+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Just wanted to know if the following is regular or not.

The status in my application since MEP has been:

"You may not hear from us for a while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Today, the status has been changed to the following and application progress bar touched 50% mark.

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Just wanted to know if this is an automated message change or means something else?

@legalfalcon or any other senior, would you please share your thoughts?
Seen a lot of people reporting the same.
I’d assume it’s automatic change, based on previous history and processing times. At this point there may be new updates and they may need more information from you. However, with latest delays I wouldn’t read too much into it.

if you are CEC tho, looks like they processing pretty fast. I saw people in November thread getting COPR already.

Reactions: shaizeik

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Seen a lot of people reporting the same.
I’d assume it’s automatic change, based on previous history and processing times. At this point there may be new updates and they may need more information from you. However, with latest delays I wouldn’t read too much into it.

if you are CEC tho, looks like they processing pretty fast. I saw people in November thread getting COPR already.
Yes, I'm CEC-inland and my eligibility is recommended passed plus criminality in progress since last month.

But I think you're right. Most people reported they received it at 50% progress mark.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

"You may not hear from us for a while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Today, the status has been changed to the following and application progress bar touched 50% mark.

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Just wanted to know if this is an automated message change or means something else?

Much is automated and likewise progress bar does not mean much either see https://bit.ly/3lUaSgV

Reactions: shaizeik

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I have a couple of questions about PPR and COPR. As I'm trying to plan my time post-graduation, I'm looking into a year of post-doc starting in September in a country that is not Canada. Given that my AOR and medicals are done in December, and the current covid delays, what is the approximate timeline from PPR to receiving COPR? And if I enter Canada to get my PR card, can I leave to finish my postdoc commitment for a few months without compromising my status?
Thank you!
Currently no one give you a timeline as it is all over the place. Pre-COVID CEC applications took 5-7 months.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
As regards your status, you can leave Canada while your application is being processed. Once it is done, and you get a decision, and if you are outside Canada, you can land and be admitted as a PR and immediately leave.

As a PR you have an ligation to meet the physical residency requirement, which is you should be in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. This means that the date you become a PR, you can immediately leave, live outside Canada for 3 years, return to Canada, stay continuously for 2 years and still meet the obligation.

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Currently no one give you a timeline as it is all over the place. Pre-COVID CEC applications took 5-7 months.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
As regards your status, you can leave Canada while your application is being processed. Once it is done, and you get a decision, and if you are outside Canada, you can land and be admitted as a PR and immediately leave.

As a PR you have an ligation to meet the physical residency requirement, which is you should be in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. This means that the date you become a PR, you can immediately leave, live outside Canada for 3 years, return to Canada, stay continuously for 2 years and still meet the obligation.
@legalfalcon thank you for such a prompt response! I understand the point about meeting residency requirements, thank you! This is very helpful!
Sorry I haven't been clear about my other question. I am actually an FSW-O applicant, and I am currently working on my PhD in the US, and I have a possibility of getting a postdoc in Europe with 1-year commitment. So I'm trying to plan as much as I can in advance. I understand that all processing will take longer than usual due to covid. My question is - once an applicant gets the PPR, how long would it approximately take to get the passport with the visa back?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for such a prompt response! I understand the point about meeting residency requirements, thank you! This is very helpful!
Sorry I haven't been clear about my other question. I am actually an FSW-O applicant, and I am currently working on my PhD in the US, and I have a possibility of getting a postdoc in Europe with 1-year commitment. So I'm trying to plan as much as I can in advance. I understand that all processing will take longer than usual due to covid. My question is - once an applicant gets the PPR, how long would it approximately take to get the passport with the visa back?
It varies based on your country of residence and the local visa office. If you are in the US, you will be asked to send your passport to Ottawa. It can takes 2-5 weeks for the passport to be returned to you. If you move to another country, you can inform IRCC and you will be sent instructions to submit the passport at the local visa office there.

If you intend moving to Europe, you can submit your passport there. However, after your get a PR visa and COPR, you will have limited time before which you have to enter Canada and be admitted as a PR, usually 2-6 months on a case by case basis (when your meds / passport expires). Once admitted as a PR, you can leave and return back after 3 years, as stated above.

Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
It varies based on your country of residence and the local visa office. If you are in the US, you will be asked to send your passport to Ottawa. It can takes 2-5 weeks for the passport to be returned to you. If you move to another country, you can inform IRCC and you will be sent instructions to submit the passport at the local visa office there.

If you intend moving to Europe, you can submit your passport there. However, after your get a PR visa and COPR, you will have limited time before which you have to enter Canada and be admitted as a PR, usually 2-6 months on a case by case basis (when your meds / passport expires). Once admitted as a PR, you can leave and return back after 3 years, as stated above.
Thank you! This makes a lot of sense!

Reactions: legalfalcon

shadow_of_life

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020

Don't read into this too much. Mine is the same, and yet absolutely zero update after MEP.

Reactions: Linalin

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020

Hi, for this change, was there any ghost update like, application updated’

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
My AOR is Dec 5th. I came to know that my eligibility was passed after talking to an executive on the phone.
Maybe you can give it a try calling them to know about your eligibility status..
**Just replying to my own thread after talking to IRCC customer care**

Update:

My security and info sharing is in-progress. Seems like I will have to wait for a 6-month mark. I am in no anxiety anyway, I will let the process go accordingly. :D

My rest of the details are in my signature. Thanks.

brarvj

Jul 26, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09/12/2020

Update:

My security and info sharing is in-progress. Seems like I will have to wait for a 6-month mark. I am in no anxiety anyway, I will let the process go accordingly. :D

I wasn’t able to find your info in signature. Can you please share if your are under CEC or PNP inland ?
And where is your file being processed at ?

I called in first week of March, my eligibility was passed and criminality was passed. But my security wasn't started yet.
I am PNP Inland.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
I wasn’t able to find your info in signature. Can you please share if your are under CEC or PNP inland ?
And where is your file being processed at ?

I called in first week of March, my eligibility was passed and criminality was passed. But my security wasn't started yet.
I am PNP Inland.
Hey,

You can click on the "expand signature" at the bottom of my post.

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020

Update:

Thanks for the update, appreciate it,
Seems like, your application is moving fast, all the best!