11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
Hi,

I am going to apply for citizenship this month and got question in filling up the form. Hoping someone can provide some feedback on this.

1> I traveled for 3 weeks for work in Sweden in 2015, which is within 5 year eligibility period. So should I add that information on question 10.A. ? I actually don't remember the hotel name and address that I stayed in.

2> After landing in Canada, I was unemployed for three month. So, what should be the explanation for that time period in Quesiton 11.

3> Being a resident of Ontario, do I need to check NO on question 17. C. Or just leave it blank?

Thanks in advance.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am going to apply for citizenship this month and got question in filling up the form. Hoping someone can provide some feedback on this.

1> I traveled for 3 weeks for work in Sweden in 2015, which is within 5 year eligibility period. So should I add that information on question 10.A. ? I actually don't remember the hotel name and address that I stayed in.

2> After landing in Canada, I was unemployed for three month. So, what should be the explanation for that time period in Quesiton 11.

3> Being a resident of Ontario, do I need to check NO on question 17. C. Or just leave it blank?

Thanks in advance.
1. No you don’t need. Read the instructions carefully.
2. Write unemployed.
3. Not sure but don’t leave it blank.

Reactions: zstream

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
1. No you don’t need. Read the instructions carefully.
2. Write unemployed.
3. Not sure but don’t leave it blank.
Thanks a lot. +1.

Oly_8

Mar 8, 2020
Hi there, I just found this thread. Could you please include my info?

App. type: Single
Physical Presence: 1281 days
Application sent: Dec 18, 2019
Application delivered: Dec 24, 2019

Do I have to have an IRCC account to obtain th AOR? OR will I get it by email?
I'm asking because it looks like applicants with later submission dates are getting their AOR.
Thank you in advance!

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019

I'm asking because it looks like applicants with later submission dates are getting their AOR.
Thank you in advance!
You get your AOR via email which will act as your account. calling IRCC won't resolve anything. The timing of AOR depends on your location and agent

Last edited:

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

I have a question. My application was returned due to incomplete application for my kid. They also mentioned that the applications of my wife and myself are considered complete.

Now I had sent the missing information. However I just realized that the "Document checklists" are missing for my wife and myself. I had sent the returned documents as it is as they had mentioned that our applications are complete (so the person who verified might took the documents checklist out). Is this a problem? Will my application get accepted or would be returned again?

Thanks.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Hi All

I have a question. My application was returned due to incomplete application for my kid. They also mentioned that the applications of my wife and myself are considered complete.

Now I had sent the missing information. However, I just realized that the "Document checklists" are missing for my wife and myself. I had sent the returned documents as it is as they had mentioned that our applications are complete (so the person who verified might take the documents checklist out). Is this a problem? Will my application get accepted or would it be returned again?

Thanks.
Nobody knows. It will depend on the officer handling your case. I think that every time you are sending the application is treated as a new submission. Therefore checklist (which is an obligatory document) for you and for wife may be required and your application can be possibly returned back.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi All

Now I had sent the missing information. However I just realized that the "Document checklists" are missing for my wife and myself. I had sent the returned documents as it is as they had mentioned that our applications are complete (so the person who verified might took the documents checklist out). Is this a problem? Will my application get accepted or would be returned again?

Thanks.
Like another member in this forum did, dont wait until they return your application, send the new application package now with the checklist form.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Nobody knows. It will depend on the officer handling your case. I think that every time you are sending the application is treated as a new submission. Therefore checklist (which is an obligatory document) for you and for wife may be required and your application can be possibly returned back.
[EDITED]

The checklist is not an obligatory document, but a mandatory one. The first sentence states "Send the following documents with your application. Check each box once you enclose the item."

Like another member in this forum did, dont wait until they return your application, send the new application package now with the checklist form.
I sent my application within 2 days because I found my photos lying on the ground outside my house :rolleyes:. My first application was returned and I received AOR for the second application.

Last edited:
Reactions: taivoi

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Is "Documents Checklist" a mandatory document for application completeness?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Is "Documents Checklist" a mandatory document for application completeness?
Yes it is. First line itself states it. "Send the following documents with your application. Check each box once you enclose the item."

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Yes it is. First line itself states it. "Send the following documents with your application. Check each box once you enclose the item."
What is the difference between obligatory and mandatory document? Your response to me was that the checklist is not obligatory, but here you saying it is mandatory? I think you confusing "kunisha". You cand find on a forum peoples whose applications were returned because "Document checklist" was missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RKCK

Oly_8

Mar 8, 2020

Thank you in advance!
I received my AOR on March 09, 2020. Please update

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
What is the difference between obligatory and mandatory document? Your response to me was that checklist is not obligatory, but here you say it is mandatory? I think you confusing "kunisha". You cand find on a forum peoples whose applications were returned because "Document checklist" was missing.
Obligatory document is not required but you can include to make sure your application is strong. Mandatory document is required by IRCC to consider your application to be complete.

I have always stated it is mandatory document. I have quoted that the first sentence in the form itself. I have corrected my previous statement to you as I missed to say it is a mandatory document. Thanks for pointing it out.