+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hi all, I received this email from IRCC as a response to a webform that I submitted. Does anybody have an idea as to what it means? No updates in MyAccount, never see any GU either. Thanks!
P.S. I am FSWO AOR 21.12.2020

Thank you for your e-mail message below.

Please be advised that your application is almost complete. However, even if you have a valid immigrant visa you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

The travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada are currently in effect until June 21, 2021. This is of course subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time predict if or how travel restrictions may impact foreign nationals beyond that date.

Please note that you are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or

• the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

• you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Please be advised that currently you do not seem to meet any of the current exemption to the travel restrictions. Detailed information on who may be eligible to travel to and enter Canada can be found at following website:
We will contact you regarding further steps in due course.
Can I ask how many days they took to respond to your webform inquiry?

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
Sure, it’s almost 3 weeks since I submitted the webform
not an expert though, but I assume you should be receiving the COPR letter as soon as the travel ban is lifted.

I am FSW-O myself, one curious question, what does your profile show? does it show everything in process? or it shows completed?

travelloverz

Feb 1, 2021
not an expert though, but I assume you should be receiving the COPR letter as soon as the travel ban is lifted.

I am FSW-O myself, one curious question, what does your profile show? does it show everything in process? or it shows completed?
thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am really unsure about it, I was thinking that “almost complete” means that my application is soon reaching the 6 months mark…not that they actually worked on it :(

I passed medicals on 22.01.2021 and since then everything is in progress: eligibility, BG (we are processing..). Even bio says “we have not received your fingerprints” - even though they did receive them, I found out through a separate webform. They just didn’t update anything in myaccount…

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am really unsure about it, I was thinking that “almost complete” means that my application is soon reaching the 6 months mark…not that they actually worked on it :(

I passed medicals on 22.01.2021 and since then everything is in progress: eligibility, BG (we are processing..). Even bio says “we have not received your fingerprints” - even though they did receive them, I found out through a separate webform. They just didn’t update anything in myaccount…
No expert either but I think it's probably their way of saying all stages have been passed...

What's your VO btw?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi all, I received this email from IRCC as a response to a webform that I submitted. Does anybody have an idea as to what it means? No updates in MyAccount, never see any GU either. Thanks!

Please be advised that your application is almost complete. However, even if you have a valid immigrant visa you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

The travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada are currently in effect until June 21, 2021. This is of course subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time predict if or how travel restrictions may impact foreign nationals beyond that date.

Please note that you are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

• you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Please be advised that currently you do not seem to meet any of the current exemption to the travel restrictions. Detailed information on who may be eligible to travel to and enter Canada can be found at following website:
Hey what did you write in your webform to get such a complete answer?

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hey guys, any fsw-o applicants with Ottawa VO got an update to their application in the last couple months? Last updates I've seen were in mid-February but nothing since.

alvaroruiz04

Jun 2, 2021
Hi Guys, Last week (26 of May), we receive our COPR (Inland Application) and the document mention that we need to send our photos to the address of the document, but on the 25 of May, we received in a mail that we can ask our PR card in this page https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login and in that page we created a request with our photo and home address for the PR Card. Do we need to send the photos to the address document? or is it enough with that request that we did?

Thank you!

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Guys, Last week (26 of May), we receive our COPR (Inland Application) and the document mention that we need to send our photos to the address of the document, but on the 25 of May, we received in a mail that we can ask our PR card in this page https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login and in that page we created a request with our photo and home address for the PR Card. Do we need to send the photos to the address document? or is it enough with that request that we did?

Thank you!
Congrats! what was your AOR date? any inland dependants?
Also did you upload your pictures in the portal? if so, thats all you needed! enjoy

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey @legalfalcon
I have two brothers in Canada and was wondering if I am exempted from travel restrictions? I live in UAE and hold a work visa which is about to expire, i dont know my status after it expires. I am a fsw-o and was wondering if contacting IRCC to inform them about the exemption ( if i am exempted) would speed things up?

Yash1192

May 7, 2021

Congratulations! It looks like they will send you COPR as soon as travel restrictions are lifted.

Glad to know that they are working on FSW-O applications, gives me some hope.

All the very best!

Reactions: travelloverz

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020

Thank you!
Congratulations, I think sending by mail will not do any harm. Let IRCC decides which picture to use.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon
I have two brothers in Canada and was wondering if I am exempted from travel restrictions? I live in UAE and hold a work visa which is about to expire, i dont know my status after it expires. I am a fsw-o and was wondering if contacting IRCC to inform them about the exemption ( if i am exempted) would speed things up?
As a WP holder if you have a job in Canada, you are already exempt from travel.

If you wish to travel on your PR visa / COPR, you will need an authorisation to travel based on the extended family exemption.

Definition of extended family members
The Orders have expanded the types of family relationships to Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act and permanent residents that are exempt from the travel restrictions. In contrast to the immediate family member definition, the extended family member definition does not apply to familial relations of temporary residents in Canada.

Extended family members in respect of a Canadian citizen, person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act or permanent resident are

• an individual who is 18 years of age or older, is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least 1 year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • a dependent child of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a child of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a dependent child of a child (that is, a grandchild)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • a grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent

Nemmo

May 8, 2020
Just wanted to give an update about my application and the GCMS notes I ordered on April 4th, 2021. They arrived today and are as follows:

Category: CEC Inland
AOR: December 17th, 2020
MEP: Passed (January 21st, 2021)
BIL: January 22nd, 2021
Eligibility: Recommended Passed (Updated on April 13th, 2021)
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
Info Sharing: Completed
VO: CPC-Ottawa

My GCMS notes were generated on April 19th, 2021, 15 days after I ordered them.
How did you order GCMS from Canada ? Would you please share the link ?