+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Ahmedzu

Mar 8, 2019
Hello,

progress bar is completed , 2nd AOR from LVO on last Aug, there is no update since.

i ask IRCC query for my case and they came back with following :-

This application is currently undergoing background checks. Please note that these checks are conducted by partner agencies, we unfortunately have no control over how long they take to complete. Based on recent processing times, we would expect it may take 6 to 12 months, from the date these checks are initiated

so we are exceeded 12 Months now, should we expect next progress after one another ( 6 months- one year) ?

Reactions: ryester

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
App Received (Sydney): Dec 04, 2018 | AOR1: Jan 29, 2019 | SA letter: Feb 07, 2019 | Med request: Feb 19, 2019 | Med Passed: Mar5, 2019 | FT to NDVO: June, 2019 | AOR2: Oct 10, 2019 | Pre Arrival: Oct 16,2019| Decision Made: Dec 04,2019| PPR : Dec 09, 2019
We both have the same exact timeline !!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello,

progress bar is completed , 2nd AOR from LVO on last Aug, there is no update since.

i ask IRCC query for my case and they came back with following :-

This application is currently undergoing background checks. Please note that these checks are conducted by partner agencies, we unfortunately have no control over how long they take to complete. Based on recent processing times, we would expect it may take 6 to 12 months, from the date these checks are initiated

so we are exceeded 12 Months now, should we expect next progress after one another ( 6 months- one year) ?
same as our application, according to 2011 stats, security screen takes about 9-18 months...

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
thank you for the wishful thinking but no, not likely PPR soon as the applicant is under security screen which itself may take 9-18 months...:eek:
I'm guessing they send a pre-arrival letter when the eligibility passed, i.e. they believe the relationship is genuine. I have no confirmation, but that's just my feeling. And then depending on the security check one needs to wait for PPR from days to months after pre-arrival.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I'm guessing they send a pre-arrival letter when the eligibility passed, i.e. they believe the relationship is genuine. I have no confirmation, but that's just my feeling. And then depending on the security check one needs to wait for PPR from days to months after pre-arrival.
Yes, from what I see in GCMS notes, that is the case. They determine the relationship is genuine and then they send out Pre-Arrival. Now we have to wait for the result of SS.

Reactions: alaria

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
What u mean by stats 2011 ?

and shall i wait more 9 months as per ur comment???!
Every year, Auditor General of Canada will do a survey for all government department service time and make this report public. I could not find more recent audit result, but from the report in 2011, the security screen will generally take 9-18 months.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

Details are available here:
http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/english/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html

Some information from CBSA is available here
https://open.canada.ca/en/suggested-datasets/cbsa-immigration-security-screening-timeline-statistics

So for your question, you have 67% chance of being complete within 9 months and 19% chance of being complete over 18 months. Good luck.

Last edited:

gulrose

Jun 10, 2019
Hi.
I have a question... did anyone receive the pre-arrival services letter prior receiving the MR?
and how long after that you receive the medical request?
Thank you.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi.
I have a question... did anyone receive the pre-arrival services letter prior receiving the MR?
and how long after that you receive the medical request?
Thank you.
Each case is different and it is meaningless to ask "how long", "when" timeline based questions to compare others with yours.

Reactions: aby1098