+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

anuragtanwar

Dec 9, 2020
Hi All,

I received GU today in my account, My AOR is 23 DEC - FSW-O, anyone else received GU recently?
It seems IRCC is working on FSW-O profiles.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi All,

I received GU today in my account, My AOR is 23 DEC - FSW-O, anyone else received GU recently?
Did you try to log in to your profile yesterday but it gave an error at the end ? I had today a ghost update but I am suspicious it is because of that

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hi All,

I have received a ghost update every sunday since april. At this point, I dont know if it's a good or bad thing.

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
I have received a ghost update every sunday since april. At this point, I dont know if it's a good or bad thing.
Honestly, I dont even believe if GU is even a genuine thing. seems more like a glitch to me. try these steps to see your own GU
1. Click on check application status
2. Click on logout
3. click cancel and before the page can load just click on Account home.

you will see your own GU/ glitch.

• Love
Reactions: binder1232

kksharma3951

Jun 7, 2021
I have the same issue. I ordered GCMS notes (under the privacy act) on March 9th and as I type this, no single information. I’ll prolly request for the status next week :confused:
Even I had requested on 8th March via ATIP but not received till now. As i was growing impatient, i also ordered again on 9th May (getgcms this time) and not recived those also

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Even I had requested on 8th March via ATIP but not received till now. As i was growing impatient, i also ordered again on 9th May (getgcms this time) and not recived those also
My friend sent an email to IRCC to help speed up the notes release... till now not a single news from them. Ordered notes on 18th March

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi all, I received this email from IRCC as a response to a webform that I submitted. Does anybody have an idea as to what it means? No updates in MyAccount, never see any GU either. Thanks!
P.S. I am FSWO AOR 21.12.2020

Thank you for your e-mail message below.

Please be advised that your application is almost complete. However, even if you have a valid immigrant visa you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

The travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada are currently in effect until June 21, 2021. This is of course subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time predict if or how travel restrictions may impact foreign nationals beyond that date.

Please note that you are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or

• the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

• you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Please be advised that currently you do not seem to meet any of the current exemption to the travel restrictions. Detailed information on who may be eligible to travel to and enter Canada can be found at following website:
We will contact you regarding further steps in due course.
what did you write in your webform to get such a complete response? id think that the 'your application is almost complete' basically means its all aproved and as soon as travel restrictions are lifted you're in

Siddhu7707

Jun 7, 2021
Hi All,
Primary Office - Edmonton IRCC
Secondary Office - Winnipeg IRCCSubmission Date - 2020/12/15
Application Type - CEC (Inland)
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Medical passed - Jan 20, 2021
Info Sharing - Complete

I am nearing to 6 months timeline and my application has no changes.
I have ordered GCMS notes and it is still the same.
Emailed IRCC office - Status update - Do not answer moving forward is the reply in GCMS notes and they say to track the status in the application status. The status of your application remains the same.
Is anyone's application in Winnipeg?
Any idea on the timelines?

@legalfalcon - Any insights on Winnipeg IRCC office processing?

Last edited:

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hey! when did you get the RCMP request?
I got the rcmp request on APR 23. submitted the report on may 18 (took forever to get it!) -- so its only been like 10 working days (not counting weekends) so i dont expect much yet. hopefully something within the next week or two. the only time ive called ircc was in mid april and everything was in process back then -- so ill assume that hopefully eligility is ok now (they wouldve rejected me already if something was missing/bad) and theyre probably just finishing up the rest of the background/security stuff.
cec-inland btw (aor dec 25)

Reactions: shaizeik

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you will provide some guidance to us on this. Below are our timelines:

AOR : 16th Dec'20
Medicals Passed : 20th Jan'21
Biometrics : 21st Jan'21
Eligibility : Recommended Pass on 19th Mar'21
Criminality : In progress from 19th Mar'21
Security : Not started
Info Sharing : Complete
Primary VO : Edmonton
Secondary VO : Vancouver

We have ordered GCMS notes. After Mar'21, there is no update on our application. We will be completing 6 moths processing time in one more week. Could you please suggest us what should be our next step or why it is taking more time for criminality as our application is not a complex application.

Thanks for your help in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you will provide some guidance to us on this. Below are our timelines:

AOR : 16th Dec'20
Medicals Passed : 20th Jan'21
Biometrics : 21st Jan'21
Eligibility : Recommended Pass on 19th Mar'21
Criminality : In progress from 19th Mar'21
Security : Not started
Info Sharing : Complete
Primary VO : Edmonton
Secondary VO : Vancouver

We have ordered GCMS notes. After Mar'21, there is no update on our application. We will be completing 6 moths processing time in one more week. Could you please suggest us what should be our next step or why it is taking more time for criminality as our application is not a complex application.

Thanks for your help in advance.
It takes more than 6 months for an average application to be processed and post COVID even longer. Given that your eligibility is recommended passed, you need not worry, just be patient and wait.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
It takes more than 6 months for an average application to be processed and post COVID even longer. Given that your eligibility is recommended passed, you need not worry, just be patient and wait.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.