+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Agreed -- I would assume it's going directly to NDVO. I don't have a great sense of how they're sorting the Indian applicants, but it does seem like a certain small number are not going to Mississauga at all but are instead going straight to NDVO (I'm guessing this is the same situation for @vinothku?). Perhaps this really is simply a matter of taking workload off of VOs -- they still do send some there, but it's just 1 out of every 5 (or whatever). I would hope that this means NDVO becomes faster too and therefore you guys make up some of the delay later. I can imagine it must be frustrating to see so many people flying through CPC-M while you're still waiting for that dang transfer!
Yes, that is my case as well. It is incredibly frustrating, but we cannot do much about it.

care13

Jun 10, 2018
Am I understanding correctly that you included an FBI fingerprint check with your original application? I would think that would cover all states?

In any case, I believe you would only need NM as he hasn’t lived in WA for 6+ months since the age of 18. Also this wouldn’t include RCMP checks, they would ask for that directly.

My spouse is American and we submitted an FBI fingerprint check with the original application -- we haven't been asked for any additional US checks thus far. He has previously lived in both WA and CA, but we haven't been asked for any state-level checks in addition to the FBI scan... I would think a federal level fingerprint check would also cover all state records?
Thanks for the reply. To confirm, we did submit the FBI check and the fingerprints with the application. We also don't really understand why they're issuing it since he has no criminal history whatsoever. You would think an FBI check trumps a state-level check, but perhaps not. It could just be that there's someone in his state with the same first/last name who has a criminal history? Not sure. His last name is pretty popular. I called the IRCC customer service line and they said everything you did. We're only doing a New Mexico police check since that's the only state he's lived in since turning 18. We'll see if they also issue an RCMP check at a later date.

Good luck with your application! What date was your application first received and what step are you on?

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
@schweisy have you recieved your AOR2 yet or heard anything from Vienna. I still haven't heard anything since i got the letter from Sydney that they have transferred it to VO over a week now. How long does it normally take between receive letter of transfer and AOR2 and when should you be concerned.

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hey friends,

Does anyone know when in the process "We are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements" changes?

i.e. does the PA at some point "pass eligibility" while the background check is still in process? Or do eligibility and background go hand in hand?

Thanks for any wisdom...

Reactions: RikkiSt

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
So what happens if someone gets biometrics or medical request when they are on a holiday for two weeks and are in a country that is different from where they reside in? Also, do you need to take any other document apart from your passport when you go for biometrics or medical exam?

Creg

Mar 12, 2019
England
So what happens if someone gets biometrics or medical request when they are on a holiday for two weeks and are in a country that is different from where they reside in? Also, do you need to take any other document apart from your passport when you go for biometrics or medical exam?
You can go to any medical office on the list of physicians: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx Just make sure they speak the lanague you require.

Biometrics you can also go to any office on the Canadian last: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

You need to take your passport and the documents that are emailed to you/on GCkey. So just find an Internet cafe etc to print these out if you’re abroad.

You could of course just wait until you come home, and while on holiday book your appointments for your home country.

So if you’re abroad, it’s pretty easy, as long as you have medical and biometric places in those places. So check the lists.

Reactions: svilli and garbimba

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hey friends,

Does anyone know when in the process "We are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements" changes?

i.e. does the PA at some point "pass eligibility" while the background check is still in process? Or do eligibility and background go hand in hand?

Thanks for any wisdom...
No, as they say, BCG is also kind of part of eligibility. I believe your eligibility status will change only after decision made.

Reactions: ryester

Matt007

Dec 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
ECAS status changed to decision made and "we started processing your application on March 20". I`m assuming it`s SA and hopefully the SA mail will come soon.

Reactions: svilli

Ab89

Aug 4, 2017
ECAS status changed to decision made and "we started processing your application on March 20". I`m assuming it`s SA and hopefully the SA mail will come soon.
Is it from sponsor side or PA side ? Decision made ? If it’s sponsor side it would be for SA should say started processing your application since date of AOR1 .

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
@schweisy have you recieved your AOR2 yet or heard anything from Vienna. I still haven't heard anything since i got the letter from Sydney that they have transferred it to VO over a week now. How long does it normally take between receive letter of transfer and AOR2 and when should you be concerned.
From everything I have read, Vienna almost never sends out the AOR2 email these days :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I just signed in to eCAS, though, and we now have the line 2 on PA side that says "We started processing your application on March 20, 2019" (woohoo). That is almost certainly the closest we'll get to an AOR2 from Vienna. Since we're on a very similar timeline, I'd suggest you sign in and check too! :)

Reactions: smomen

Matt007

Dec 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Is it from sponsor side or PA side ? Decision made ? If it’s sponsor side it would be for SA should say started processing your application since date of AOR1 .
Should definitely be sponsor side, however things are not perfect when it comes to updates made by ircc. I noticed in ECAS that they added the processing start date as line 2(earlier it was medical request at line 2). So I`m assuming the DM status corresponds to SA. This is a little confusing as few people have already got their SA email in Feb and whether DM could mean the same thing for them.