+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
How long does MEP normally take? I submitted mine through web form (since I already had it done for Express Entry last month).

Also, why didn't I get ask for biometrics? I am a US citizen and resident.

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
Also, there's been a line added to my application status (in bold):

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
Does this mean anything in particular? Any kind of status update? I'm just waiting on MEP still.

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
So, we officially got our "Medical exam passed"

Now I guess we wait :) I'm really hoping the Vienna office isn't slow...because from what I can see in the trackers there are only a handful of applications that have been going there over the past few months.

Good luck everyone!

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019

Now I guess we wait :) I'm really hoping the Vienna office isn't slow...because from what I can see in the trackers there are only a handful of applications that have been going there over the past few months.

Good luck everyone!
Hooray for another Vienna applicant! That makes three of us who were transferred there on Mar 11. You're right, it's so hard to estimate how long things are taking there lately, as there aren't many Vienna applicants on the trackers in the first place and then of those a lot of them don't update all the way through to the end of the process. Fingers crossed that we're processed quickly and don't have to just sit and watch all the CPC-M people fly by us here! :)

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018
Yeah just noticed that as well (unable to open links on CIC login).

Hope that's the reason they haven't updated the medical results yet. It's been 8 days since it was completed but nothing has changed online.
I really hope so too.

I hope so too, but they said it will be updated soon.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! No guess work here, we all wait:p

helen86

Nov 6, 2018
Hi wondering if anyone can help me with the letter I just received through GCKey -
Client Information: Please include details regarding when you plan to return to Canada to resume residence and where you plan to live when you return. Additionally, please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency. This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/13

It also says FINAL REMINDER in highlighted letters but I have never received any other requests for this? We are moving to canada at the end of the year as soon as residency is approved but we are staying with my inlaws for 6 months and we provided statements from them to this effect in our application. Dont know what else we can do to meet this requirement? Anyone had similar?

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi wondering if anyone can help me with the letter I just received through GCKey -
Client Information: Please include details regarding when you plan to return to Canada to resume residence and where you plan to live when you return. Additionally, please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency. This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/13

It also says FINAL REMINDER in highlighted letters but I have never received any other requests for this? We are moving to canada at the end of the year as soon as residency is approved but we are staying with my inlaws for 6 months and we provided statements from them to this effect in our application. Dont know what else we can do to meet this requirement? Anyone had similar?
Some questions:
1. Are you the PA and an Inland applicant travelling out of Country?
2. How long have you been out of Canada ?
3. Did you check your spam for messages to see if there were other messages??

You could prebook flight ticket and show that as proof. May be fund transfer to Canadian bank account (locked to GIC) showing your commitment to staying in Canada. May be advance some money on a house. Get employment referrals if you can.

May be other members can add or modify the list.

KristenTH

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

If you search previous threads you’ll find lots of good examples! Many people have been in this situation, myself included!

Do you have any children? You can show research into schools/contact with schools. Even though you are living with parents, you can show that you’ve researched housing where you want to settle, whether it’s getting in contact with a real estate agent for the “near future”. Showing you have a “plan” for when you settle in Canada, like what gym you plan to join or researching phone companies, car insurance plans. Another big one is severing ties where you live, I’ve seen a case where CIC actually ask to see proof that you have / will quit job, whether it’s a letter from your employer saying they are aware you are leaving. Also job hunts. Show evidence of researching job market, maybe you sign up with “indeed.ca” and show you get emails/ correspondence about jobs.

Lol that’s a lot, and not nearly inclusive. So many things! I even sent them quotes and discussions with airplanes to relocate my dog when we move back.

Reactions: schweisy