+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hi aby1098,

First of thanks for always taking the time to reply. Second, what is the reason for carrying the form. Does the physician upload the form and the medical report to cic? Is anything required from the principle applicant once they have done their medical exams ?
These are requirement from the hospital where my spouse doing the medical.
  • Original passport with 3 photocopies
  • 4 passport size photographs
  • IME letter
The IME. letter pr IM1017 is sent to you by CIC and you have take the printouts with you while going for the Medicals.

Reactions: Xipijeta

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
hi all we have received file number for my wife sponsorship application but we have been unable to link application to gckey. tried everything, nothing works. please help

Vipsteen

Dec 18, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
FAM
hi all we have received file number for my wife sponsorship application but we have been unable to link application to gckey. tried everything, nothing works. please help
I just got my AOR, my timeline is the same as yours. This procedure worked for me.

Creating & Linking a Account & Application
There are only 5 attempts allowed everyday to Link an Application after which the account is locked for 24 hours
1. Press Link application to this Account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
3. First Name, Last Name & DOB - Fill PA's details here
OR
3. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
4. Select one of two options next: Place of Birth or Passport Details
5. Fill PA's info for the option you selected above and not both at the same time
6. Put the Details of the City where the PA plans to reside after getting PR, this info should match with what you put in form IMM0008
7. Put Marital Status as Married
8. Put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)
NOTE: Sometimes putting MARITAL STATUS as SINGLE also works.

Dec 4, 2018
The answer would be it Depends
Sometimes they keep working on your case and send the SA before sending it to the VO. If they are unsure of certain things they might also send it to the VO and send the SA later. If you dont get any update in the next 5-6 days, just call them and they will update you about where your file is.
Medicals for applicant are requested before SA? I was under the impression that after SA medicals would be requested from the applicant. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, when would the background check for the applicant happen?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Medicals for applicant are requested before SA? I was under the impression that after SA medicals would be requested from the applicant. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Medicals in general should be requested after SA, because SA is the very first stage. For some people here medicals request goes weeks after SA, for some - the same day.

Also, when would the background check for the applicant happen?
We don't know. The status in GCKey can start reflecting "background check is in pogress" at any moment. It can be even before medicals request, or it can be months after an application is sent to a VO.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Yes my sponsor is in Canada, I was in Canada before I stay there for 2 years before I came back . My wife is sponsoring me now to come back .

New update on my Aplication,
medical results have been received .

What is the next step on my Aplication?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
New update on my Aplication,
medical results have been received .

What is the next step on my Aplication?
Your application will be moved to your local VO, or if you're lucky Mississauga - you'll get an email confirming this.

Once they start processing it you'll receive AOR2 and ECAS will update.

Reactions: schweisy

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Question,

How does the principle applicant communicate with cic or their Visa office in terms of if they request any additional documents. Does the sponsor upload the document, requested from the PR by cic or visa office, and submit through GCKEY? Or the visa office has no relation with the GCKEY account?

Correct me if I'm wrong and help me differentiate the two and how they relate to the Sponsor and Principle Applicant.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Question,

How does the principle applicant communicate with cic or their Visa office in terms of if they request any additional documents. Does the sponsor upload the document, requested from the PR by cic or visa office, and submit through GCKEY? Or the visa office has no relation with the GCKEY account?

Correct me if I'm wrong and help me differentiate the two and how they relate to the Sponsor and Principle Applicant.
Once you've got SA everything will be PA based. I believe for certain docs they may request them via GCKEY and provide an upload link. However, in other cases, they'll request that the documents are sent via the web form.

Reactions: Xipijeta

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Once you've got SA everything will be PA based. I believe for certain docs they may request them via GCKEY and provide an upload link. However, in other cases, they'll request that the documents are sent via the web form.
Can you explain a little bit on the web form and how it is used and by whom and where it can be found. I still haven't got my SA yet so i'm just placing my self in different circumstances in advance if it comes to that. I am trying to understand both parts of the application from both perspective since my wife (PR) doesn't speak english and isn't very computer savvy. So just seeing how i would communicate if need be from both parties perspective