+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** DECEMBER 2020 AOR - CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE & UPDATES*****

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I just received my notes, and I must admit that I’m a bit worried.

Primary office: Montreal
Secondary office: Etobicoke

Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passes
Info sharing: In Progress (do you know what does it mean?)

There is a line saying « RCPM screening: Fingerprints required »

What does it mean, do I have to send something, if yes what kind of document?
When was your R10 done?
R10 is the last thing that was done for you right?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg

Nothing else was done after R10?
I assume your file was sent to Etobicoke after R10 and then Etobicoke did nothing and sent it to Montreal?

I have the same story. EE PNP inland AOR December. R10 was done and file sent to Etobicoke.
Etobicoke is dead and doing nothing. Eligibility not started.

Bonita1221

Jun 29, 2021

Hi, how did you get these notes?
My situation is as follow:
with one dependant inland
AOR: DEC 23
Since the office was closed at that time, I didn't do my fingerprint. I thought there was a record in the system. Actually not. Meanwhile, there is a record of my dependant's. There are not any updates. I am afraid that it was influenced by the fingerprint. I didn't receive any updates. I wonder if it is possible to provide the fingerprint by myself without any notification.

Guillaume31

Jun 29, 2021
Nothing else was done after R10?
I assume your file was sent to Etobicoke after R10 and then Etobicoke did nothing and sent it to Montreal?

I have the same story. EE PNP inland AOR December. R10 was done and file sent to Etobicoke.
Etobicoke is dead and doing nothing. Eligibility not started.
There is something after the R10, but on the same day and by the same person.
I can't tell where is my file right, Montreal or Etobicoke...

Hi, how did you get these notes?
My situation is as follow:
with one dependant inland
AOR: DEC 23
Since the office was closed at that time, I didn't do my fingerprint. I thought there was a record in the system. Actually not. Meanwhile, there is a record of my dependant's. There are not any updates. I am afraid that it was influenced by the fingerprint. I didn't receive any updates. I wonder if it is possible to provide the fingerprint by myself without any notification.
Follow this link, and make a request under the privacy act.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
No updates since Feb 2 when they requested rcmp. Called Mar 2 to know eligibility is passed. At least I am at better position than many. So I am patient. Called 2nd time on May 3, it is stoodstill. No news since then.
I expect 7.5 months mark as I see many got approval in May at this mark. But things change, so we’ll see!
I have clear records so background check should be fine. If luck on our side and they pick up our profile then it’ll be done. I also have almost 10 years in US and 2 dependents. So, that might put our profile in different basket. Interestingly, I see some family of 3 or 4 got it done in 3-4 months. So, yeah they said there are “ many factors”.
I work and check account and forum everyday. Got to look closely!
Update yours, amairena95!
no updates yet eh? do you know your visa office? mine is vancouver if youre keeping tabs on my progress

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
no updates yet eh? do you know your visa office? mine is vancouver if youre keeping tabs on my progress
Original office was Ottawa, then got transferred to Sydney, NS. I think you are the one who told me Sydney is CIO, but I could be wrong. So, yeah, I guess that my application was passed on eligibility and then got new officer to verify it again.
I am ready to submit extensions for my family this Friday. Just 2 more days to wait. I might call them tomorrow for final update before submitting.
Wrote a webform for their mercy and save some works for us and for them, but I doubt any chance of success. But, that's what I have to do.
Keep updates, bro.

Last edited:

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Original office was Ottawa, then got transferred to Sydney, NS. I think you are the one who told me Sydney is CIO, but I could be wrong. So, yeah, I guess that my application was passed on eligibility and then got new officer to verify it again.
I am ready to submit extensions for my family this Friday. Just 2 more days to wait. I might call them tomorrow for final update before submitting.
Wrote a webform for their mercy and save some works for us and for them, but I doubt any chance for success. But, that's what I have to do.
Keep updates, bro.
Ohh i hope its just a final transfer before finalizing!, Ive seen that pattern a few times, good luck!

Bonita1221

Jun 29, 2021
There are no updates. Really worried. All my friends who submitted later than I have received the emails. Is anyone in the same boat? What can we do?
AOR Dec 23, 2020

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
There are no updates. Really worried. All my friends who submitted later than I have received the emails. Is anyone in the same boat? What can we do?
AOR Dec 23, 2020
same here, december 25 aor. its ok, i know many others from december in the same group. I would recommend not paying attention to anyone receiving copr if they applied after march as rumour has it that they belong to a different 'group' and files are processed faster. keep an eye on the months before us (sept, oct, nov) -- theyre mostly taking anywhere between 6-10 months.

give the call centre a call and ask for your status or get gcms notes. if the agent or notes says your eligibility is passed, then its a matter of time.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

Bonita1221

Jun 29, 2021
same here, december 25 aor. its ok, i know many others from december in the same group. I would recommend not paying attention to anyone receiving copr if they applied after march as rumour has it that they belong to a different 'group' and files are processed faster. keep an eye on the months before us (sept, oct, nov) -- theyre mostly taking anywhere between 6-10 months.

give the call centre a call and ask for your status or get gcms notes. if the agent or notes says your eligibility is passed, then its a matter of time.
Thank you for your reply. My work permit will be expired at the beginning of Dec. I am not sure whether I should renew in these two months.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
its pretty quite around here, figured id provide an update. contacted my local MP:

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia on December 25, 2020.
  • The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on April 22, 2021.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until November 25, 2021 for the applicants.
  • The criminality verifications are in process for the applicant.
    • a note added on file on May 19, 2021 indicates that the RCMP check for the principal applicant has been received.
  • The security verifications are currently valid for the applicants.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
my application hasnt been touched since april 22 (when eligiblity passed and they requested rcmp).

hey @legalfalcon -- based on this assesment, it seems that as soon as they decide to open up my app again (hopefully within my lifetime) and finish criminality then it should be all good right?

farhadfaghihi

Aug 10, 2021
hey folks! here's my application. Express Entry, CEC
ITA > Sep 17, 2020
AOR > Dec 7, 2020
Medical Passed > Jan 26, 2021

These are the only updates on my case. I haven't received any message/updates since. the weekly update date on the website is now on Dec 13-19, 2020 and I haven't been contacted at all during this time.

Is this normal?
Also ordered GCMS notes on July 4th, 2021. How much longer should I wait for it?