+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Has anyone heard any news? I sent in my application December 2019, and it has been silent since April 2020. The progress bar in GCKEY shows its 58 percent completed and 4 months remaining. But how accurate is that? I know with what is going on in the world the process is a lot slower, but it is really starting to hit me. Especially not being able to travel and see my husband.
No words from them on Outland Applications. They are only working on Temporary visa applications(most of them are online). Waived Biometrics for Temporary applicants in Canada(refunds going to be issued).

Check this out:::

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/spousal-open-work-permit-pilot-to-become-permanent-0715171.html#gs.c1cwg1

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Canada is making the this pilot program a permanent program so that INLAND spouses and common-law partners of Canadians/PR can continue to work while waiting on their permanent resident status. Totally unfair for OUTLAND spouses and common-law partners of Canadians/PR.

NO PILOT PROJECTS for OUTLAND APPLICANTS to just issue a TRVs during these tough times.?
Some have tried their luck when they issued a special statement, but only a few got lucky. Most of the Spousal TRVs getting rejected on Dual intent bases. :mad:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Reactions: patnikrishna

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
No words from them on Outland Applications. They are only working on Temporary visa applications(most of them are online). Waived Biometrics for Temporary applicants in Canada(refunds going to be issued).

Check this out:::

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/spousal-open-work-permit-pilot-to-become-permanent-0715171.html#gs.c1cwg1

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Canada is making the this pilot program a permanent program so that INLAND spouses and common-law partners of Canadians/PR can continue to work while waiting on their permanent resident status. Totally unfair for OUTLAND spouses and common-law partners of Canadians/PR.

NO PILOT PROJECTS for OUTLAND APPLICANTS to just issue a TRVs during these tough times.?
Some have tried their luck when they issued a special statement, but only a few got lucky. Most of the Spousal TRVs getting rejected on Dual intent bases. :mad:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html
I agree. it is very unfair for outland applicants. my wife is in Canada since 4 months and got interview calls from 4 companies even during these times. but she cannot do anything as her app was outland.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I agree. it is very unfair for outland applicants. my wife is in Canada since 4 months and got interview calls from 4 companies even during these times. but she cannot do anything as her app was outland.
Didn’t get it. Inland means in Canada. Outland means outside Canada why unfair for u. U should be happy.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I'm happy that my wife is with me but I do think that spouses who are on TRV and outlsnd apps, should be allowed to have open work permit.
Presumably you knew the difference between in and outland and the rules associated with each when you applied. I doubt it is going to change.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I'm happy that my wife is with me but I do think that spouses who are on TRV and outlsnd apps, should be allowed to have open work permit.
I do agree with you. If temporary residents (temporary workers and International students) do have programs in place, where they can apply for open work permits for their spouses, why not a Citizen or PR.

Also, I was checking, if you have received the sponsorship approval, PA can apply for Open work permit. Do the search, this may help.

Presumably you knew the difference between in and outland and the rules associated with each when you applied. I doubt it is going to change.
Everyone who applies for Spousal sponsorship does know the difference between both, but now its a need of time to get theses to rule changed or amended. If a pilot project can be run where they are issuing open work permits for Inland, why not for Outland.

Reactions: patnikrishna

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I do agree with you. If temporary residents (temporary workers and International students) do have programs in place, where they can apply for open work permits for their spouses, why not a Citizen or PR.

Also, I was checking, if you have received the sponsorship approval, PA can apply for Open work permit. Do the search, this may help.

Everyone who applies for Spousal sponsorship does know the difference between both, but now its a need of time to get theses to rule changed or amended. If a pilot project can be run where they are issuing open work permits for Inland, why not for Outland.
Canada is a free country, you can start your petition to get the changes made whenever you want.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......

Sponsorship Approval is done ( got it way back in Dec 2019 ). From my understanding, Open Work Permit can be applied only after approved in principle ( AIP ).

In my view, Canada is grossly missing out the economic advantages of providing work permit to outland applicants.

Reactions: Paul09

vinamra2402

Aug 1, 2020
Hello everyone,
I em new to this forum and i em an february applicant waiting for my file to get move in an visa office.
My file is in sydney nova scotia.
I saw someone getting AOR2 from mississauga visa office so was juz curious to know whether mississauga is working??

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Hello everyone,
I em new to this forum and i em an february applicant waiting for my file to get move in an visa office.
My file is in sydney nova scotia.
I saw someone getting AOR2 from mississauga visa office so was juz curious to know whether mississauga is working??
Ppr/ Copr July 31st from Sept 2019 App. Transferred to CPC-M

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.652077/post-8754175

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hey any one can help me know if I will apply for TRv when my spousal application is already on progress.. is there any chance I will get the TRV so atleast me and my daughter can go and meet my husband who is there for almost 15 months.. please let me know.. thank you .