+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Us too. Waiting waiting. Could be the destination VO is severely inundated or backlogged... OR could be a Bring Forward Date thing? (Our Visa Office is apparently in Mexico City) I see the trend for Mexico VO is that some aren't transferred for up to 5 months after initial receipt of application.

I am impatient. Our application is still sitting in Sydney. Why not just mail it?! I went to the MPs office today. Every day it sits there is puzzling to me.
The last 3 weeks were 0 visible progress after medicals passed; They won't mail off the application... I don't understand it. How hard is it to send it over to the VO? What is going on with Mexico VO o_O

PA GC Key still showing notes like...

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same here. What did your MP say? I am thinking of calling local mp office as well as ordering GCMS notes.

Creg

Mar 12, 2019
England
Do they send the biometrics/medical request to GCKey? Where do they send the file transfer email to?
In our case it was:

Sponsor: received Sponsor Approval in email and in separate email received file transfer to Mississauga.

Principal Applicant: got biometric request and medical in GCkey separately (but got email both times saying new message in GCkey account and to log in).

However I know others have had medical instructions directly in email, and other Principal Applicants have had the file transfer email. So don’t think anything is set in stone!

Good luck!

care13

Jun 10, 2018
Yes, for any place that the applicant stayed over 6 months, a police certificate is needed. In his case, he needs state police certificate from both Washington and New Mexico. He also needs certificate from RCMP.
The instructions say "Police Certificate: Please provide state level Police certificates for New Mexico and any state that you have resided in for 6 months or more."

I don't think we need it for Washington since it was over 11 years ago that he lived there, and he lived there from birth to the age of 12 (so therefore, he was a minor). We called the IRCC and the customer service representative agreed and said only for New Mexico. They said that they could also ask for an RCMP check at a later date, but for now it only applies to the US.

Since he's in Canada with me right now, we have to get what is called a Letter of Good Standing, and we have to get it notarized to prove the signatures on the form are truly from him. Then we're express shipping it to NM. We're planning to do it all today.

Reactions: ryester

Sami89

Feb 8, 2019
In our case it was:

Sponsor: received Sponsor Approval in email and in separate email received file transfer to Mississauga.

Principal Applicant: got biometric request and medical in GCkey separately (but got email both times saying new message in GCkey account and to log in).

However I know others have had medical instructions directly in email, and other Principal Applicants have had the file transfer email. So don’t think anything is set in stone!

Good luck!
This is exactly my case too.

Can you please share your timelines

Creg

Mar 12, 2019
England
This is exactly my case too.

Can you please share your timelines
My timeline is in my signature on every post. But I’m aussuming you can’t see it as you’re on mobile?

So here are our details:

Outland Common-Law
Principal Applicant: British
Sponsor: Canadian

Our timeline so far:

12 Dec 2018 | Application Sent via DHL from England

20 Dec 2018 | Application Received

15 Feb 2019 | AOR1 and linked on GCkey

22 Feb 2019 | Biometric Request

25 Feb 2019 | Medical Request

26 Feb 2019 | Sponsor Approval

07 Mar 2019 | Biometrics Completed

08 Mar 2019 | Transferred to Mississauga Visa Office

13 Mar 2019 | Medical showing as Passed

Ever since I linked to GCkey on 15th Feb 2019 it’s been saying eligibility and background check being processed.

sky2828

Feb 22, 2019
Us too. Waiting waiting. Could be the destination VO is severely inundated or backlogged... OR could be a Bring Forward Date thing? (Our Visa Office is apparently in Mexico City) I see the trend for Mexico VO is that some aren't transferred for up to 5 months after initial receipt of application.

I am impatient. Our application is still sitting in Sydney. Why not just mail it?! I went to the MPs office today. Every day it sits there is puzzling to me.
The last 3 weeks were 0 visible progress after medicals passed; They won't mail off the application... I don't understand it. How hard is it to send it over to the VO? What is going on with Mexico VO o_O

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
What did MP say? Is he helpful

Sami89

Feb 8, 2019
My timeline is in my signature on every post. But I’m aussuming you can’t see it as you’re on mobile?

So here are our details:

Outland Common-Law
Principal Applicant: British
Sponsor: Canadian

Our timeline so far:

12 Dec 2018 | Application Sent via DHL from England

20 Dec 2018 | Application Received

15 Feb 2019 | AOR1 and linked on GCkey

22 Feb 2019 | Biometric Request

25 Feb 2019 | Medical Request

26 Feb 2019 | Sponsor Approval

07 Mar 2019 | Biometrics Completed

08 Mar 2019 | Transferred to Mississauga Visa Office

13 Mar 2019 | Medical showing as Passed

Ever since I linked to GCkey on 15th Feb 2019 it’s been saying eligibility and background check being processed.
Yes i was on mobile.

Many thanks for sharing again.

I ll keep you posted if i also hear some thing from IRCC

Regards,

hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
ECAS update - permanent residence application status changed to DM this morning :) what a way to start my weekend

Good luck to everyone else - I have a feeling I am not going to be the only one today to receive DM

Next step PPR - can’t wait

This is the best thing ever

hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
Same situation - no updates

Couple of applicants from Novmeber who had their files transferred to CPC-M on feb 14, received DM or PPR on March 08. Around the 100 day mark. Not sure how accurate the timelines are but I wouldn’t mind receiving PPR in 100 days.

Who knows we could get DM or PPR by end of this month or 1st week of April.

I have a feeling they will be rolled out on a Friday.
I guess I sent a really strong message to the universe couple of weeks ago

I received DM today wooohoooooo

My application was received on December 13 and it is exactly 100 days to March 22 and 99 days if you don’t include March 22

And to top that it is also a Friday :) - just as I hoped for in my previous post

With the way things are going for me - I hope to win the lottery tomorrow -

#believe

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019

It's must be realllllly frustrating to have to watch so many people be sent to CPC-M and be literally done already when you're in this situation, especially considering you're expecting. I haven't seen any transfers at all to Mexico lately though, have you? (I expect you already know about the Mexico office thread, so maybe you've noticed there.) If you're not seeing any transfers there then I imagine you're all going in one batch. They seriously need to open a second VO for South and Central American applicants, as it sounds like Mexico is backlogged beyond!

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Fingercrossed04

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey guys!
My app got transferred to CPM-M feb 27. Also passed the medical exam. This is what it says in my GCKEY Accnt. In ECAS i dont have updates if they started processing my permanent residency application. What does this mean?
“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys!
My app got transferred to CPM-M feb 27. Also passed the medical exam. This is what it says in my GCKEY Accnt. In ECAS i dont have updates if they started processing my permanent residency application. What does this mean?
“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”
It means literally what it says:D I guess your real question is how long it takes ..... Seriously, nobody really knows. But your application is in CPC-M, so it should be significantly quicker than most of others.

Reactions: svilli and schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Taking it as a waiting game, if you are impatient, you lose the game :D

Reactions: Teepayne

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
It means literally what it says:D I guess your real question is how long it takes ..... Seriously, nobody really knows. But your application is in CPC-M, so it should be significantly quicker than most of others.
I have asked this question before as well but no one had a valid response. What if the app isn’t yet transferred but Background check on GCKEY says we started processing.... ?