+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

prateek9911

Jan 30, 2020
Not really, as India has lockdown that I am guessing will take forever. I will have an opportunity coming to speak to Immigration Minister of Canada Mr.Marco this Sunday so I will ask him to support to let the spouse visit for a couple of months during this uncertain lockdown COVID-19 difficult and really painful time for all spouse who has already done their Bio and Medical done already! what else do you think, please let me know I am a sponsored spouse having an opportunity to talk to Immigration Minister Mr.Marco Mendicino
Can you please also ask about when they might continue processing the outland applications at mississauga . My wife’s application has been at mississauga and in normal scenario i was expecting a dm by april. Thanks.

Reactions: aababuji

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Can you please also ask about when they might continue processing the outland applications at mississauga . My wife’s application has been at mississauga and in normal scenario i was expecting a dm by april. Thanks.
Hi, I have got below response
behalf of the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, I wish to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Unfortunately, the Minister’s schedule cannot accommodate your request at this time. However, if you would like to find out more information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I encourage you to visit the IRCC Website, or the online Help Centre.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

• Haha
Reactions: Belarusian

prateek9911

Jan 30, 2020
Hi, I have got below response
behalf of the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, I wish to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Unfortunately, the Minister’s schedule cannot accommodate your request at this time. However, if you would like to find out more information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I encourage you to visit the IRCC Website, or the online Help Centre.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hi , when you said you’ll get the opportunity to talk to the minister, were you referring to dropping him an email?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
@Canada2020eh
Hi
congrats with COPR
pls explain me how you get COPR 24.04 if your VO close:rolleyes:? thnx
Well it's an interesting story. We are/were in the Philippines. End of March we tried to travel with my wife and son accompanying me to Canada, with them using their TRV's. Planning on doing the dual intent scenario. That was all good with CDN embassy there but little did we know that a few days earlier PH immigration banned all citizens from leaving the PH on a TRV going anywere.

So we were then stuck in Manila, couldn't go to Canada, couldn't go back home there. All domestic flights cxxd. Got to MNL on a special flight for expats leaving the country. Embassy sent out a letter to all CDN's in the PH asking where you are located and do you want to travel home. I replied and added a note of our situation, asking if they could help getting an exemption from PH immigration to let them leave the country. Ten days later got a reply from the Embassy asking if my wife and son were able to buy a ticket and ready to travel. A week passed, the Embassy called my wife and said to go in the next day to get their passports stamped and their COPR. They checked with the VO and found out DM had already been made. They considered our case was an emergency being stranded and since they were traveling with me they issued it.

We traveled a week ago, 2 days after getting the COPR, starting 2nd week of self quarantine now. Immigration in YVR went well, must have been some notes on our file of the circumstances allowing them in with a COPR issued after March 18.

Kudos to the CDN Embassy for the work they did to get us to Canada. I guess somebody in the VO is still working.

Very glad and fortunate to be home.

Last edited:

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Well it's an interesting story. We are/were in the Philippines. End of March we tried to travel with my wife and son accompanying me to Canada, with them using their TRV's. Planning on doing the dual intent scenario. That was all good with CDN embassy there but little did we know that a few days earlier PH immigration banned all citizens from leaving the PH on a TRV going anywere.

So we were then stuck in Manila, couldn't go to Canada, couldn't go back home there. All domestic flights cxxd. Got to MNL on a special flight for expats leaving the country. Embassy sent out a letter to all CDN's in the PH asking where you are located and do you want to travel home. I replied and added a note of our situation, asking if they could help getting an exemption from PH immigration to let them leave the country. Ten days later got a reply from the Embassy asking if my wife and son were able to buy a ticket and ready to travel. A week passed, the Embassy called my wife and said to go in the next day to get their passports stamped and their COPR. They checked with the VO and found out DM had already been made. They considered our case was an emergency being stranded and since they were traveling with me they issued it.

We traveled a week ago, 2 days after getting the COPR, starting 2nd week of self quarantine now. Immigration in YVR went well, must have been some notes on our file of the circumstances allowing them in with a COPR issued after March 18.

Kudos to the CDN Embassy for the work they did to get us to Canada. I guess somebody in the VO is still working.

Very glad and fortunate to be home.
Thank you! good luck ;)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If everybody just lowered their expectations and not think apps are going to be processed at any kind of normal time maybe you will accept the situation. As it is right now you can't enter the country even if you got your COPR right now. Try to put it into perspective.

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi

How do you know this ? Any more information to add ?

Thanks
Sri
I saw some people in this forum got ghost update but that was the case for express entry PR application. So, this means at least the offices started to work but do not know about spousal cases. I think their biggest target now is to get the Canadian citizen back to Canada. Their facebook page says something of that sort!!