+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

vinaymanasvi

Dec 17, 2015
What do you mean by saying red flags exactly?
I think the webform is addressed to a centralised office, and is not responded by the officer who evaluates your application. You should order GCMS notes to see what's going on.
Thanks for your reply. one more query is that if our application is with in the normal processing timelines (which is 6 months in our case), do we get a reply for our queries when a web form is raised?

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
Hi, please what’s the difference between “Currently Valid” and “Met”?
I am not an Immigration Consultant but here's my understanding of these:

"Currently Valid": There are certain conditions/documents/requirements that have an expiry date - for example, Medical Report has a 1-year expiry, IELTS has 2-years, WES has 5-years and PNP certificate has 6-months. If your application is still within the expiry date of each/all of your certificates or reports, then you get a "currently valid" status next to it.

So "criminal background" gets a "currently valid" status because the PCC may still be valid (not entirely sure what its validity duration is).

"Met": There are certain conditions/requirements that you need to fulfill or "meet" in order to be able to apply in the category that you've chosen. For example, you have to meet a minimum CRS score to qualify in the draw - so they check whether the score you claim is accurate or not. If they feel its accurate and that you meet the criteria set by them to be eligible for evaluation, then you get a "met" next to your eligibility status.

The most common example I can think of is with Work Experience - someone might claim to be working in a specific job-code for 6-years across 3-jobs, but the job duties on one of those jobs may not match the NOC code requirements - so those years won't be counted and the applicant may lose points. In some cases, they might lose enough points to become ineligible for their chosen immigration stream.

So the status messages mean exactly what they mean - valid means that "your documents are still valid and not expired" and met means that "your application meets the required baseline critieria."

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
I am not an Immigration Consultant but here's my understanding of these:

"Currently Valid": There are certain conditions/documents/requirements that have an expiry date - for example, Medical Report has a 1-year expiry, IELTS has 2-years, WES has 5-years and PNP certificate has 6-months. If your application is still within the expiry date of each/all of your certificates or reports, then you get a "currently valid" status next to it.

So "criminal background" gets a "currently valid" status because the PCC may still be valid (not entirely sure what its validity duration is).

"Met": There are certain conditions/requirements that you need to fulfill or "meet" in order to be able to apply in the category that you've chosen. For example, you have to meet a minimum CRS score to qualify in the draw - so they check whether the score you claim is accurate or not. If they feel its accurate and that you meet the criteria set by them to be eligible for evaluation, then you get a "met" next to your eligibility status.

The most common example I can think of is with Work Experience - someone might claim to be working in a specific job-code for 6-years across 3-jobs, but the job duties on one of those jobs may not match the NOC code requirements - so those years won't be counted and the applicant may lose points. In some cases, they might lose enough points to become ineligible for their chosen immigration stream.

So the status messages mean exactly what they mean - valid means that "your documents are still valid and not expired" and met means that "your application meets the required baseline critieria."

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
Currently valid - Fully Passed,
I got a webform reply that security criminality eligibility and background checks were all valid. I called them yesterday and they said it means passed.

So just a one final review and PPR mail will be sent. I hope that helps

Reactions: hirumPK and dn3

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
Currently valid - Fully Passed,
I got a webform reply that security criminality eligibility and background checks were all valid. I called them yesterday and they said it means passed.

So just a one final review and PPR mail will be sent. I hope that helps
Yes, Valid, in some ways, does mean passed.

If you have a valid driver's license, it means you passed the test and it isn't expired. In the case of your passport, your passport cannot be "passed" - it can only be valid.

Its English. ;)

Reactions: nns14

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Yes, Valid, in some ways, does mean passed.

If you have a valid driver's license, it means you passed the test and it isn't expired. In the case of your passport, your passport cannot be "passed" - it can only be valid.

Its English. ;)
Right, but in this case, Valid means pass, since we are on a immigration forum, we will talk in that sense

Reactions: hirumPK

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
to conclude, Jraci is right. "Currently Valid" means "Passed" while "Met" means "Pass" but still awaiting a senior officer approval before it will be "Passed"
Wow! Thanks guys!!!

Here I was hoping that my PR application gets "approved" just like my OINP application. Now I know that it needs to get pass first and then passed. Hopefully it won't get failed (am I using the right term?).

