+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
Excuse me, my wife just gave birth this week. Should I update ircc on that? And if so, how should I do that? Please help
Thanks

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Thanks very much
But I am a Canadian citizen, should I apply for a proof of citizenship for my child right away as he is eligible to Canadain citizen or I need to update his status on my spouse sponsorship application ? Or do both? Please advise
Thanks again

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks very much
But I am a Canadian citizen, should I apply for a proof of citizenship for my child right away as he is eligible to Canadain citizen or I need to update his status on my spouse sponsorship application ? Or do both? Please advise
Thanks again
Well you would do both because they are seperate things. You need to apply for the proof of citizenship for your child irregardless of the sponsorship. That's how he'll be able to get a passport etc. As for the sponsorship, inform IRCC through the web form and include his birth certificate, updated family form and the confirmation that you've applied for his proof of citizenship.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I was finally able to link my application via GCKEY. but the information regarding place of issue of passport is wrong. How do I submit a webform to change this and also the medical that was done for my husband is not showing though this was done on the 1st of Feb. Should I be concerned?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Decision Made shown in ECAS.
GC Key has not been updated, background check in process since the beginning. When GC Key updated, there should be a written letter or email regarding the final decision.
Still waiting for ppr.
Hi any news on your ppr? I’m still waiting for med request. App received dec. 11, AOR2 Jan31. Not sure what they are doing....

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
one more question. when I checked today it is showing 1% more than it showed yesterday. Is this normal with every passing day or does it mean they are actually working on my application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
one more question. when I checked today it is showing 1% more than it showed yesterday. Is this normal with every passing day or does it mean they are actually working on my application?
It's just a mathematical days divided by 365. It will increment by 1% every two or three days (rounding). If I've done my math correctly.

Reactions: Nina12

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
It's just a mathematical days divided by 365. It will increment by 1% every two or three days (rounding). If I've done my math correctly.
thank you. thought so just wanted to confirm.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I called cic Customer service. They told me it generally takes a year now they don’t know how much Time it will take because of covid. I have only background check left. That started almost 3 months back. Do u guys think MISSISSAUGA office will take 5-6 months only for background check or even more.

Last edited:

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
I called cic Customer service. They told me it generally takes a year now they don’t know how much Time it will take because of covid. I have only background check left. That started almost 3 months back. Do u guys think MISSISSAUGA office will take 5-6 months only for background check or even more.
Most of december applicants are in the same boat...bgc left..hopefully from this month they should start processing and finalising our applications. We can only hope that they do so.