+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
When I say portal, its the link they send to you to upload ur address and photograph. I have done both and it says awaiting IRCC review. Mycic account where you link your application my wife got her COPR and also on her email id. Please check your email if it went in Spam.
I just got an email few minutes back with copr email copy and they asked me to mail the copr copy and a photo to the etobicoke address, that's a good news. But is there an option to upload the photo and send instead of mailing the hard copy?

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I just got an email few minutes back with copr email copy and they asked me to mail the copr copy and a photo to the etobicoke address, that's a good news. But is there an option to upload the photo and send instead of mailing the hard copy?
Congratulations!!!
how many days it took to get the copr email after your application was approved in GCKey?

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
I got the details from IRCC and uploaded the address and image and it has been 10+ days with no update. Says under IRCC review. THese guys are seriously lazy asses.
Can I give a different mailing address for PR hard copy receival? My PR application had a different address and I'm planning to relocate so I am not sure if I can give a different mailing address to get my PR card. Let me know what's my option.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
When I say portal, its the link they send to you to upload ur address and photograph. I have done both and it says awaiting IRCC review. Mycic account where you link your application my wife got her COPR and also on her email id. Please check your email if it went in Spam.
Will they send the link separately to upload photos and address? My COPR email doesn't have any link to upload.

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Can I give a different mailing address for PR hard copy receival? My PR application had a different address and I'm planning to relocate so I am not sure if I can give a different mailing address to get my PR card. Let me know what's my option.
Hi. I'm in the same situation. Relocating soon. I spoke with IRCC the other day. They gave me the following instructions:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

How to submit a request for a change of contact information

In order to change your contact information (address, email address and/or telephone number), please:

• Submit your request using the IRCC Web form, and
  • Select Change of contact information in the Type of application/enquiry dropdown menu.
No confirmation will be sent to you after submitting the IRCC Web form. Your file will be updated with your new contact information within 5 business days. Please note that we will only communicate with you if we are unable to update your file with the information provided.

If you have other requests regarding your application, we invite you to:

• Submit a separate IRCC Web form, and
  • Provide details pertaining to your request in the Your enquiry box.
For more information on changing an address online, you may consult our Help Centre.

Hope, this will help. Good luck!

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
I got SA and AIP on Nov 27th saying eligibility passed and I got copr via email on Jan 15th and COPR confirmation on Jan 14th.
Congrats! I got my SA and AIP Nov 24th. After that they requested a permanent residency fee receipt. And still no news.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
Hi. I'm in the same situation. Relocating soon. I spoke with IRCC the other day. They gave me the following instructions:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

How to submit a request for a change of contact information

In order to change your contact information (address, email address and/or telephone number), please:

• Submit your request using the IRCC Web form, and
  • Select Change of contact information in the Type of application/enquiry dropdown menu.
No confirmation will be sent to you after submitting the IRCC Web form. Your file will be updated with your new contact information within 5 business days. Please note that we will only communicate with you if we are unable to update your file with the information provided.

If you have other requests regarding your application, we invite you to:

• Submit a separate IRCC Web form, and
  • Provide details pertaining to your request in the Your enquiry box.
For more information on changing an address online, you may consult our Help Centre.

Hope, this will help. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. Once, we submit the address change form and after 5 business days we can send the COPR copy and photograph mailed to get the PR card ? Also the email says, if there is a change in address, then send the current address. I am little confused about the sequence of steps, please let me know how you went about it?

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year,

I received SA and AIP on December 15th, and then I received my COPR on December 31st. What an excellent way to end 2020, except that they got my name wrong for some reason and they will be sending me an amended COPR letter with the correct spelling of my name.

My email did not include a username and password for a web portal though. My COPR states that I should send my information along with two pictures (in accordance with their requirements) to IRCC in Montreal by mail. Maybe it has to do with where you are in Canada but I'm not sure honestly. I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick btw.

Aside from sending the required information and pictures for my PR Card, I know that we're supposed to apply for another SIN now because we no longer require the work permit. Is there anything else that we're supposed to do now that we are permanent residents of Canada?

Thanks in advance!
Even I got my COPR email but it didnt have any portal info to upload the pic and letter, they asked me to send the photo and the COPR letter to etobicoke address. And is there any update after you sent the details via mail, did you get your PR card?

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Even I got my COPR email but it didnt have any portal info to upload the pic and letter, they asked me to send the photo and the COPR letter to etobicoke address. And is there any update after you sent the details via mail, did you get your PR card?
Once you send the required information by mail, you just have to wait to receive your PR card. I haven't received mine yet but I just sent the information to IRCC in Montreal. They had written my name wrong on the COPR letter, so I had to call them to get it corrected. I initially called on the same day (December 31 2019) I got the letter to get it corrected, and the agent said it was all good to go. Except that it wasn't really because I called again two weeks later and the second agent informed me that there was no note on my profile asking for a name correction. Nevertheless, he submitted the request for me and they sent me the correct COPR the same day.

You should receive your PR Card within a month.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
My application was received December 20, 2019 but unfortunately was sent to Etobicoke last month because this is my second application since it's my second marriage to a Canadian. I will have the wait longer for approval.

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Thanks for your response. Once, we submit the address change form and after 5 business days we can send the COPR copy and photograph mailed to get the PR card ? Also the email says, if there is a change in address, then send the current address. I am little confused about the sequence of steps, please let me know how you went about it?
after 5 business days we can send the COPR copy and photograph mailed to get the PR card ? - That's almost exactly what the IRCC operator said. He added that it's better to do it in 7 business days due to covid.

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Anyone still waiting for AIP or update? After SA there is no update on my file . . It's been close to 14 months now... I don't know what going on with my file. I tried calling them also, but they just said due to covid process is slow .. anybody in the same situation?

Reactions: slavasz

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
SA - Sponsor Approval?
What's AIP?

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
AIP - Approval in Principal applicant

When you look at the status in ECAS , under Permanent Residence Application Status, if it says Decision Made then you got AIP, If not then its under process.