its possible that its positive movement. I see your AOR is dec4 and you submitted rcmp in April -- so maybe they finally looked at it and updated any of the missing stages. give them a call to be sure
Thanks amairena95 for the advise. Calling the number is much pain. I have been trying calling them 3 times a day this week but call disconnects after those automated messages. :)
Lets see how long it takes for the application to progress further. Fingers crossed.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks amairena95 for the advise. Calling the number is much pain. I have been trying calling them 3 times a day this week but call disconnects after those automated messages. :)
Lets see how long it takes for the application to progress further. Fingers crossed.
yea i know, calling is a pain. i usually have better luck in the afternoon. ive never been able to connect in the morning. good luck!

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Due to Statutory question mentioned Yes as this is my second PR application, my application was first getting processed in Montreal and then on May 11 th I was told that the application was forwarded to Edmonton office and since then I did not had any update. Webform got a generic Covid 19 response. So i submitted GCMS on June 18th. Not sure how long it takes on Edmonton office.

In my very first webform, I had received response that Eligibility was passed, Security was not started and Criminality was in progress for which I had submitted RCM on April 8th,2021. Since then the only time i got update on phone that on May 11th the application was forwarded to Edmonton office.
Anyone who received COPR from Edmonton office yet. Please advise.
btw, did your rcmp request say:
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

i had the same rcmp request on apr23 and submitted it on may 18. my eligbility is pass but still criminality pending as of last week. similar to you i suppose. so your GU hopefully means that they finally passed your criminality btw.