+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
What if ircc runs a quick cbsa check on sponsor before issuing DM and they find out he/she is not present in Canada...? This would open a whole new can of worms the Sponsor will now have to prove his intent to return...just sayin
She is a Canadian and not obligated to remain in Canada for spouse sponsorship. So even if they do check, which I strongly believe they don't ans they have many others things to do, there shouldn't be any problems.

Reactions: akaus852

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She is a Canadian and not obligated to remain in Canada for spouse sponsorship. So even if they do check, which I strongly believe they don't ans they have many others things to do, there shouldn't be any problems.
I completely agree. It's possible they might ask for more info but pretty unlikely.

akaus852

Jan 28, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
01/28/2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
What if ircc runs a quick cbsa check on sponsor before issuing DM and they find out he/she is not present in Canada...? This would open a whole new can of worms the Sponsor will now have to prove his intent to return...just sayin
Good Point, I guess I am ready to take this chance.

Reactions: Phalos

akaus852

Jan 28, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
01/28/2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
Hypothetically, sure, they could. But probably unlikely unless the citizen is gone for a long time (and possibly some other factors, don't know). [Usual warning that this does not apply to PR-sponsors.] And for a sponsor who's gone to visit and actually does intend to return (and done things like keep a residence or job) it shouldn't be hard to respond to such an inquiry anyway.

The poster who asked this question seems to be a December 2019 applicant with no movement on the file for some time. May be worth doing the usual (gcms notes, MP inquiry) to get some info on what's going on with the file. Although looks like a Mississauga file so probably just caught up with all the other files delayed there.
Ordered GCMS notes in December, General info of Covid related delays. MP same generic response. Even Messaged PM office as well as Immigration Minister. No support just generic replies.

Reactions: armoured

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Its seems the more recent the application, the faster the processing.
As in applicants from 2019 are still waiting. Applicants from early 2020 are processed at 12-14 months, and applicants from late 2021 can be processed in as little as 3 months.

Reactions: rrss13

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I guess I'm in the anomaly pile. Jan 2020 and still nothing. It's sad overall how they decide to process these applications. The newer submissions don't have to wait anymore or hear about covid. While the people affected just continue to hear the same story. Oh well nothing I can do but rant here lol. I'm just letting it out so I don't go crazy.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I guess I'm in the anomaly pile. Jan 2020 and still nothing. It's sad overall how they decide to process these applications. The newer submissions don't have to wait anymore or hear about covid. While the people affected just continue to hear the same story. Oh well nothing I can do but rant here lol. I'm just letting it out so I don't go crazy.
What did the 'business part' of the gcms notes you got earlier say?

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Doing the right thing. This is immensely frustrating now. Are they going to waste another year of our lives in the name of COVID? God knows if they even have a plan to start picking up our files or not this year. If they do, why not communicate the duration to applicants. They opened a new office, not provided when the staff would start working from that new office and whether they have plans to send backlog files to new office. Says a lot about holes in the system. On top of that lack of communication is making our lives even more difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galaxy21 and DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
What did the 'business part' of the gcms notes you got earlier say?
Lol I think I'm having a slow day. Not understanding your question. Those notes I learned nothing from other than my application was transferred to Beijing for the eligibility portion and my bring fwd date was 2/23 or something I haven't ordered new notes yet because I'd rather buy coffee than to loose $5 for a whole lotta nothing lol.

Enlighten me. I'm not thinking to far today :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Lol I think I'm having a slow day. Not understanding your question. Those notes I learned nothing from other than my application was transferred to Beijing for the eligibility portion and my bring fwd date was 2/23 or something I haven't ordered new notes yet because I'd rather buy coffee than to loose $5 for a whole lotta nothing lol.

Enlighten me. I'm not thinking to far today :)
Roughly at aor stage there should have been a paragraph of preliminary assessment. I called that the business part because most of the rest of it is data entry and logistics. That might actually contain some info on how your file was assessed (on a preliminary basis).