+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
Does anybody know about the meaning of "Security Checking in processing"? does it mean security screening or just the normal check? how long does the normal check take? thank you very much!
I have checked with RICC via webform last week and got their reply:

eligibility: still in processing
criminality: passed
security: not initiated - which is weird since I called last time the agent told me it was on processing.

I am wondering why the eligibility is till under review as most of the candidates are recommend pass/passed.

really anxious about the progress here.....

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
I have checked with RICC via webform last week and got their reply:

eligibility: still in processing
criminality: passed
security: not initiated - which is weird since I called last time the agent told me it was on processing.

I am wondering why the eligibility is till under review as most of the candidates are recommend pass/passed.

really anxious about the progress here.....
Try to order GCMS but it'll take a while for you to get it but its a way to get a peace of mind on you eligibility. Don't worry too much on security - for as long as you arent a terrorist or a public/security threat.

Thanks for those who finally signed up and posted their timelines.

I'm also encouraging others to do the same.

Reactions: GRZ1011

GRZ1011

Jan 22, 2020
Try to order GCMS but it'll take a while for you to get it but its a way to get a peace of mind on you eligibility. Don't worry too much on security - for as long as you arent a terrorist or a public/security threat.

Thanks for those who finally signed up and posted their timelines.

I'm also encouraging others to do the same.
Thanks Mate, I already ordered notes at the end of Feb and Mid of Mar. but as you know nothing comes back so far.... so ... let's see.... I will post it once received.

rosemevy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Indian National, Applying from UAE
AOR - Dec 1
Med. Passed - Dec 19
Biometric done - Dec 22
After that no update....
but recently last week the message changed from
"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
To
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.”

I don’t know what it means.

all the best to everyone here to get your PR soon....
Even mine changed to this

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
This simply means that they will prioritize those who are close or beyond the normal processing time. We'll probably get our in june + delays.

Vergil

Aug 2, 2019
AOR - Dec 1
Med. Passed - Dec 19
Biometric done - Dec 22
After that no update....
"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
To
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.”

i just checked mine as well it has changed to this just like your i wonder if it has happened for everyone or it happens only to us i cheked my email and everywhere no adr or new messages i wonder too what this means

Sahul

Aug 21, 2019
i just checked mine as well it has changed to this just like your i wonder if it has happened for everyone or it happens only to us i cheked my email and everywhere no adr or new messages i wonder too what this means
Me too confused, let’s hope the best soon...

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
AOR - Dec 1
Med. Passed - Dec 19
Biometric done - Dec 22
After that no update....
To

It automatically changes to that after you passed 50% on your status bar. It does not mean anything. I'm at 70% and no GU/sign of PPR any time soon. Don't expect too much in this period of time.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Wonder if this will affect existing applications as well?

Canada hits pause button on immigration during pandemicBY BRIAN LILLEY

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: MAR 28, 2020

Immigration is on hold in Canada, for the time being, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

A federal government official confirms the immigration program is suspended while travel restrictions remain in place, but some wonder whether we might need to keep the program on pause a little longer.

The Trudeau government had set targets of 341,000 permanent residents in 2020 followed by increases to 351,000 in 2021 and 361,000 in 2022.

“Currently, only Canadian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate family are allowed to board flights to Canada or to enter through the Canada-US border,” said Kevin Lemkay, press secretary for Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino.

“Despite the current travel restrictions, IRCC continues to accept and process applications,” Lemkay said.

During the period where travel is restricted the department says that no application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation. Those applications will remain open even if normal timelines for submitting biometrics or a medical exam are not met.

The question now is how quickly immigration will resume after travel restrictions are lifted.

Conservative Immigration Critic Peter Kent, himself a naturalized Canadian, supports the government’s current move but wonders if immigration should be kept on pause if unemployment levels rise as high as expected.

In the last two weeks more than one million Canadians have applied for employment insurance and the government expects as many as 4 million people to apply for emergency benefits in coming weeks. A report from the Parliamentary Budget Officer estimates unemployment could hit 15% this year, triple what it was before the crisis.

“We don’t know what we will be able to do to redirect the unemployed coming out of the crisis,” Kent said.

Kent emphasized that he fully supports immigration as an economic benefit for Canada but said we will be dealing with a crippled economy and much higher than normal unemployment for some time after the crisis.

“We need a lot more people but right now, we need to pause,” Kent said.

blilley@postmedia.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thepost.on.ca/opinion/columnists/canada-hits-pause-button-on-immigration-during-pandemic/wcm/caa0506f-ed75-43ef-96ab-bc73f4d2da60/amp
I just hope this resumes soon

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
I just hope this resumes soon
I cant find any article on IRCC website which says that they placed the EE application processing on hold. Some were getting GUs and very few got PPR. They for sure placed tourist applications on hold because it falls undeR non-essential travel. And besides they still issue ITAs.