Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi

Category: CEC
AOR: 11 Dec 2020
MEP/BM - passed Jan 19
Canadian Criminal record check request:- Jan 19

Here’s my Timeline - 24% progress

*We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
*January 19, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
*We do not need additional documents.
*You do not need an interview.
*We do not need your fingerprints. My biometric information & UCI has been uploaded (biometrics was done in 2019 for work permit)
*Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
*Final decision - Your application is in progress.

good luck to all!

Reactions: hyong1991

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello everyone! One question: for all documents that are not in English, we must submit translation. I got my translation done by ATIO certified translator. She sent me package which includes the following: statement from translator, English translation and black&white copy of original (all of these has her ATIO stamp and signature). So now question: I need to upload scan of original in colour + ATIO package (including 3 documents as I mentioned before)?
Do I still need to get certified copy of the original as well?
This is so confusing (I am applying from inside Canada). Thanks!

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello everyone! One question: for all documents that are not in English, we must submit translation. I got my translation done by ATIO certified translator. She sent me package which includes the following: statement from translator, English translation and black&white copy of original (all of these has her ATIO stamp and signature). So now question: I need to upload scan of original in colour + ATIO package (including 3 documents as I mentioned before)?
Do I still need to get certified copy of the original as well?
This is so confusing (I am applying from inside Canada). Thanks!
The instructions say - You only need to provide a scan of a certified photocopy of the original document if the translation was based on the certified photocopy. You said you have the B/W copy of the original with the ATIO stamp on it - so this becomes a certified photocopy of the original.

I'd suggest upload all the documents you have mentioned as it includes certified photocopies as well as simple scan of the originals, if I understand correctly.

kchachap102

Jan 1, 2021
Hey Guys, I Got AOR on December 13th, and my medicals got cleared on Jan 18th, 2021.
I have a requirement to create a new bank account for an emergency, do I need to inform CIC after opening a new bank account?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hey Guys, I Got AOR on December 13th, and my medicals got cleared on Jan 18th, 2021.
I have a requirement to create a new bank account for an emergency, do I need to inform CIC after opening a new bank account?
If this is not going to impact your POF go for it, but if you intend to use your POF it is recommended not to do so, simply because you are assumed and subject to re-provide your POF any time even till the port of entry interview.

Meaning you shall maintain the declared amount among the entire process till you land.

Reactions: kchachap102

Fidiya21

Aug 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
ITA: 25th November, 2020

AOR: 17th December 2020

Category: FSW-O

Nationality: Indian

Residence: Dubai

Medical upfront

Full Fee paid

BIL - 20 January 2021

MEP - 21 January 2021

Status Bar - 20%
Biometrics Done - 25 Jan 2021

Reactions: mitwa1990

Jaisonds

Jul 12, 2019
Biometrics Done - 25 Jan 2021
Thats great Fidiya. I have few queries. Where in Dubai the Biometrics done? Is Appointment provided quickly or have to wait for a week. How to book an appointment? By Phone or by mail? Thanks in Advance.

TheScrutiniser

Jan 21, 2021
Sharing my timeline so I can keep up to date with everyone too:

ITA: Oct 14th 2020
AOR: Dec 9th 2020
MEP: Jan 14th 2021
BIL: Jan 14th 2021

Biometrics Appt: Jan 19th 2021
Biometrics reflected on application portal: Jan 19th 2021

Stream: FSW - Outland
Nationality: British
Fees: Paid in full
Medical: Upfront

Progress on application portal: 26%

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Meaning you shall maintain the declared amount among the entire process till you land.
Can we not transfer the same funds to Canada before landing? This will still serve the purpose. IRCC says this:

"The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive"

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Can we not transfer the same funds to Canada before landing? This will still serve the purpose. IRCC says this:

"The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive"
You can transfer those money anywhere you want. You can change the bank. You can hold them in cash. Do whatever you are pleased. It is your money.
The most important here:the money should be available to you at any time during the process and during the landing as well.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017

Yes of course, make an account (see below) and next draw a bank statement from your province it could be only an online statement however it surely does the job.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-your-express-entry-application-is-approved.719108/

This way you still maintain the POF and easily can access it. What could be more convincing than having your funds landed ahead of you, :) sweet indeed you might get a welcome drink too

Last edited:

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Yes of course, make an account (see below) and next draw a bank statement from your province it could be only an online statement however it surely does the job.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-your-express-entry-application-is-approved.719108/

This way you still maintain the POF and easily can access it. What could be more convincing than having your funds landed ahead of you, :) sweet indeed you might get a welcome drink too
Thank you Bacelor! :)

Just one question, if you know the answer - can we show proof of funds a little less than the declared value on the PR application? For example if one shows CAD 150K in PR application and has immediate available funds of CAD 100K only at the time of landing. Will this be good as it still over the prescribed minimum limits?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you Bacelor! :)

Just one question, if you know the answer - can we show proof of funds a little less than the declared value on the PR application? For example if one shows CAD 150K in PR application and has immediate available funds of CAD 100K only at the time of landing. Will this be good as it still over the prescribed minimum limits?
Cannot be decisive, but surely they are not looking up your application at any port of entry in fact thats why they need you to show CoPR and PR visa ( other wise they will be undergoing the whole process all over again to check your eligibility ! Nothing should be related in review with your application), they should be only concerned with the minimum requirement.

If i were you I won't worry at all.

All best luck

Reactions: rower