+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
ECAS PR
1. We received PA's application for permanent residence on December 6, 2018.
2. We sent PA correspondence acknowledging receipt of PA's application(s) on February 25, 2019.
3. We started processing PA's application on February 22, 2019.
4. We sent PA correspondence on February 13, 2019. If PA has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have PA do so as soon as possible. Please wait until PA receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent PA a letter on February 25, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Does a BR letter have a date inside it?

Looks like #4 line is for BR and #5 is for AOR2.

But yesterday I got AOR1 and BR via GCkey
Why did you get AOR1 just yesterday? Or before you'd got it by email and yesterday you found it attached to GCKey?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Does a BR letter have a date inside it?

Looks like #4 line is for BR and #5 is for AOR2.

Why did you get AOR1 just yesterday? Or before you'd got it by email and yesterday you found it attached to GCKey?

My BR line in ECAS looks identical to line 5 in @svilli ECAS.

Line 2 is AOR2 for sure as they acknowledge the receipt of the application at the local visa office. Much like the initial AOR1 the date they began processing can fall days before you receive the acknowledgement as shown in line 3.

@svilli was that a typo about receiving AOR1 today, I’m presuming you meant AOR2 as you’ve got that in your profile as today too.

Reactions: svilli

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
My BR line in ECAS looks identical to line 5 in @svilli ECAS.

Line 2 is AOR2 for sure as they acknowledge the receipt of the application at the local visa office. Much like the initial AOR1 the date they began processing can fall days before you receive the acknowledgement as shown in line 3.

@svilli was that a typo about receiving AOR1 today, I’m presuming you meant AOR2 as you’ve got that in your profile as today too.
You're right about #2, sorry.

Reactions: JoshC

3ponceboy

Dec 31, 2018
Hello guys! thank you! I received the SA today!!!

Sponsor is in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant is in USA

Application Received : December 24, 2018.
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): February 19, 2019.
Sponsor Approval (SA): February, 26 2019

My sponsor received email, no status change in Gckey (still saying processing), ECAS said decision made.
anyone with the CAQ documents translate to english or guide how to fill them in english? I know french but feel more comfortable with english

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Friends, could you please let me know what is wtritten in your AORs?

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on YYYY/MM/DD

or

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on YYYY/MM/DD on behalf of the following member(s):
xxxxxx XXXXXX

got my new AOR and it has first wording o_O
Can your #4 line be about this letter? Because your first AOR of February 2 was with a wrong application number if I remember correctly.

Reactions: svilli and JoshC

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi Folks,

Could you please explain to me what do you mean by:
  • AOR 1
  • AOR 2
  • SA
  • SA letter
  • VO
Thanks
Betty
  • AOR 1 - Acknowledgement of receipt. This is the first step and confirms that CIC have your application and have confirmed that everything is present from the document checklist.
  • AOR 2 - Acknowledgement of receipt from your local visa office. This means the applicant is now being assessed for eligibility and background checks.
  • SA - Sponsorship approval.
  • SA letter - The letter in which sponsorship approval comes in.
  • VO - Visa Office.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Folks,

Could you please explain to me what do you mean by:
  • AOR 1
  • AOR 2
  • SA
  • SA letter
  • VO
Thanks
Betty
AOR1 is acknowledgment of receipt. You're getting this letter when CIC first time open your application and start working on it. Usually, almost always it means your application will not be returned to you because of some missing forms.

AOR2 is acknowledgment of receipt by Visa Office. It is the second stage of the application. When your application is transferred to a Visa Office responsible for your country, it will send you AOR2.

VO - that Visa Office I mentioned above.
SA - sponsor approval.
SA letter - an email confirming SA.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
  • AOR 1 - Acknowledgement of receipt. This is the first step and confirms that CIC have your application and have confirmed that everything is present from the document checklist.
  • AOR 2 - Acknowledgement of receipt from your local visa office. This means the applicant is now being assessed for eligibility and background checks.
  • SA - Sponsorship approval.
  • SA letter - The letter in which sponsorship approval comes in.
  • VO - Visa Office.
Simultaneously :D:D

Reactions: JoshC

Betty2019

Jan 30, 2019
AOR1 is acknowledgment of receipt. You're getting this letter when CIC first time open your application and start working on it. Usually, almost always it means your application will not be returned to you because of some missing forms.

AOR2 is acknowledgment of receipt by Visa Office. It is the second stage of the application. When your application is transferred to a Visa Office responsible for your country, it will send you AOR2.

VO - that Visa Office I mentioned above.
SA - sponsor approval.
SA letter - an email confirming SA.
Thanks so much for your reply.
So SA - Sponsor approval email is the email where they say you are eligible for to be a sponsor; is that right?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello guys! thank you! I received the SA today!!!

Sponsor is in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant is in USA

Application Received : December 24, 2018.
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): February 19, 2019.
Sponsor Approval (SA): February, 26 2019

My sponsor received email, no status change in Gckey (still saying processing), ECAS said decision made.
anyone with the CAQ documents translate to english or guide how to fill them in english? I know french but feel more comfortable with english
hey your sponsor should translate it for you;)

I am sure someone like @svilli will help you out here. Congratulations!

JessP

Feb 17, 2019
Ok guys I am posting this same for the third time need help.
Application submitted - 5th december 2018

Application processing started -31st January 2019

Aor received- 1st feburary 2019

It's been about 25 days I have not received SA.
I am planning to call CIC on Wednesday, if I don't hear anything from them
Just wondering what exactly should I ask them ?

PS - cic has PA's biometric already as they were linked to here UCI.

Thank you in advance
Well consider yourself lucky... I submitted the papers 8 Oct. The courier said it was delivered 10 and so far we didn't even receive the AOR