+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi All, How did you prepare for citizenship test? I am finding it very difficult to remember the names, dates and years. Any tips would be appreciated. I am aware that you are not supposed to discuss or reveal the questions you had faced. So I am not asking for that. Any sources for your preparation other than Discover Canada pdf or any other material that helped you or any one pager cheat sheet etc. The names, dates, years and the whole discover document and the info is too overwhelming and I am afraid if I would clear the exam or not. Thanks
Read the book 2 or 3 times. Practice plenty.

Here you can find lots of tests:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test.711775/page-55#post-9194656

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Hi All, How did you prepare for citizenship test? I am finding it very difficult to remember the names, dates and years. Any tips would be appreciated. I am aware that you are not supposed to discuss or reveal the questions you had faced. So I am not asking for that. Any sources for your preparation other than Discover Canada pdf or any other material that helped you or any one pager cheat sheet etc. The names, dates, years and the whole discover document and the info is too overwhelming and I am afraid if I would clear the exam or not. Thanks
I'd recommend to focus on Discover Canada only. Pay a special attention on notes below pictures - they have important names and dates.
I found it helpful for myself to write down dates, names and important facts on a separate sheet as brief notes - it will trigger brain to memorize them.

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
The Discover Canada will be your very best source read and understand you dont really need to memorize it read it by heart and u will remember stuff..
1 day b4 u plan to take the test relax ur mind and dont review anymore(that works for me)
Key points will let you remember what u read so good luck

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Has anyone taken online test? Are all the 20 questions presented at once for you to answer, review and then have an option of submitting everything at once (or) the questions start popping up one at a time?

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Has anyone taken online test? Are all the 20 questions presented at once for you to answer, review and then have an option of submitting everything at once (or) the questions start popping up one at a time?
You will see one question at a time, but there will be a chance to mark it for review, check everything as many times as you want within the time limits and submit your answers.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
You will see one question at a time, but there will be a chance to mark it for review, check everything as many times as you want within the time limits and submit your answers.
Thanks for the information. I was just hoping to get all the questions at once, so we can answer the easy ones, calculate whether we can make the 15 marks or not and leave the tough ones for last :)

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Thanks for the information. I was just hoping to get all the questions at once, so we can answer the easy ones, calculate whether we can make the 15 marks or not and leave the tough ones for last :)
don't overthink ;) just answer everything to your best knowledge and everything will be good! It's not that difficult, really.

VISH@1990

Mar 3, 2021
Hello,

Test was taken yesterday and passed with 17/20. Can someone please add the below details on the spreadsheet?
Thank you.

Citizenship application - Adult Single
Mississauga, ON
Physical Presence: 1245 days
Application sent: November 28th, 2019
Delivered: December 2nd, 2019
AOR: February 12th, 2020
In Progress: February 22nd, 2020
Test Invite: March 11th, 2021
Test Passed: March 29th, 2021
Hello,

Can you please update the tracker? (Line 27)

Citizenship application - Adult Single
Mississauga, ON
Physical Presence: 1245 days
Application sent: November 28th, 2019
Delivered: December 2nd, 2019
AOR: February 12th, 2020
In Progress: February 22nd, 2020
Test Invite: March 11th, 2021
Test Passed: March 29th, 2021
Interview request: March 5th, 2021
Interview Date: March 7th, 2021
Decision Made: March 9th, 2021

It was a Microsoft Teams interview to verify the identity of the person. Asked all original documents(Travel and Educational) that was submitted along with the application package.

Thank you.

Reactions: Hapique

Torge

Jan 13, 2017
Hi,

Please add me to the timeline.

Citizenship application: Adult Single
Physical Presence: 1178 days
Application Delivered: December 30, 2019
AOR: March 6, 2020
In Progress: October 5, 2020
Test Invite: April 22, 2021
Test Passed: May 9, 2021 (20/20)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapique

auto_art

Aug 8, 2013
test
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
27-Aug-14
AOR Received.
neverrr-
IELTS Request
submited with App s6w7r7l7.5
File Transfer...
processing start 20-Feb-2015
Med's Request
14-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
19-Mar-2015, third line 27-Mar-15
Interview........
waived..hopefully..pray to God
Passport Req..
13-May-2015--sent 14-May-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-May-2015--PP back 23-May-2015--expiry 23-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
-
after how many days of Oath citizenship certificate comes in mail?

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
There’s a new way for you to check the status of your application to become a Canadian citizen.
You must create a new account.
You can find more details on your application like where exactly it is pending.
Good initiative. Try it.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
There’s a new way for you to check the status of your application to become a Canadian citizen.
You must create a new account.
You can find more details on your application like where exactly it is pending.
Good initiative. Try it.
yeah mine has errors

BaKatt

May 10, 2021
Hi everyone! did my citizenship test on March 21st, and have not received an interview invitation yet. When I look at the trackers here, it seems that people usually get notified within 2 weeks about any interviews. Any idea if that means that no interview is needed? Thanks!