+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response.

I’m going to be landing next week so I hope the plan is delayed, otherwise it might delay my landing by a month or more.
A different report I read or heard (can't recall) said it would not take effect for about two weeks. But do not rely on that, there will be an announcement next week, apparently.

I think (and hope) that it will take effect with some reasonable period of time after announcement (although there will certainly be complaints and inconvenience for many).

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
A different report I read or heard (can't recall) said it would not take effect for about two weeks. But do not rely on that, there will be an announcement next week, apparently.

I think (and hope) that it will take effect with some reasonable period of time after announcement (although there will certainly be complaints and inconvenience for many).
On the news here this AM they are saying will take effect in the next few days but no official announcement yet.

Reactions: armoured

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yes, I'd certainly emphasize that what I heard was just a report and may have been wrong. All we can say right now is that the actual policy hasn't been published yet - 'watch this space.'
I expect they will make an announcement today with tomorrow being a holiday followed by the weekend. I guess they will have to give at least 72 hours notice!!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
It's official, as of Jan 07 2021, covid test required to board a flight to Canada.

The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, is requiring that, effective January 7, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. EST, all air passengers five years of age or older will be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling from another country to Canada. This implementation date provides all airlines, both foreign and domestic, adequate time to comply with the new requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/12/pre-departure-covid-19-testing-and-negative-results-to-be-required-for-all-air-travellers-coming-to-canada.html

Reactions: armoured

rkhan12725

Jan 5, 2021
Hi,

Applied in Dec 2019 spousal outland application. Biometrics , medical done in Feb 2020. Awaiting passport request with Spouse in India.. Got letter of invitation for online arrival services in Nov 2020. But no communication after that. Any idea how long will it take from here. What steps are recommended now as application has exceeded timeline.
Thanks and regards

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hi,

Applied in Dec 2019 spousal outland application. Biometrics , medical done in Feb 2020. Awaiting passport request with Spouse in India.. Got letter of invitation for online arrival services in Nov 2020. But no communication after that. Any idea how long will it take from here. What steps are recommended now as application has exceeded timeline.
Thanks and regards
Is your VO is Mississauga..same time line ..I still haven't got pre arrival letter