Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Guys So I sent CIC a webform and they replied with this:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The eligibility is valid as of January 15, 2020.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Is Ottawa one of the fast VO?
and What does "eligibility is valid" mean? I was told that's another term for met or passed! what do you guys think?
Give your timeline

RJP0191

Feb 6, 2020
CRS: 475
ITA: November 13, 2019
AOR: December 10, 2019
Medical Passed: December 24, 2019
Biometrics Submitted: December 30, 2019
Eligibility is valid usually means it passed that stage. What does it say in your profile for eligibility and BG?

Last edited:

gabriel900

Oct 16, 2019
Eligibility is valid usually means it passed that stage. What does it say in your profile for eligibility and BG?
Thanks ... it still says we are reviewing ... did not change at all
and background check is, your app is in progress
I did have a ghost update last month thu

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
@legalfalcon any idea is Background verification different from security and criminality. When I raised a webform on the status of my application I'm told that my criminality background is valid, security background has not been initiated and background verifications have been initiated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon any idea is Background verification different from security and criminality. When I raised a webform on the status of my application I'm told that my criminality background is valid, security background has not been initiated and background verifications have been initiated.
BGC = Criminality + info sharing + security.

The criminality is done along with the R10 where as he security is the last stage, after eligibility is passed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks so much. What is info sharing? @legalfalcon
The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:

• travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;

• the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;

• the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

Info sharing can be done with departments and agencies within Canada or with countries with which Canada has a agreement.

See https://www.canada.ca/.../policies.../agreements.html

Reactions: Mike@2019

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:

• travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;

• the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;

• the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

Info sharing can be done with departments and agencies within Canada or with countries with which Canada has a agreement.

See https://www.canada.ca/.../policies.../agreements.html
This is really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My Time Line:

AOR: 12/3

SCHEDULE A: 12/4

MEDICAL PASSED: 12/9

BIOMETRICS REQUEST: 12/9

BIOMETRICS DONE : 12/30

RPRF : 1/9

• We will send you a message when we start your background check.
FSW-OUTLAND, CRS - 478
Hi, please would you let me know the content of your RPRF letter? Your application is progressing well

June2020

Mar 1, 2020
Hi guys, any update fron your side?
My AOR is December 9, 2019
MEP Dec 21, 2019
Biometrics Jan 7, 2020
Eligibility met
Was asked to pay RPRF Jan 16, 2020
VO is Ottawa
After RPRF, I got no update at all.
My criminality is not passed yet..
I have seen mant people who already got criminality passed after 6 weeks or 2 months after AOR.
Should I be worried about my criminality that has not passed yet.
Based on the my information given above, when is the ideal PPR time for me?

Thanks all!