+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
When the travel restrictions are lifted, do you think they will prioritize November and December 2019 AOR when releasing COPR and request for passport? I am December 28 AOR, running 8 months of application and Medicals will expire by December 4, 2020. Do you think they will release COPR 1 month prior to medical expiry? I have also 3 months notice to resign with my job and that's another issues that i need to sort out when approval will be granted.. having stress headaches as to uncertainty of things..never know until when we're going to wait, maybe until early quarter of 2021 Lol
It's a really hopeless situation for applicants who submitted EAPR in late last 2019 since we have to wait for the lift of travel restriction. Had COVID-19 not happened this year, we might have landed this summer and have plenty of time to accommodate and seek for jobs. Now I have to admit that it's very likely that I will change my plan and move to Canada next year since I have known the winter in North America. How terrible it could be if there's a pandemic outbreak during the coldest time of the year, we could be all doomed! Besides, finding job during winter is much tougher, especially for newcomers.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
The current guidelines state:

1. The exemptions under the Orders do not apply to foreign nationals travelling for optional or discretionary purposes. The onus is on the foreign national to demonstrate the purpose of their travel.

For more information, consult: Non-optional and non-discretionary travel: COVID-19 program delivery

2. Restrictions overview
Restrictions vary depending on the foreign national’s point of departure. However, any COVID-19-symptomatic travellers will not be permitted to enter Canada.

Foreign nationals seeking to travel to Canada from any country other than the United States while the travel restrictions are in place need to satisfy government officials that

• they are covered by an exemption in the Orders (consult: Travel restriction exemptions for those Departing from a country other than the U.S.), and
  • they are travelling for a non-optional and non-discretionary purpose
Foreign nationals seeking to travel to Canada from the United States while the travel restrictions are in place need to satisfy government officials that

• they are travelling for a non-optional and non-discretionary purpose
For more information on travel restrictions affecting foreign nationals, consult:

If your read the above 2, there is room for you to travel.
Thanks for your kind response

Reactions: legalfalcon

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
It's a really hopeless situation for applicants who submitted EAPR in late last 2019 since we have to wait for the lift of travel restriction. Had COVID-19 not happened this year, we might have landed this summer and have plenty of time to accommodate and seek for jobs. Now I have to admit that it's very likely that I will change my plan and move to Canada next year since I have known the winter in North America. How terrible it could be if there's a pandemic outbreak during the coldest time of the year, we could be all doomed! Besides, finding job during winter is much tougher, especially for newcomers.

But the thing is what if they release COPR 1 month before medical expires? I'm aware that we can request IRCC and email them that we cannot travel immediately due to the pandemic but the thing is you must have a valid medicals and police certificates during their reassessment for 90 days. It's not easy to get these things due to the current situation and so we might as well pushed through with the travel if ever..so confused now whenever i think of this scenario..

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
But the thing is what if they release COPR 1 month before medical expires? I'm aware that we can request IRCC and email them that we cannot travel immediately due to the pandemic but the thing is you must have a valid medicals and police certificates during their reassessment for 90 days. It's not easy to get these things due to the current situation and so we might as well pushed through with the travel if ever..so confused now whenever i think of this scenario..
They could ask for either redoing medical checks or extending the valid medical result. I think it might vary case-by-case.

Reactions: Reach-Canada

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I recently send a webform to IRCC asking for the progress of my application and got the following response:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
I realised they didn't mention about eligibility like I had asked and sent another webform and got the following response:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

What does this mean? and just wondering what stage is my application based on the following responses. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JTPr

May 15, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hi! Sorry to bother you here but as you are the pro... Please can you kindly give some insights to the below situation of mine:
I am Inland CEC. My status has reached 100%
I was told over the phone:
- eligibility passed
- security passed
- criminality in process (i am not able to provide the PCC certificate from South Korea as I was told by the officials that it is against their law to provide that document to foreigners; I have enclosed my LOE to the immigration officer including the official reply from SK Consulate Toronto)

I was told over the webform:
-eligibility in process
-criminality in process

my question would be: Do you think CIC is still trying to maybe use the third party to verify my information or/and they are trying to figure out if i have committed any crime during the days I was in Korea as I have been their for a couple of times for shopping/travelling?
Do you think there is still the possibility being rejected by CIC as I can't provide that certificate though my process bar hits 100% already?

