14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Reactions: dibyapal and JoshC

ATaxPayer

Aug 28, 2018
Your application is at Medical Passed stage. If you don't get email from IRCC saying your application is transferred to another VO for further processing, that is going to happen next in the process. After that happens, they may require additional documents from the applicant, and start background check etc.
Oh I see. They asked us to pay the biometric fee shortly after we linked the application. So I assume that they will ask for the biometrics soon before they send it to the V.O? Also, they asked us for an updated police certificate (the first one I sent was a physical copy, and reached 6 months maturity). The new one we simply scanned it and uploaded it to the GCKEY account. Is this an acceptable method? On the list it says to provide an "original copy", but on the request it said to preferably upload it.

Any insights?

and thank you for all the previous information, really appreciate it.

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
@schweisy did your husband get his medical done if so have you heard anything back? My wife did hers on feb 28 and got a letter from ircc on march 4 that they have recieved it but still havent heard if she passed the test. Is the date they recieved suppose to reflect on GCkey ? Or just when tests are passed or not.

P.s. My Visa Office is also Vienna

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Appl Received Dec 17th
AOR FEB9
Medical Request feb19
Medical Done Feb 28(PA INDIA)
Progress bar/Medical Received/medical passed. March 6
but still i did not receive any Letter (SA) may be because of any mail delay i guess
"
Below is my ECAS
  1. We received your application to sponsor ************ on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2019 about the decision on your application."
  1. We received ********* application for permanent residence on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent ********** medical instructions on February 20, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
you will receive it in couple of days

Reactions: ryester

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
@schweisy did your husband get his medical done if so have you heard anything back? My wife did hers on feb 28 and got a letter from ircc on march 4 that they have recieved it but still havent heard if she passed the test. Is the date they recieved suppose to reflect on GCkey ? Or just when tests are passed or not.

P.s. My Visa Office is also Vienna
GCkey will update passed or not .

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
They don't work on your file continuously. It's in stages, and they assign BFD at all stages. For example, they request the medical, and would assign a BFD for 30 days. They don't look at your file until that date is flagged to them - they work on other apps. So for example, maybe your file is marked ready for transfer but it's been assigned a BFD - they may not revisit your file until that bring forward date comes, and then transfer it. That's a huge part of why there's so many delays.
Very interesting and explains a lot, especially why the CIC agent told me my file has been assigned for transfer to VO Mexico (he could see that on his end) yet why I had yet to receive any further correspondence or "AOR2"

Thank you!
After the call today I am much more relaxed. (And focused on getting the correct police-check uploaded via webform next week) :rolleyes: Thanks to this forum, I noticed my silly mistake before they have had a chance to request the proper form from me. (Maybe saving me some time when it comes to background check stage!!!!) ;) The CIC call centre agent agreed I should proactively get the proper document and not wait for them to request it, in this case!

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Including those photos, bills, leases etc.? They scan those documents and store them digitally?
The CIC agent today told me, that they do NOT necessarily forward all parts of your application to the receiving VO. (They might, but they might not).

The protocol, he explained was to forward information pertaining to the PA. So, PAs documents, info, ID, family info etc. He said obviously all required forms and government certificates go to the VO.

We got talking about this because I asked if I qualify for "urgent processing" since I am due to have baby in May. He said, no, but that to ensure VO has all details about my situation, maybe I might want to forward my medical situation with my reference letter and MP's letter to the VO to ensure they 'have the full picture'. He said it is no guarantee that doing so would influence anything and applications still process in order, on case by case basis.

The agent informed me if there are mitigating circumstances for the sponsor, let's say Sponsor has a job offer or in my case, pregnancy, it does not hurt to send the VO a copy of that medical info. When assigned to Mexico VO, I "may" want to pop them an email with my application # + UCI and include my letter/ reference letters of utmost importance (like from my MP), doctor's letter or (sponsor's) medical results - baby's due date. He said this can or cannot have an affect and the reason being is those things aren't always forwarded on.

It is no guarantee that supporting items other than essential info for the PA are sent along with your file to the VO. The CIC agent on the phone today said Canada does hold some of the info that they use in the initial process. He did say: "Documents used to determine eligibility of the sponsor like bank and work info, photocopied pages of sponsor passport, work history, my bills, sponsor ID, lease agreement, bank info, etc, is a good chunk of it that does not need to get forwarded on", since sponsor eligibility is determined.

If some 'frivolous piece' of the application outside of official documentation or relation to the PA may be of importance in the case from the sponsor's side, by all means drop a line to the VO referencing your case. I thought this was a really interesting piece of advice. It is not a guarantee to say the initial office forwards things like reference letters, job offers or sponsor's pregnancy results to the VO.

Last edited:

Betty2019

Jan 30, 2019
does anyone did the bio-metric, when they request this process is this before the final decision or in the start of the process. and is this after they send the file to VO or before. they only request me to pay the bio fees but no instruction yet regarding when and how to do it. The file is sent to VO ANKARA, Turkey. does any one is having the same VO.