+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
My PA just got an email with a letter attached asking for biometric fees again...we already submitted this and received confirmation of receipt. Which is beyond annoying.

Has this happened to anyone?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Can you explain a little bit on the web form and how it is used and by whom and where it can be found. I still haven't got my SA yet so i'm just placing my self in different circumstances in advance if it comes to that. I am trying to understand both parts of the application from both perspective since my wife (PR) doesn't speak english and isn't very computer savvy. So just seeing how i would communicate if need be from both parties perspective
Hi! The web form is the following http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Click "Tell us more", fill out required parameters, and then write your enquiry. If you're asking about SA, I believe you need to fill out sponsor's info in the form. If it's about PA application, fill out PA's info. I have a feeling if you ask about PA filling out sponsor's personal data, you can get a response that "we didn't find that you are a representative of your primary applicant", something like that.

So since your wife doesn't speak English, you can do it on your own, just "pretend" to be her :) I mean don't tell them you're a sponsor asking about her application. But you're gonna ask about SA anyway, so it's totally your (sponsor's) part.

Or you can always call CIC directly. I could see here many people got updates just by calling to a call centre.

Can you remind us please your timeline, and what is your status on eCAS now?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
My PA just got an email with a letter attached asking for biometric fees again...we already submitted this and received confirmation of receipt. Which is beyond annoying.

Has this happened to anyone?
In your case the fastest way would be to call CIC and ask what they want. It might be a processing mistake or something. How does your confirmation of receipt look like?

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
In your case the fastest way would be to call CIC and ask what they want. It might be a processing mistake or something. How does your confirmation of receipt look like?
what's the trick to calling them....aka what numbers, because i can't handle their super long phone menus. and i never end up with a rep :(

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I would recommend members in this thread to put their timelines for the application such as AOR, SA, MR etc. on their signatures so that other members will see without asking about the timeline questions. It will benefit the whole group.

Reactions: svilli and alaria

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
what's the trick to calling them....aka what numbers, because i can't handle their super long phone menus. and i never end up with a rep :(
The biggest trick is being patient. If you are lucky to be put on queue, you just need to wait to be connected. I tried twice but was even unable to get into the queue. :)

Reactions: svilli

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
You can always use the web form as well (please see my reply above on this page). It's not that fast, you will have to wait around 5 (maybe?..) business days to get a reply. You can explain the situation, attach the receipt again, attach the letter where they ask you to pay biometric the second time, explain everything. And in a week or so you will probably get a reply from them either confirming it was their mistake, or they will explain to you what they want.

Reactions: schweisy

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
You can always use the web form as well (please see my reply above on this page). It's not that fast, you will have to wait around 5 (maybe?..) business days to get a reply. You can explain the situation, attach the receipt again, attach the letter where they ask you to pay biometric the second time, explain everything. And in a week or so you will probably get a reply from them either confirming it was their mistake, or they will explain to you what they want.
right, but again what's the number. and what options in what order get me to a live person?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
right, but again what's the number. and what options in what order get me to a live person?
+ 1 888 242 2100 whilst in Canada. +1 613 944 4000 whilst outside Canada.

The menu options are pretty straight forward, if I remember correctly.

Thursdays and Fridays are the best days to call.

Edit: just called the number to check the menu options:

It’s 2-1-1-0. I just got through to the queue with a 24 minute wait so give them a call now. Also, there’s a load of speel at the start, let the auto message play and it’ll ask for the menu options. Good luck.

Last edited:

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hey guys my wife (PR) just recieved an email with a PDf attachment. Is this the SA that should have came to me the sponsor? The overview of the email is:

"This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence that you submitted to this office. Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records."

If this is the SA shiuldnt it come to me the Sponsor?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys my wife (PR) just recieved an email with a PDf attachment. Is this the SA that should have came to me the sponsor? The overview of the email is:

"This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence that you submitted to this office. Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records."

It depends on who's email you put on your IMM00008 Form (the general application). If hers is written there, than all correspondence will go to her. However if its your email that you guys selected, then yes, it should be coming to you.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018

But what's inside the attachment? What does it say?

Reactions: schweisy

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Reactions: svilli and Imjennah

alaria

Apr 17, 2018

Man, it's hard to help not knowing the details. If you can share what your timeline is, what your eCAS says, and what is inside the attachment, people here can give you much better advice.

Reactions: svilli and ryester

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
+ 1 888 242 2100 whilst in Canada. +1 613 944 4000 whilst outside Canada.

The menu options are pretty straight forward, if I remember correctly.

Thursdays and Fridays are the best days to call.

Edit: just called the number to check the menu options:

It’s 2-1-1-0. I just got through to the queue with a 24 minute wait so give them a call now. Also, there’s a load of speel at the start, let the auto message play and it’ll ask for the menu options. Good luck.

Got a hold of them. The wait really wasn't too bad. And they confirmed that they did in fact receive the payment and the letter we got was more than likely a human error.

Thanks for the help everyone!