Thank you!!!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi! Sorry to bother you here but as you are the pro... Please can you kindly give some insights to the below situation of mine:
I am Inland CEC. My status has reached 100%
I was told over the phone:
- eligibility passed
- security passed
- criminality in process (i am not able to provide the PCC certificate from South Korea as I was told by the officials that it is against their law to provide that document to foreigners; I have enclosed my LOE to the immigration officer including the official reply from SK Consulate Toronto)

I was told over the webform:
-eligibility in process
-criminality in process

my question would be: Do you think CIC is still trying to maybe use the third party to verify my information or/and they are trying to figure out if i have committed any crime during the days I was in Korea as I have been their for a couple of times for shopping/travelling?
Do you think there is still the possibility being rejected by CIC as I can't provide that certificate though my process bar hits 100% already?

Thank you!!!!!
The MyCIC progress bar only show time elapsed and not the actual processing progress. If your eligibility is passed then the chances of a rejection are slim, as long as there are not criminality or security concerns. IRCC / CBSA / CSIS use a wide array of resources to verify information. What exactly is used is unknown. To read on how security is done see https://bit.ly/2DwF1CD

Reactions: Reach-Canada

JTPr

May 15, 2020
The MyCIC progress bar only show time elapsed and not the actual processing progress. If your eligibility is passed then the chances of a rejection are slim, as long as there are not criminality or security concerns. IRCC / CBSA / CSIS use a wide array of resources to verify information. What exactly is used is unknown. To read on how security is done see https://bit.ly/2DwF1CD
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
My only concern has been I am not able to provide the PCC from South Korea as they cannot provide it as it is against their law.
I was told the mid of June that my criminal check is pending due to that certificate...

Then later on through the communications with CIC agent I was just told my background verification is in process...

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Of a buddy:

Latest GCMS notes dated July 27 says:

Eligibility- recommend interview
Security- not started
Criminality- passed

What does recommend interview mean?
In the previous GCMS notes, eligibility was not started.

Score: 44X + 600

Outland
Timeline: 22 days remaining
NOI: 15 August
Submitted: 12 Sep
Assessment: 22 Oct
Decision in Progress: November 18
OINP Nomination: December 6
Notification from IRCC: December 6
Accepted nomination: December 6. CRS 10XX.
ITA accepted: Dec 11, 2019
AOR: December 24, 2019
Biometrics Invite: Dec 2020
Medical Passed: Jan 15, 2020

Awaiting PR:
VO: Accra, Africa

Reach-Canada

Aug 7, 2020
I requested for my notes on July 16th and now I haven't got mine yet.
I received my gcms notes within 2 weeks, ordered in mid july. I used getgcms. Till few months ago people used to wait atleast a month for the gcms notes buts it's much faster now.
Good luck !

Pnp NB
AOR Dec 15th 2019

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Of a buddy:

Latest GCMS notes dated July 27 says:

Eligibility- recommend interview
Security- not started
Criminality- passed

What does recommend interview mean?
In the previous GCMS notes, eligibility was not started.

Score: 44X + 600

Outland
Timeline: 22 days remaining
NOI: 15 August
Submitted: 12 Sep
Assessment: 22 Oct
Decision in Progress: November 18
OINP Nomination: December 6
Notification from IRCC: December 6
Accepted nomination: December 6. CRS 10XX.
ITA accepted: Dec 11, 2019
AOR: December 24, 2019
Biometrics Invite: Dec 2020
Medical Passed: Jan 15, 2020

Awaiting PR:
VO: Accra, Africa
Recommend interview means just that.

The case analyst is recommending the officer to interview the applicant. This is common with Accra Visa Office, when certain information cannot be verified.

As to why the analyst has recommended interview, you will have to look at note 1 in the GCMS notes or the notes by the case analyst or case processing agent. It is usually within the 4-5 last pages of the GCMS notes