+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Cody77

Jan 6, 2020
I'm freaking out a little bit, just logged into ECAS and saw Decision Made!!! My partner is British and we are living in Mainland China.

I don't have a super detailed timeline as we used a representative so we can't use GCKey but here's the basic timeline:

Submitted: Dec 5
AOR: Received Dec 18 (Mississauga)
Medical Request: Jan 4
Sponsorship Acceptance: Jan 7
Biometrics Request - Jan 10
File confirmed transferred to Hong Kong - March 10
IRCC Hong Kong requested biodata page of PA's passport and 2 photos - Sept 4
Pre Arrival Letter - Oct 17
Bulletin 2 (letter from Hong Kong IRCC talking about preparations for life in Canada): Nov 19
DM - Dec 9th

ms_2309

Feb 16, 2020
I am an Indian passport holder residing in Qatar.
Submitted: Dec 05-2019
AOR: Received Dec 23-2019
Medical and Biometrics Request: Feb 05-2020
File Transfer to CPC- Mississauga: Feb 05-2020

At this point I have given up hope to receive any update.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Same here! Medical passed Sept 3 and I've heard NOTHING since (Mexico VO). Anyone else feeling a little down knowing our year anniversary of submitting apps is here with no movement?
Our medical was done and passed in February 2020 and 10 months later, still no update

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anybody know if we’re still able to land in Ontario with the impending lockdown?
I don't think this affects the landing assuming you have quarantine plans etc. But with the lockdown it may be somewhat harder to get goods and services arranged.

But of course if you're in quarantine you can't go out shopping etc anyway.

So short form: as far as I know, no direct effect.

But follow the news, the Premier has been making some noise about it being the Federal government's fault because of travel. Seems like mostly trying to divert attention but you never know what will come up.

Dec 25, 2020
Hello Outland PR Applicants, ( Family class)
I am an outland sponsored applicant from India. My file was in Mississauga and it got transferred to New delhi.

I was wondering all files goes to new delhi visa office? or is there any complication in my file coz I heard Mississauga is faster than NDVO.

And how long it will take now to process from new delhi as my BM/Medical/ SA all done .

Please let me know.

Hello,
I am just trying to contact everyone and anyone who's file was transferred from Mississauga to New Delhi. I am outlander as well I would like to know if you heard anything from NDVO yet? My application was submitted back in November 2019. I think my application is stuck somewhere. I am really confused with this covid shit I sent email to ndvo but received automatic response.
Your response is highty appreciated.
Waiting for your reply
Thank you.

applepy

Nov 20, 2020
Hello,
I am just trying to contact everyone and anyone who's file was transferred from Mississauga to New Delhi. I am outlander as well I would like to know if you heard anything from NDVO yet? My application was submitted back in November 2019. I think my application is stuck somewhere. I am really confused with this covid shit I sent email to ndvo but received automatic response.
Your response is highty appreciated.
Waiting for your reply
Thank you.
We (App Start / Received date = Dec 31, 2019) received a response stating following

"This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. Please be advised your file is pending initial review. At present no action is required on your part. Once the review is complete and further steps are determined, our office will contact you with further instructions."

It appears that many applicants are still waiting to hear back from NDVO. Not sure why its taking so much time when all the international travel is stalled and India Offices are not under lockdown.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I don't think this affects the landing assuming you have quarantine plans etc. But with the lockdown it may be somewhat harder to get goods and services arranged.

But of course if you're in quarantine you can't go out shopping etc anyway.

So short form: as far as I know, no direct effect.

But follow the news, the Premier has been making some noise about it being the Federal government's fault because of travel. Seems like mostly trying to divert attention but you never know what will come up.
You are correct, no effect, same as if you landed back in April to July, which was round 1 of total lockdown. Quarantine plan, great if you have a friend/relative to buy your supplies for you, all grocery stores are open still. Lots of stores are doing delivery but normally 2-3 days for delivery depending where you are located.

What you mention about Premier Ford, he is pushing for the Federal gov't to institute testing of all inbound international travelers into YYZ, which I don't believe will create any delays or impact the current landing procedures, it would just enhance the covid screening to go along with the 2 week quarantine.

Reactions: armoured

AngeniMai

Oct 25, 2019
Instructions in final form not yet issued, so no definitive answer.

But there is no reason to believe that it won't.
Thank you for your response.

I’m going to be landing next week so I hope the plan is delayed, otherwise it might delay my landing by a month or more.