+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I think only people who applied on December 4th got the OWP yesterday. I applied on the 5th and haven't got yet.
so slow and it's so long. This so frustrating.
Did you check your online account? People from Dec 6th got their OWP yesterday, and several people from Dec 5th too...

Isaquecosta2

Nov 13, 2019
i don't have access to online account cause I am doing my application through a lawyer. And on the spread sheet no one from 5 th or 6th updated.
so I'm guessing no one from this date got it.

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
i don't have access to online account cause I am doing my application through a lawyer. And on the spread sheet no one from 5 th or 6th updated.
so I'm guessing no one from this date got it.
Several people in the whatsapp group and FB group from Dec 5 and 6 announced they got it. There's a lot of people who just doesn't update the spreadsheet :( But most of those people just got the update on their online account but haven't received the notification by email yet, maybe that;s your case and, as you can't see your online account, you got it bu you don't know it ;)

Isaquecosta2

Nov 13, 2019
Several people in the whatsapp group and FB group from Dec 5 and 6 announced they got it. There's a lot of people who just doesn't update the spreadsheet :( But most of those people just got the update on their online account but haven't received the notification by email yet, maybe that;s your case and, as you can't see your online account, you got it bu you don't know it ;)
My lawyer just sent the e-mail. OWP has been approved :) so happy.

mobbiewobbie

May 24, 2018
(Sorry for double posting) I haven't seen any new updates on the spreadsheet during April 2020 except for OWP. It just looks like only OWPs are getting approved at this point, but Medical/background/biometric requests are not being sent out. Does anyone know of a medical/background check request since mid March (for any month, obviously not december applications)

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Is Visitor visa extension required after OWP approval? My spouses' visitor visa is expiring on may 27. And our application was submitted on 12Dec( so awaiting OWP approval now). I'm very confused as to should we apply for visitor visa extension . Is there any issueif we apply for extension and the work permit comes through before they process the extension?

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Is Visitor visa extension required after OWP approval? My spouses' visitor visa is expiring on may 27. And our application was submitted on 12Dec( so awaiting OWP approval now). I'm very confused as to should we apply for visitor visa extension . Is there any issueif we apply for extension and the work permit comes through before they process the extension?
Did you received AOR letter? If you did and your OWP application appears on the system, technically you have implied status and you don't need to apply for visitor extension, as your wife will keep her status as a visitor until a decision is made on her OWP.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Did you received AOR letter? If you did and your OWP application appears on the system, technically you have implied status and you don't need to apply for visitor extension, as your wife will keep her status as a visitor until a decision is made on her OWP.
Hi Abeagomez ,Thanks for your reply. Yes she received her AOR as well as we were able to link both OWP and PR app on mycic. Now we are awaiting the response on OWP hopefully soon as her PR extension (visit record) is valid till May26.. our timeline is as below
App sent(or+owp): Dec 9
App rec'd: Dec 12
AOR(OWP AND PR app linked) : Feb 11
Awaiting OWP approval

Last edited: