+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey any one can help me know if I will apply for TRv when my spousal application is already on progress.. is there any chance I will get the TRV so atleast me and my daughter can go and meet my husband who is there for almost 15 months.. please let me know.. thank you .
You can apply but the chances of getting it are low, they don't normally issue TRV's when a PR app is in process.

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Hello, Is anyone know about updated GCMS NOTE to read? Main 1st time GCMS which I have received in April, 2020 and 2and GCMS note in July, 2020ONLY differance I have seen is below. Can anyone explain me what would be the next?
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to:
This
Assign By:
Assign To:
Due date
this is the 1st GCMS status was blank
And below is a 2and with this update
Assign By: LM03960
Assign To: RT01390
Due date:
Thank you in an advance!

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hello, Is anyone know about updated GCMS NOTE to read? Main 1st time GCMS which I have received in April, 2020 and 2and GCMS note in July, 2020ONLY differance I have seen is below. Can anyone explain me what would be the next?
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to:
This
Assign By:
Assign To:
Due date
this is the 1st GCMS status was blank
And below is a 2and with this update
Assign By: LM03960
Assign To: RT01390
Due date:
Thank you in an advance!
There is a thread that explains GCMS notes, I’m thinking you may find some answers there..or atleast the members may have some more info for you .

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I do agree with you. If temporary residents (temporary workers and International students) do have programs in place, where they can apply for open work permits for their spouses, why not a Citizen or PR.

Also, I was checking, if you have received the sponsorship approval, PA can apply for Open work permit. Do the search, this may help.

Everyone who applies for Spousal sponsorship does know the difference between both, but now its a need of time to get theses to rule changed or amended. If a pilot project can be run where they are issuing open work permits for Inland, why not for Outland.
Agreed!

Reactions: babychikay

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Presumably you knew the difference between in and outland and the rules associated with each when you applied. I doubt it is going to change.
Most ppl don’t have the luxury of “picking” Inland over Outland. Not all of us have the luxury of our spouses living in “favourable” (deemed by stereotyping anecdotal evidence) countries. Not a favourable country > no Visa > no Visa > no inland application.

Does one need to research one’s country’s immigration policy and practices before falling in love?

Last edited:

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
hello

so after pre-arrival in about 2 weeks they usually send decision made ?

is the decision made send by the VO where the PA lives or from canada ?

since a lot of local VO's are still temporarily closed

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
hello

so after pre-arrival in about 2 weeks they usually send decision made ?

is the decision made send by the VO where the PA lives or from canada ?

since a lot of local VO's are still temporarily closed
sometime Pre-A and DM can be in one day (my situetion). where you read about 2 weeks?
by VO

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
sometime Pre-A and DM can be in one day (my situetion). where you read about 2 weeks?
by VO

Based on people's timeline and what others say a lot of people wait between pre arrival and dm
When did u get ur pre arrival

So when u get pre arrival all what is left is dm and passport request? They dont do more work and checks?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Based on people's timeline and what others say a lot of people wait between pre arrival and dm
When did u get ur pre arrival

So when u get pre arrival all what is left is dm and passport request? They dont do more work and checks?
Pre-arrival/DM/BGC completed 13.03
PPR 16.07
COPR 29.07
Between Pre-A and DM can be more than 2 weeks. DM say that work finish with your file. PPR - last step before COPR
But I personally know a girl whose visa was canceled after a couple of weeks and was summoned for an interview, then a new visa in passport one was pasted. it's hard to say when the check ends. since even in Canada at the border theoretically you can be checked.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Most ppl don’t have the luxury of “picking” Inland over Outland. Not all of us have the luxury of our spouses living in “favourable” (deemed by stereotyping anecdotal evidence) countries. Not a favourable country > no Visa > no Visa > no inland application.

Does one need to research one’s country’s immigration policy and practices before falling in love?

we all feel so devastated right now. neither PM or IM have time to reply for any tweet regarding family not even ircc is replying. no one gives a shit about families. it took 7 days to get study visa almost same for tourism and work permit but takes months or even years for them decide about overseas spouses or kids of Canadians. Why.............................

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
we all feel so devastated right now. neither PM or IM have time to reply for any tweet regarding family not even ircc is replying. no one gives a shit about families. it took 7 days to get study visa almost same for tourism and work permit but takes months or even years for them decide about overseas spouses or kids of Canadians. Why.............................
Student pay money that’s why, working visa pay a lot money too. Money money

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Our application was transferred to the Cairo VO in January and status is still not in process, confirmed by gcms notes. We emailed the VO to try to get an update and we just got a reply that all PR applications are still on hold. I genuinely don't get it. Everything is business as usual in Cairo, so I don't understand why they're not working. Knowing our file has been sitting there basically collecting dust for 8 months with no end in sight is so discouraging and heartbreaking.

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Our application was transferred to the Cairo VO in January and status is still not in process, confirmed by gcms notes. We emailed the VO to try to get an update and we just got a reply that all PR applications are still on hold. I genuinely don't get it. Everything is business as usual in Cairo, so I don't understand why they're not working. Knowing our file has been sitting there basically collecting dust for 8 months with no end in sight is so discouraging and heartbreaking.
I am facing similar situation, my heart is broken and I am tired of waiting. 5 months of no response everything is done. This is torture.

Reactions: risingstar111