+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
my wife received received pre arrival letter since 17apr since then we did not hear back, did anybody like us, no DM
I received a Pre-A and DM on March 13...still waiting PPR
I wrote to VO (Warsaw) in March, they replied that they could give PPR when the situation normalizes

Reactions: dicaprio32

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
i got some info from my MPs office. Apparently there are about 3000 employees that work for IRCC Canada wide, at the moment there are only about 300 working. Hence the significant delay in processing. This is indeed disappointing news, as we all expected an uptick in processing when NS reopened.

IMO, processing it’s going to be slow as long as physical distancing measures are in place. Even if offices are open, the physical distancing measures will limit the amount of people working. The only mitigation I can think of is 24/7 processing broken into shifts.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
i got some info from my MPs office. Apparently there are about 3000 employees that work for IRCC Canada wide, at the moment there are only about 300 working. Hence the significant delay in processing. This is indeed disappointing news, as we all expected an uptick in processing when NS reopened.

IMO, processing it’s going to be slow as long as physical distancing measures are in place. Even if offices are open, the physical distancing measures will limit the amount of people working. The only mitigation I can think of is 24/7 processing broken into shifts.
That’s annoying. Masks? Plexiglass? There’s many alternatives. Hoping they come up with something soon.

Reactions: Rushie38

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020

Just furious to read this. What on earth are they doing? Sitting at home for 3 months and doing nothing ? No movement on any appl8cation..how come the whole machinery just stopped working. While rest if the world is getting back on teack..these lazy corrupt bunch of govt officers are chilling at home with no goddamn plan to execute, nothing to say about processing or when they will resume. How can they be so blank about it. When canada is dependent on immigration, how come this body is completely crippled now? Dnt they have some innovqtive ideas to start the work and get past all the backlog. On one hand they are asking for new applications and on the other hand none of the application is being worked upon. What the hell is this?? This is unbelievable..zero management, stupid leadership...disappointed to the core.
Sorry for this rant...needed to vent out.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Just furious to read this. What on earth are they doing? Sitting at home for 3 months and doing nothing ? No movement on any appl8cation..how come the whole machinery just stopped working. While rest if the world is getting back on teack..these lazy corrupt bunch of govt officers are chilling at home with no goddamn plan to execute, nothing to say about processing or when they will resume. How can they be so blank about it. When canada is dependent on immigration, how come this body is completely crippled now? Dnt they have some innovqtive ideas to start the work and get past all the backlog. On one hand they are asking for new applications and on the other hand none of the application is being worked upon. What the hell is this?? This is unbelievable..zero management, stupid leadership...disappointed to the core.
Sorry for this rant...needed to vent out.
Totally understandable. I think you just expressed how many of us feel. My mental health has never been as bad as it has been the past 3 months.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Totally understandable. I think you just expressed how many of us feel. My mental health has never been as bad as it has been the past 3 months.
We are all in the same boat. I think we should write to immigration minister. We cannot just sit and wait for them to wake up one day...bombard his twitter account, contact MPs..do whatever it takes.. Let this be the only thing he sees....

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I believe a lot of the IRCC staff are working processing CERB as the government said they were 'relocating' staff from other departments to help with CERB.

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I believe a lot of the IRCC staff are working processing CERB as the government said they were 'relocating' staff from other departments to help with CERB.
Which is fine. As long as they approve my spousal aplication and give my spouse a COPR, that is all I need. And they can resume working on any other government job as much as they like, no problem with me

Reactions: Nina12

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
We are all in the same boat. I think we should write to immigration minister. We cannot just sit and wait for them to wake up one day...bombard his twitter account, contact MPs..do whatever it takes.. Let this be the only thing he sees....
I commented on the ministers tweet about allowing families of Canadians and PRs now. I spoke about IRCC’s refusal culture for spousal TRV applications.

Reactions: Nina12