Hopefully my application will get "pass" and a "passed" soon after... fingers crossed!

Who wants to meet eligibility criteria or have valid documents or get an approval for PR when they can get pass on eligibility criteria and get a passed on documents...

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I just got off phone with IRCC. The lady was nice and she asked all the formal questions to ensure I am the applicant. She later looked into my file and that everything I asked eligibility, crimality and security had been completed and waiting for approval to be sent out and she doesnt know when because they have limited staff at the moment. I asked about my file location, she checked again and she saidthe file is still in Halifax office. I asked if the file will be sent to Ottawa she checked again she said the file would be sent to Vancouver for my Copr since I am already in Canada and there wont be a need to send passport to Ottawa to reduce work load there and that I should just wait for the next instructions or email through my account.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just got a response from the webform which I raised last week:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

Reactions: hirumPK

Aksh202

Nov 9, 2019
Just got a response from the webform which I raised last week:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.
What are your timelines? Inland/Outland? PNP?

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
Today, I received GCMS notes I requested on 22.Mar.

Eligibility: Review required
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress

Primary VO: Ottawa
Secondary : Edmonton (what is the difference, anyone?)
*No trace of agents at Edmonton office though.

Two criteria of which the review was required were 1. proof of fund and 2. work experience. Funny thing, I have almost 5 years of work experience under NOC that I applied but one agent left a note saying I do not seem to have one year of continuous work experience for the primary NOC. Now, it looks like all of my work experiences at two different companies need a thorough review, twice, thrice, and so on.

Also, on the website, it says I don't need to prove my settlement funds if I have a valid job offer. In fact, I am currently working here so I am exempt from that requirement according to the website. Apparently, they still want to review it. I am canceling all of my installment saving accounts and updating my proof of fund.

To me, it looks like an agent just schemes through the application and raises review recommendations, and the next agent updates correcting seemingly misunderstanding notes or raising a new concern. It seems like they come back to the application once every two weeks.

So, I think it is worth ordering GCMS notes once a while to know where the application is and to update information ahead of time like me.

Timeline
AOR dec 19
Medical Jan 10
FSW-inland

Last edited:
Reactions: Ojay1

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Today, I received GCMS notes I requested on 22.Mar.

Eligibility: Review required
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress

Primary VO: Ottawa
Secondary : Edmonton (what is the difference, anyone?)
*No trace of agents at Edmonton office though.

Two criteria of which the review was required were 1. proof of fund and 2. work experience. Funny thing, I have almost 5 years of work experience under NOC that I applied but one agent left a note saying I do not seem to have one year of continuous work experience for the primary NOC. Now, it looks like all of my work experiences at two different companies need a thorough review, twice, thrice, and so on.

Also, on the website, it says I don't need to prove my settlement funds if I have a valid job offer. In fact, I am currently working here so I am exempt from that requirement according to the website. Apparently, they still want to review it. I am canceling all of my installment saving accounts and updating my proof of fund.

To me, it looks like an agent just schemes through the application and raises review recommendations, and the next agent updates correcting seemingly misunderstanding notes or raising a new concern. It seems like they come back to the application once every two weeks.

So, I think it is worth ordering GCMS notes once a while to know where the application is and to update information ahead of time like me.

Timeline
AOR dec 19
Medical Jan 10
FSW-inland
Please correct me if I’m wrong but as far as I know, only applicants of Canadian Experience Class can be waived for PoF with valid job offer. In your case, since you’re applying for Federal Skilled Worker stream, so you must have sufficient PoF. I believe that’s what I read from CIC EE website.

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
Please correct me if I’m wrong but as far as I know, only applicants of Canadian Experience Class can be waived for PoF with valid job offer. In your case, since you’re applying for Federal Skilled Worker stream, so you must have sufficient PoF. I believe that’s what I read from CIC EE website.
You are correct in that applicants applying under fsw or fst need to show their fund status but not for those who have both a valid job offer and a work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, "even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program" or the Federal Skilled Trades Program

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
You are correct in that applicants applying under fsw or fst need to show their fund status but not for those who have both a valid job offer and a work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, "even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program" or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Oh okay, thank you for your information.