Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
I cant find any article on IRCC website which says that they placed the EE application processing on hold. Some were getting GUs and very few got PPR. They for sure placed tourist applications on hold because it falls undeR non-essential travel. And besides they still issue ITAs.
Does the below article mean that they probably will give PPR too?

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/foreign-nationals-allowed-to-come-to-canada-for-work-despite-coronavirus-measures-0314000.html

Last edited:

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Im not too sure if you read it carefully. If it doesnt mention nor specify EE application or permanent residency application then it doesnt relate at all.
Was trying to say that if they will let work permit holders to come in they might as well give PPR and COPR too, so that new PR holders to come in too? it’s business as usual I guess in the immigration world. They are probably not denying entry to immigrants because of the current situation.

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
Permit holders still has access to the borders. Entry is just not open to non-essential travels. There are still reports of PPRs but too few. Massive lay offs going on and still expected and projected to rise. With companies closing and unemployment goes to the roofs, i believe immigration will be in a very controlled pace.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Permit holders still has access to the borders. Entry is just not open to non-essential travels. There are still reports of PPRs but too few. Massive lay offs going on and still expected and projected to rise. With companies closing and unemployment goes to the roofs, i believe immigration will be in a very controlled pace.
“In an earlier version of the ban, it appeared a number of people would not be allowed to travel to Canada if their permits were approved after March 18.

Now work permit holders, even those outside the U.S., are allowed to fly to Canada as long as they are not presenting coronavirus symptoms.”

Reactions: idlevise.mg42

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks Mate, I already ordered notes at the end of Feb and Mid of Mar. but as you know nothing comes back so far.... so ... let's see.... I will post it once received.
I just got my notes- ordered on Mar.23. it shows security is not started yet for sure. and I got review required on settlement funds.....which probably because it is too much than RICC required..... others are all good....

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
if you are tagged with RR on funds, does it tag your Eligibility as RR as well?

what does it says on your Eligibility?
that is new to me since what I saw is eligibility is passed in notes however fund is under review - fund is one of the criteria of eligibility. that is why webform replied eligibility is till in processing.

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
would you mind posting your gcms notes?
would you mind posting your gcms notes?
sorry I couldn't since I do not know how to post it. but what I posted are the exact words from GCMS. and nothing mentioned about the relation of eligibility and funds. all other items under eligibility such as FSW/EDUCATION...etc even funds are all valid but officer required review only on settlement funds...that's it...

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
sorry I couldn't since I do not know how to post it. but what I posted are the exact words from GCMS. and nothing mentioned about the relation of eligibility and funds. all other items under eligibility such as FSW/EDUCATION...etc even funds are all valid but officer required review only on settlement funds...that's it...
im just curious. my Eligibility is Met. agent over the phone says everything looks fine and nothing to worry about. i have more than double on required funds. well, i dont have dependents and no family - which i think matters and means i dont spend too much money.

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
im just curious. my Eligibility is Met. agent over the phone says everything looks fine and nothing to worry about. i have more than double on required funds. well, i dont have dependents and no family - which i think matters and means i dont spend too much money.
I am afraid mine is 20 time over the required funds...that's why I got it......and I am single as well. so...