+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
I am in the same situation. I called IRCC today, agent told me that my application is approved on July 2. I'm also waiting. Work permit is going to expire in August.
Mine was AOR Nov, approved on 9th April and got COPR on 6th July - good 3 months . My work permit expired on 4th July , I applied for BOWP on 3rd July - delayed it because I didn’t wanted to waste $340 for BOWP when my COPR was on the edge to be emailed. But I had to apply for BOWP so As not to get out of status. After receiving COPR on 6th I got my BOWP cancelled the same day and I hope I get a refund for $340 since the application did not start due to Biometric being the first step and all Biometric centres being closed. Just a little insight to bring down anxieties among CEC inlands

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I have seen people who can’t get PR in US are moving to Canada
To be honest, it's a very rational trending since people are always want to move to places where they could feel that they are welcome. Luckily we have managed to take the train before rush hours already. I myself got my master and dropped out of Ph.D. in Computer Science in the U.S. as well before applying to move to Canada.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi Guys,

Received GCMS notes in less than 20 days. All Passed as mentioned in webforum.

In organization, my file was trasferred to CN Covid pace on 14 Apr' 20. I have no idea what it is

My Eligibility was met on 18 Feb 20 and passed on 13 May 20. After that no update.

Secondary Office 1 is OSC (Operations support centre), 2 is CPC-Ottawa and 3 is CPC_Edmonton. No idea what they are. But Everything was passes in CIO-Sydney.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

In organization, my file was trasferred to CN Covid pace on 14 Apr' 20. I have no idea what it is

My Eligibility was met on 18 Feb 20 and passed on 13 May 20. After that no update.

Secondary Office 1 is OSC (Operations support centre), 2 is CPC-Ottawa and 3 is CPC_Edmonton. No idea what they are. But Everything was passes in CIO-Sydney.

Those are the details of all the offices in Canada and outside. It is a general information, not particular to your case.

What does the final officer review says?

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Notes 2

Created date: 2020/05/13

Created by: C4815

Updated date: 2020/05/13

Label: EE Eligibility

Office: Centralized Intake office

Text: EE Eligibility passed. Based on documents submitted and assessment of case analyst/Processing agent, I am reasonable satisfied that PA met the minimum requirements of CEC/FSW programs regulations. PA meets the definition of provincial nominee and selection under PN program. I am satisfied that PA meets A11.2 assessment. PA appears to have the ability to become economically established in the nominated province. I am satisfied that PA meets eligibility under EE-M1 PV2

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
I have seen people who can’t get PR in US are moving to Canada
I started applying for Canada job last year and moved here beginning of this year with a job here.

With the extremely bad immigration climate in USA, there are more people who would like to move here. I am getting constantly contacted too about moving here. Most who wants to move here have lived USA for a decade or more and don’t want to return back to their home country.

Hope I get PR and that is a better inspiration for the folks who want to move here.

The main difference people may see is the less job opportunities and salary comparatively. But if they understand that Canada is a public welfare country then no going back I guess. More and more companies are starting operations here as a closer Neighbor to their US office. They would save roughly 30% in cost by doing so without any sort of sacrifice in quality, communication skills, time zone and travelling distance.

Whenever there are major immigration Or political changes, Canada usually sees a spike in immigration which our PM here had agreed too in an interview in the past.

I vividly remember the 2008 Alberta Nomination Program where Canada gave straight PR for folks who worked 3 years in USA in H1B. Nothing new happening now.

Reactions: Sid243

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Hi Guys,

According to an agent I talked with Covid pace means that due to the office closures and limited operations there may be delays and once the offices open up for operations or officer is available for processing then they will process it further. This is mostly true for people living outside Canada as the VO/VAC outside Canada is limited in operations and also considering the border closure. Even within Canada the VOs seems to be having limited operations.

Considering the new open EE draw, to meet the Immigration’s targets, and to take advantage of the current immigration situation in our neighbouring country it may be needed to process the pending cases to clear the backlog.

Hope all the waiting folks gets soon!

Kdte

Sep 24, 2019
Hey folks! I received an ADR for proof of funds, basically asking me to replace one of the sources of funds I had used. My situation has recently changed since AOR since I now have a valid work permit (previously an inland student) and am starting a job here (no LMIA for the job) in Canada soon. How do you folks think I should approach responding to this request since I believe having a work permit and a job offer might now exempt me from the settlement funds requirement?

Thank you!!

FSW; Dec 6 AOR, No other updates since biometrics, VO-Montreal
please which source of fund have you used?

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Had used a retirement account
I applied when I was outside Canada and didn’t start the offered job. I submitted all the fund proofs. After I joined the job I submitted the employment letter and pay stub. When they checked my eligibility in February they had skipped checking funds as I was in a Canadian job.

Since they asked you for fund details you may want to provide as much as possible. Along with it provide the salary offer and pay slip, Canada bank statement.

Not an expert but this is what I would have done.

PS: Retirement fund unless and until it is withdrawable May not be a good one to show.

Sid243

Jun 12, 2020
I started applying for Canada job last year and moved here beginning of this year with a job here.

With the extremely bad immigration climate in USA, there are more people who would like to move here. I am getting constantly contacted too about moving here. Most who wants to move here have lived USA for a decade or more and don’t want to return back to their home country.

Hope I get PR and that is a better inspiration for the folks who want to move here.

The main difference people may see is the less job opportunities and salary comparatively. But if they understand that Canada is a public welfare country then no going back I guess. More and more companies are starting operations here as a closer Neighbor to their US office. They would save roughly 30% in cost by doing so without any sort of sacrifice in quality, communication skills, time zone and travelling distance.

Whenever there are major immigration Or political changes, Canada usually sees a spike in immigration which our PM here had agreed too in an interview in the past.

I vividly remember the 2008 Alberta Nomination Program where Canada gave straight PR for folks who worked 3 years in USA in H1B. Nothing new happening now.
I am in the same boat. Not 10+ years but was in the states for 5 years. Good luck. Waiting for PR for 1 year is better than waiting for 5 decades. :)

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
I am in the same boat. Not 10+ years but was in the states for 5 years. Good luck. Waiting for PR for 1 year is better than waiting for 5 decades. :)
With USA projections even after 5 decades - 50 years I don’t know whether one would get GC. Good luck to you too!

chikomana_

May 18, 2020
I applied when I was outside Canada and didn’t start the offered job. I submitted all the fund proofs. After I joined the job I submitted the employment letter and pay stub. When they checked my eligibility in February they had skipped checking funds as I was in a Canadian job.

Since they asked you for fund details you may want to provide as much as possible. Along with it provide the salary offer and pay slip, Canada bank statement.

Not an expert but this is what I would have done.

PS: Retirement fund unless and until it is withdrawable May not be a good one to show.
Very helpful thank you! will do the same and detail info regarding the job in a cover letter. An immigration lawyer also says I should show enough settlement funds regardless

Reactions: EssGee

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys,

Hi I just received my GSCM notes too. I need to start searching in this site how to read the document.

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Okay guys I got my GSCM notes.

I am not 100% sure I know how to read them, so if anyone has any idea what to look for, I would much appreciate it.

But it seems all assessments are passed, although there was no note on security. My webforms state that there security verifications are valid so not sure what to think of anything. The most important part for me was that I passed eligibility since I had Canadian experience as a Research Assistant, and I didn't get paid in Canada. But it was accepted!!! SO HAPPY!

Also, I am in so called "CN covid pace" group. I was assigned to that group June 4th 2020.

So I guess I can relax and wait now. I am sure I will pass security if it hasn't been passed yet.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: