+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
December, I paid the bio, linked my application, and online in my account the pr application says I don't need bio.
Then suddenly phonecall saying they are scheduling bio appointment. No BIL letter received
According to IRCC, people that applied for PR from December 3rd, 2019 would have to give biometrics. The PR process stages are listed in your account, the processes are on default until the stage of each process is due then it changes. So for your application, by default it will be showing "you do not need biometrics....

Question: what was your response to the call for biometrics, and how the officer handled your response?

Cal225

Jun 22, 2020
According to IRCC, people that applied for PR from December 3rd, 2019 would have to give biometrics. The PR process stages are listed in your account, the processes are on default until the stage of each process is due then it changes. So for your application, by default it will be showing "you do not need biometrics....

Question: what was your response to the call for biometrics, and how the officer handled your response?
I just scheduled the appointment, I was unaware that the letter was something different than what I already had. (the bio reminder letter). I found out about the BIL after and plan to call tomorrow to try and figure out what the deal is.

Reactions: hiwilley

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I just requested a GCMS note today, want to see the skeleton of my application so far. I don't know how many wks/days it takes for IRCC to responds to GCMS.

KR8994

May 22, 2020
I submitted a paper application for my inland spousal to sponsor PR. They received the application on Dec 19/2019 and began the process on February 15/2020. The estimated completion is in December 2020 but we have not received a single update till date. No biometric request, no medical request. I called IRCC and talked to customer service rep who stated there is a delay in the application process due to COVID crisis. It's been 9 months, no progress. We are really frustrated waiting for any update. Spouse's work permit ends in November 2020, so will have to apply for an extension soon.
Hope there will be a movement in the application process soon.
Is anyone dealing with similar issues?

toronto6s

Sep 17, 2020
Yeah, made the call. They confirmed that no BIL has been sent. But they reccomended to attend the appointment anyway, since they clearly have enough info to make an appointment.
(It's a 6+ hour drive 1 way so that'll be fun)
Hi, I am new here and would like to understand a bit more. I'm a late December applicant with AOR in March 2020. Should we all be expecting biometrics? I am currently on a visitor visa - inland and only did biometrics with my application to come to Canada (about a year ago). If we are required to do the biometrics, what places in Canada still does those as from what I have been reading most offices are closed.

Thank you!

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I received a request letter on September 13th regarding my police certificate. I have lived for the majority of my life in Israel, therefore I need an Israeli Police Clearance. The thing is, they do no give you the police certificate. The consulate or embassy releases the information to the requesting authority, which is IRCC in this situation. I had applied for one in November 2019 but here I am today applying once again for an Israeli police certificate because IRCC never received my clearance from the Consulate.
I have also uploaded a web form explaining the situation. I attached an explanation letter to the scanned application as well. Processing time for an Israeli Police Certificate is about 6 weeks. I am hoping that this particular issue does not cause too much delay with my PR app as they are moving quite quickly these days and I would like to be on this express train before things start to slow down again.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all,
3 November 1st, 5th and 6th Applicants already received AIP & SA you can confirm that on the thread. We are getting there hopefully

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiroTheHero

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
8 November applicants already got AIP & SA. 4 out of the 8 got DM.
I don't know how it is going here if there are some more movement in our files like; more medical requests or biometrics since Service Ontario has gradually resumed. Let's keep updating, we are almost there.

amt15

Sep 12, 2019
Hello peeps, Just mailed my wife's Spousal application with OWP on 2nd December, file will be delivered in Mississauga by Thursday 5th December, Lets connect in this thread if you have sent your application in December to track our progress. Wife is already here in Canada as visitor, Landed on 20th November 2019.
Did your wife get visitor visa after marriage or before?

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
App received- 11 DEC
Med request- 14 Sept
And today 22 Sept I got Bio metrics request.
But all the biometerics center are closed . May be will get a call for appointment. lets see.

Reactions: hiwilley

natedavi422

Jul 24, 2020
I saw that a couple people were able to submit their biometrics (inland December), does anyone know how? All the offices are closed in Canada. I'm really hoping this doesn't delay the approval too much...

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Last edited: