+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

DataScientist2023

Jul 19, 2021
LOL...they are not even processing GCMS notes on time. Received acknowledgment on July 26th. It's been 44 days and still not processed.
Yeah the one's who's applications are processed and are waiting for COPR, sure please don't be pessimists :p but what about us for which even eligibility is not passed almost after 2 years, then you hear there is another priority for IRCC. I completely understand the Afghan issue, but IRCC should man up and maybe hire more employees, not fair to keep people waiting, especially when you wish them to be experienced, highly educated labor and they paid you to process their applications.

Sometimes it feels like you paid for a product well in advance and it might never arrive, bad customer service from IRCC. They know we can't do much so they don't care.

Last edited:

ser93

Jul 27, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,

Hope all is well with you!
I just changed jobs, I am wondering how I should go about informing IRCC of this change. Should I request letters (like the ones for the initial application) from both employers and then raise a webform?

Apologies if this is something you answered before!

Best,
Sara

PS: To everyone on here, please don't despair! Ultimately the application will be processed and hopefully we'll be able to begin our lives in a new country :)
In the meantime, try to make the most out of the time you have left in your country of residence. Go after that promotion! Take a course! Spend time with your family and friends! Do some local tourism! Explore the natural and urban landscapes! It is very easy to say and very difficult to do but adopting this mentality makes all the difference! Stay strong :D

lucifere

Star Member
Jul 6, 2018
Sent an enquiry via webform and here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

So we don't have any way besides calling to know more about our applications? :(
Even more. I have called them 5 minutes ago and they told me exactly the same and refused to answer for ANY my question argumenting of situation in Afghanistan :( For any question answered - sorry, we can't help you, limited resources, Afghanistan in priority blablabla... He repeated this for 5 minutes... Actually he could answered all my questions much faster than refusing all of them :(
So guys... Continue waiting without any information and news...

Last edited:

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Even more. I have called them 5 minutes ago and they told me exactly the same and refused to answer for ANY my question argumenting of situation in Afghanistan :( For any question answered - sorry, we can't help you, limited resources, Afghanistan in priority blablabla... He repeated this for 5 minutes... Actually he could answered all my questions much faster than refusing all of them :(
Same. I just had a friend in the US call them to enquire about my file. No one answered and had to leave a voice mail and I'm left hanging.

• Angry
Reactions: DataScientist2023

DataScientist2023

Jul 19, 2021
Ahhh.. Grr... I try to be as patient as I can be and understand the situation from IRCC/Canada's perspective, but this seems cruel, I get it there are priorities, but none of those situations are created by us and it feels we are being punished unnecessarily, seems all of these are just excuses.

BUT CANADA has its priorities and letting us in does not seem like one of them. So my fellow bright people don't feel bad, it's just a phase and it will be over soon, today or tomorrow or maybe a bit longer, let's keep writing here, keeping each other's morale high, let's develop some new skills, maybe plan for a new business/startup. Hit me up if you have an idea or wish to learn something new together while we wait. What are you learning? :D

Cheers!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

Hope all is well with you!
I just changed jobs, I am wondering how I should go about informing IRCC of this change. Should I request letters (like the ones for the initial application) from both employers and then raise a webform?

Apologies if this is something you answered before!

Best,
Sara

PS: To everyone on here, please don't despair! Ultimately the application will be processed and hopefully we'll be able to begin our lives in a new country :)
In the meantime, try to make the most out of the time you have left in your country of residence. Go after that promotion! Take a course! Spend time with your family and friends! Do some local tourism! Explore the natural and urban landscapes! It is very easy to say and very difficult to do but adopting this mentality makes all the difference! Stay strong :D
Any changes to your employment after you submit your application has no impact on the processing of your application. However, you have to inform IRCC of any changes to your employment for which you claimed points. You only have to inform that you no longer work there, there is no need for ant documents or work reference letters for the new job as you would not get any points.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Can you help me with the process and benefits?
you can create the application on your IRCC account itself. At the bottom left there is an option - visit Canada. Im not really sure about the benefits or if its impacts an existing PR application. From what I've been told with the visit visa you need to prove you will return to your home country. The online application does have a couple of questions to gauge that - do you have a job in your country of residence or something related to that and a few others. I haven't submitted my application, but I might maybe later in the year in November if I dont receive a COPR after the travel ban is lifted for India. I've been waiting for almost two years now as my AOR is Dec 2019 and my application was approved early last year few weeks after the first lockdown.