+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi , Does anyone know how get NOC ( No objection certificate) from Canada for marriage abroad ?
I became a Canadian citizen last year ( immigrated from India in 2014) and I am planning to get married in India next month- my financee is Indian national. I read online that one of the requirements for foreign nationals is to get a NOC from Canada to be able to register marriage in India. It would be great if someone could guide me through the process of registering marriage in India for foreign nationals.
Yes, I applied for NOC. It will take around 3 weeks to get it and this is free of cost. But if you will give your indian address at the time of marriage registration then no NOC required. NOC is only required if you will give your Canadian address. I would suggest just fill your indian address at time of marriage registration and present any indian id such as adhar card. If you are planning to use Canadian address then marriage registration process is lengthy, you and your partner have to give notice to marriage registar before 30 days of marriage after 30 days you have to book the appointment and register your marriage. For NOC you can follow the link https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/study_work_travel-etude_travail_voyage/authentication-authentification/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

Reactions: sly_007

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Sponsor side of my ECAS just changed to Decision Made, but I haven't received the SA email yet. Hoping to get that soon, as there's no reason I can think of that I wouldn't be able to sponsor.
Timeline:
App received December 23
AOR Jan 14
BIL Jan 25
ECAS sponsor DM: Jan 26

Reactions: akbarz

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
the office (who did for you bio) will send your result to cic. You do not have to send anything. In gckey you will see that they receive your bio
Awesome. Thankyou.

also at wat stage of process they send out our file to process? I mean Mississauga or local VO?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I meant at wat stage of the process we will get to k ow about where our file is?
first letter receive sponsor (it says where to send the file), later PA receive letter that they (VO) received file. In Ecas will be change status for PA from IP to AR (file arrived at the office) and later to IP (file taken to work)

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hello guys. Outland applicant. Timeline as follows
App received dec 23
Aor1. Jan 10
Bil. Jan 24
Ecas changed to decision made on Saturday Jan 25. No sponsor email as of yet. Anyone else with this timeline. I expect that this means sponsor approval but I notice that everyone usually gets that email the day after the request for biometrics. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated with persons with this timeline