+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

marvin_mec

Jul 23, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ! I was wondering if you could help me to understand an update in my profile that I had today. My AOR is Dec. 13th/2019 (FSW-O) and the status of Review of Medical Results has changed from MEP (02/01/2020) to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I didn´t receive any info or requirement to redo medical exams so far. Do you know what does it mean? Thanks for you attention.

Last edited:

rpj07

Nov 6, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-12-2019
Hi @legalfalcon! I am FSW-O with December 04, 2019 AOR, residing in India. I am waiting for my PPR. Yet to order GCMS notes. My girlfriend(not common law) and I applied for PR separately and she reached Canada just before COVID struck. We intended to get married post my landing there, but now it has been too long. Is there any option for me to go there with the current travel restrictions except on a visitor visa(taking into account travel exemptions for 1+ year relationships, if any)? The only alternative I see is her coming back here and us getting married, then applying for spousal application after cancelling my current application - but even that may take a long time to process and she would have to stay in Canada I believe. Would be really grateful for any option whereby we could be together.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. I want you to please clarify this. I read on cic page that medicals are usually sent for possible extension if decision is pending just because of medicals that will expire soon. If other aspects are not yet cleared,there will be a remedical instruction letter sent. Thanks
Not exactly. Most application pre-COVID were processed within 6-8 months. So medicals expiry was not an issue. For those it was, usually got an extension. It has become an issue now, so IRCC is pending expired medicals for reassessment to the regional medical officers who will make a determination on whether to extend of ask for remed. Most applicants not get an extension.

Reactions: JerryAnn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon! I am FSW-O with December 04, 2019 AOR, residing in India. I am waiting for my PPR. Yet to order GCMS notes. My girlfriend(not common law) and I applied for PR separately and she reached Canada just before COVID struck. We intended to get married post my landing there, but now it has been too long. Is there any option for me to go there with the current travel restrictions except on a visitor visa(taking into account travel exemptions for 1+ year relationships, if any)? The only alternative I see is her coming back here and us getting married, then applying for spousal application after cancelling my current application - but even that may take a long time to process and she would have to stay in Canada I believe. Would be really grateful for any option whereby we could be together.

You may fall under travel exemption on compassionate grounds.
You will need evidence to show it, which would be chats, emails, photos etc. and finally it will be at the discretion of IRCC.

Definition of extended family members
The Orders have expanded the types of family relationships to Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act and permanent residents that are exempt from the travel restrictions. In contrast to the immediate family member definition, the extended family member definition does not apply to familial relations of temporary residents in Canada.

Extended family members in respect of a Canadian citizen, person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act or permanent resident are

• an individual who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person, has been in such a relationship for at least 1 year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • a dependent child of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a child of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • a dependent child of a child (that is, a grandchild)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • a grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

Reactions: baarsaam and rpj07

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ! I was wondering if you could help me to understand an update in my profile that I had today. My AOR is Dec. 13th/2019 (FSW-O) and the status of Review of Medical Results has changed from MEP (02/01/2020) to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I didn´t receive any info or requirement to redo medical exams so far. Do you know what does it mean? Thanks for you attention.
Since your medicals are expiring soon, they have been sent for a reassessment and most likely you will get an extension.

The medicals have to be valid not only when you submit your application, but also when you land in Canada.

rpj07

Nov 6, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-12-2019
You will need evidence to show it, which would be chats, emails, photos etc. and finally it will be at the discretion of IRCC.

Thank you for the quick response! That's so good to hear. In this case I can go only as a visitor right (max 6 months), and will have to come back to India if I get my PPR request?

Minnumaria88

Feb 2, 2019
Hi
Anyone has any idea about giving biometrics
Can we accompany family members , those who are in our application, and who has biometrics instruction letter to VAC centres or do they need to do separate
Pls let me know if anyone given biometrics recently

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
PPR RAIN TODAY BY NDVO: APPLICANTS WHO WERE WAITING FOR PPR EMAIL

WOW!!! Finally, CIC has started rolling out PPRs in India. A bulk of PPR emails have been rolled out at 10.40 AM IST today (can you believe this? on Saturday? YES!!). This again proves that IRCC is highly unpredictable.

This is a great sign of relief for people who were waiting for PPR since long. Absolutely amazing news for everyone!

Please do keep checking your inbox and also don't miss to see SPAM folder too.

Once again, many many congratulations to ALL PPR holders!

#LiveYourDreams

jass_taggar

Jun 27, 2020

WOW!!! Finally, CIC has started rolling out PPRs in India. A bulk of PPR emails have been rolled out at 10.40 AM IST today (can you believe this? on Saturday? YES!!). This again proves that IRCC is highly unpredictable.

This is a great sign of relief for people who were waiting for PPR since long. Absolutely amazing news for everyone!

#LiveYourDreams
thank you for bringing across such a great news for all my Indian counterparts.
could you please also share the source of this information ?

again, congratulations to all the PPR recipients !!

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
Not exactly. Most application pre-COVID were processed within 6-8 months. So medicals expiry was not an issue. For those it was, usually got an extension. It has become an issue now, so IRCC is pending expired medicals for reassessment to the regional medical officers who will make a determination on whether to extend of ask for remed. Most applicants not get an extension.
@legalfalcon thank you so much for your response,I deeply appreciate. I also want to ask that seeing the recent trends, that is after eligibility passed and security valid,if there is a medical extension or remedical,it means ppr is next. I really wish I'm correct. Please can you put me through on this. Thank you so much

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019

One quick question. I'm in the same situation. My girlfriend is in Canada studying. We have been in a relationship for at least 1.5 year. In the middle she moved to Canada to study. When I submitted my application I was not in a relationship so I didn't declare it to IRCC. After I got into the relationship I also did not declare it to IRCC because I was not sure about how I feel and after a while I was just quite positive I'm gonna get my PR soon so again I waited but came the pandemic and everything was blown. Given that, can I apply on compassionate grounds? Won't IRCC ask why I didn't let them know about my girlfriend before?

kkaur13

Mar 17, 2020

#LiveYourDreams
we will get PPR email from our local visa office??
I mean according to my recent webform response my visa office was ottawa, will they transfer the file to NDVO for PPR or will i get PPR mail directly from ottawa?

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
One quick question. I'm in the same situation. My girlfriend is in Canada studying. We have been in a relationship for at least 1.5 year. In the middle she moved to Canada to study. When I submitted my application I was not in a relationship so I didn't declare it to IRCC. After I got into the relationship I also did not declare it to IRCC because I was not sure about how I feel and after a while I was just quite positive I'm gonna get my PR soon so again I waited but came the pandemic and everything was blown. Given that, can I apply on compassionate grounds? Won't IRCC ask why I didn't let them know about my girlfriend before?
In my opinion, I don't think it matters, you don't have to let them know if you are in a relationship or not, unless common-law partner, married... "girlfriend" is really at your own discretion, a relationship can't always be black and white. Just apply and give them all the paperwork that they ask for.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
In my opinion, I don't think it matters, you don't have to let them know if you are in a relationship or not, unless common-law partner, married... "girlfriend" is really at your own discretion, a relationship can't always be black and white. Just apply and give them all the paperwork that they ask for.
Do I have to apply for another visa or can I use this matter to speed up my current PR application which is already approved?
@legalfalcon