+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

AB__IND

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
You don't need to do anything. The information will be transferred electronically.
Thanks Hasan, I was just having a chat with a colleague who sponsored his wife last year. He mentioned they uploaded some documents after the medical was done but he was not completely sure, so just wanted to double check.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
One more thing, do I need to put my uci number in that way (1234-5678) or (12345678). pls clarify
UCI ID in '12345678' and just Last name. I saw somewhere you mentioned the first name aswell. Just need to use the Last name.

djgidwani

Mar 21, 2017
I don't think so. I only got my Biometrics Request via GCKey account. I have to log in and download the letter.
From the official website
There are several ways we may communicate with you:

• Through your (or your representative’s) online account: We recommend that you or your authorized paid representative (if applicable) create an online account and link your paper application to that account. Once an application has been linked to an online account, we will send correspondence there. This makes communication easier, more secure, and quicker and will allow you or your representative to get more detailed application status information and to receive mail from us online. Using online services will ensure that you receive any correspondence (including medical forms and other requests) from us almost immediately after we send it to you. This will allow us to input your responses directly into your application for timely review. Get more information about how to link your paper application to your online account.
  • E-Mail: If you or your representative provide us with an e-mail address when you apply, this will be our primary means of contacting you, unless your application is linked to an online account.
  • Mail: If your application is not linked to an online account and no e-mail is provided, we will send all correspondence to the most up-to-date mailing address we have on file.

Reactions: sherin42

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
How does one recieve the medical request ? Do you recieve it vía email ? Does anything get updated in any of the systems ?

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
How does one recieve the medical request ? Do you recieve it vía email ? Does anything get updated in any of the systems ?
Medical and Bio are sent via email. If you have a representative then they receive it.

NOTE:
When my rep received the biometrics request, he forwarded it to me. I, then logged in to Ecas and saw the line "medical request has been mailed to PA" message...I immediately contacted my rep and sent him a screen shot of that line from ecas. He at first was in denial that they have not received any email about medical. After I insisted he contacted IRCC and they resent the medical.

So always check ecas and your spam/junk folders.

Reactions: T.asha

AB__IND

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
PA received an email 'We sent you a message about your application...'. Then logged in GCKey to find instruction letters for biometric and medical uploaded in the account. We did not receive these instruction letters via email.

mani0001

Jan 18, 2019
Received - Dec 9
In process: Dec 27
AOR1: Dec 28
BioMetrics Request: Jan 7
Medical Request: Jan 7
SA: Jan 7
Biometrics Done: Jan 13
Moved to visa office: Jan 14 (Mississauga, Ontario)
Hi,
How did you come to know that your file has been moved to Visa Office ?
Thanks.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Today ECAS PA’s status changed to “Application received”
File moved to Mississauga VO on Jan 7th
Good luck everyone

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
PA received an email 'We sent you a message about your application...'. Then logged in GCKey to find instruction letters for biometric and medical uploaded in the account. We did not receive these instruction letters via email.
Medical and Bio are sent via email. If you have a representative then they receive it.

NOTE:
When my rep received the biometrics request, he forwarded it to me. I, then logged in to Ecas and saw the line "medical request has been mailed to PA" message...I immediately contacted my rep and sent him a screen shot of that line from ecas. He at first was in denial that they have not received any email about medical. After I insisted he contacted IRCC and they resent the medical.

So always check ecas and your spam/junk folders.
How quickly does ecas get updated? We did biometrics yesterday and it was updated as completed in GcKey . But ecas just says they sent a letter . When will it say that biometrics recieved ?

JPUSCA

Sep 10, 2019
U.S.A
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-08-2019
They accepted my application on 11/26/19, I haven’t received any mails from them yet. How long do I need to wait to have a next instruction? I’m an U.S. citizen, outland applicant.

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Ooo Nice Mississauga seems to be the Quick office. Good luck to you all

AB__IND

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
How quickly does ecas get updated? We did biometrics yesterday and it was updated as completed in GcKey . But ecas just says they sent a letter . When will it say that biometrics recieved ?
I don't think ECAS shows any update for this one. At least it did not show any updates in my case --- just shows letter sent. Will let others confirm on this.

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Can you add your details to the tracker please?

zjivkas

Aug 8, 2019
Application received December 27th, no AOR as of yet but ECAS has finally let me on and our status has changed to 'in process' so I expect AOR soon!
Hello:

I am still waiting for AOR1,
My app was received Dec20. Others before and after me have all received AOR1.

I am curious how you accessed ECAS to see that data? How did it “finally let you on”?

The only potential identification number I have is my electronic receipt number of our application payments. Did you or can you use your receipt number to access ECAS?

Can I use the e-receipt number (it’s in this form B123456789)

When I try, it says there’s nothing in the system.
My husband also has two last names, and so I don’t know if that affects it.

I’m so impatient, hehe

Thank you!