+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
As a WP holder if you have a job in Canada, you are already exempt from travel.

If you wish to travel on your PR visa / COPR, you will need an authorisation to travel based on the extended family exemption.

Definition of extended family members
The Orders have expanded the types of family relationships to Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act and permanent residents that are exempt from the travel restrictions. In contrast to the immediate family member definition, the extended family member definition does not apply to familial relations of temporary residents in Canada.

Extended family members in respect of a Canadian citizen, person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act or permanent resident are

• an individual who is 18 years of age or older, is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least 1 year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • a dependent child of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a child of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a dependent child of a child (that is, a grandchild)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • a grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
I believe you misunderstood me. I have a work visa in UAE and not Canada. I was wondering if stating to IRCC that I am exempted would speed my process in receiving my final approval. I only passed criminality and every time I contact them, they talk about travel restrictions?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I believe you misunderstood me. I have a work visa in UAE and not Canada. I was wondering if stating to IRCC that I am exempted would speed my process in receiving my final approval. I only passed criminality and every time I contact them, they talk about travel restrictions?
If you are stating that you are exempt just because you have your siblings in Canada, that is not true. Unless you apply for a travel authorization (exemption) and the same is granted, which is discretionary, you are not exempt from travel restrictions.

Also, even if you are, it will not expedite your PR application processing.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Thank you! AOR was Dec 1 with one inland dependant, the office was Vancouver. And, yes we uploaded the photos
ah cool congrats! i'll assume you were CEC. that gives me hope, im cec with one inland depentant too (but my aor is dec25) so its ok that im still waiting. and yea, since you uploaded the photos you should be ok now! cheers

Ayman1000

Feb 26, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Got my comfirmation portal today ,
I sent the information but I already booked a ticket to go backhome next week ( I applied for re entry visa and its approved cz Im on a work visa )
What should I do !!??
I need your advice please , I heard I cant receive my pr card if Im away ..
Thanks in advance

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Got my comfirmation portal today ,
I sent the information but I already booked a ticket to go backhome next week ( I applied for re entry visa and its approved cz Im on a work visa )
What should I do !!??
I need your advice please , I heard I cant receive my pr card if Im away ..
Thanks in advance
wow congrats! i saw your AOR is dec4 (ill assume cec)-- just posting that as im sure you'll get asked lol.
id say wait until your copr. theres a special doc (permanent resident travel document) you can apply for if youre outside the country without pr cards to fly back in.

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
AOR 2 dec cec inland
No single update after biometric ...
6 month time done before 2 days ..
Don’t know what is going on

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
AOR 2 dec cec inland
Me too, AOR Dec 18th, still waiting for my notes that I ordered in the middle of March. :/ no single update since biometrics. Only that I’m applying Outland

RenanFromBrazil

Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
AOR 2 dec cec inland
Much the same boat here. Inland CEC, AOR on December 6, biometrics not needed, passed medicals on April 30 and no further news.

Last edited:

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
its normal, some people in november are just getting their approvals, and other cec-inlands in october are still waiting. no one can really predict (take a look at the threads for nov and oct for reference)
Yeah may be Ottawa office working slow as compared to Etobicoke