+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Wonderful. Congratulations! Must be so exciting.
May I ask, did you previously have biometrics or did you benefit from the exemption? Thanks.
I had biometrics last year for my visitor's visa.

Last edited:

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
I hope they'll start approving the December applications. I have emailed the Minister (IRCC) to respectfully express the dire situation we are all in for having a spouse who can't work or qualify for CERB/EI in the middle of this pandemic where some of us have lost income as well. After one month, their only reply is this:

"Departmental records confirm that your spouse’s application for a work permit is currently in progress at IRCC’s Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that your spouse will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made."

On one hand, its an assurance that they're continuing the process on the other hand, it doesn't really say anything...

Awquin

May 28, 2020
I hope they'll start approving the December applications. I have emailed the Minister (IRCC) to respectfully express the dire situation we are all in for having a spouse who can't work or qualify for CERB/EI in the middle of this pandemic where some of us have lost income as well. After one month, their only reply is this:

"Departmental records confirm that your spouse’s application for a work permit is currently in progress at IRCC’s Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that your spouse will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made."

On one hand, its an assurance that they're continuing the process on the other hand, it doesn't really say anything...
Appreciate it man...

Cal225

Jun 22, 2020
Is there a trick to getting to speak to ircc? Tried calling and got the "high volume of calls" message, and then it hangs up, you don't even get to wait on hold.