+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

twilly

Mar 9, 2020
hello new here, and here are my processing info.:)

application type: Single
Physical Presence: 1,766
Application Delivered: Dec 16
AOR: February 20, 2020

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
What is the difference between obligatory and mandatory document? Your response to me was that the checklist is not obligatory, but here you saying it is mandatory? I think you confusing "kunisha". You cand find on a forum peoples whose applications were returned because "Document checklist" was missing.
Hi,

The form cit0007e titled Document Checklist Application For Canadian Citizenship.... is a mandatory checklist that you must attach in your application package.

This form(cit0007e) has two sections, the top section has a list like Application for citizenship ( CIT 0002), Physical presence calculator, Photocopies of biological pages of your passport, Language requirement, personal IDs like driver's license, health card, PR card etc. The documents in this list are mandatory and are to be made available with your application package.

The lower section of the form(cit0007e) is case specific and hence will be optional for some people like Photocopies of Name Change, Date of Birth correction, Original PCC, IMM5476, cit0177 etc.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

All the best with your processing.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Hi,

The form cit0007e titled Document Checklist Application For Canadian Citizenship.... is a mandatory checklist that you must attach in your application package.

This form(cit0007e) has two sections, the top section has a list like Application for citizenship ( CIT 0002), Physical presence calculator, Photocopies of biological pages of your passport, Language requirement, personal IDs like driver's license, health card, PR card etc. The documents in this list are mandatory and are to be made available with your application package.

The lower section of the form(cit0007e) is case specific and hence will be optional for some people like Photocopies of Name Change, Date of Birth correction, Original PCC, IMM5476, cit0177 etc.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

All the best with your processing.
Thank you for this explanation:) I look like all this confusion is because of wording:) We all agree that Checklist should be part of your application. Nevertheless, in my opinion, some requirements of the documents should be sent with the application are confusing:)

Reactions: s23srinivas

reivax

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2016
hello new here, and here are my processing info.:)

Physical Presence: 1,766
Application Delivered: Dec 16
AOR: February 20, 2020
Added.

Reactions: twilly

Csvarun18

Mar 7, 2020
Hi I have got fingerprint request today can some one suggest me fingerprint service near Toronto or Scarborough location

Csvarun18

Mar 7, 2020
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2020.
  4. Finger print request 9th March 2020

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Is everyone getting the fingerprint request or is it only case by case basis? I am not sure why they need our fingerprints now, as they have our fingerprint records from PR applications.

Reactions: ukca8614

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Is everyone getting the fingerprint request or is it only case by case basis? I am not sure why they need our fingerprints now, as they have our fingerprint records from PR applications.
They don't actually receive your fingerprints, they are submitted to the RCMP who run a background check on you. The RCMP will then provide a report to the IRCC (3 days if no record, months longer if they find something). The background check done years ago for the PR would be invalid by now.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Hi, new to the forum and posting about my application info:

Physical Presence: 1,097
Application Sent: Dec 02
Application Delivered: Dec 03
AOR: Feb 24, 2020
IP: Mar 04, 2020

Fingerprinting is on a case-by-case, it generally depends on whether IRCC is able to uniquely identify you. Two of my friends recently applied as a family, and because his name is very, very long, he received a request for fingerprints (which also happened during his PR process), whether that she never received any such requests. Don't worry about it, it's perfectly normal.

Edit: forgot to mention the date I sent my application

Last edited:

manjyot

Jun 18, 2017
Hello could someone please update my recent change to the sheet:-
Name:- Manjyot Singh
Family size: single
Physical Presence: 1128
App. Sent: Nov 28, 2019
App. Delivered: Dec 02 ,2019
AOR: Feb 21, 2020
In Process: March 09, 2020