+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

lchaleleng

Sep 6, 2018
Great

What was the reason ?
PA is from the Philippines and there are two types of Police clearance and I submitted the wrong one. Kind of frustrating because some people didn't even submit one and were asked to send it as addtional document rather than sending the whole application back to them. Oh well Im just glad now that my application has moved :)

Charisse13

Jan 30, 2019
Philippines
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
Dec. 21, 2018
PA is from the Philippines and there are two types of Police clearance and I submitted the wrong one. Kind of frustrating because some people didn't even submit one and were asked to send it as addtional document rather than sending the whole application back to them. Oh well Im just glad now that my application has moved :)
Hi! Can i ask what police clearance did you submit?
PA is from the philippines too..

lchaleleng

Sep 6, 2018
I submitted a regular police clearance po not the NBI one. Some people got away with it and was asked to send it nalang. It really depends on the officer.

Charisse13

Jan 30, 2019
Philippines
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
Dec. 21, 2018
I submitted a regular police clearance po not the NBI one. Some people got away with it and was asked to send it nalang. It really depends on the officer.
Okay. Good thing we submitted an NBI clearance. Our application was received Dec. 21, 2018 and still nothing from CIC.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Its interesting to see that the average time for SA was 112 days in sep, 98 in Oct, 81 in Nov and 66 for Dec (as of now). Fingers crossed , the pace remains good.
Yeah, I checked that file as well, all months back to June, and I can see the trend. For those who applied in June, the average time for AOR was about 30-45 days. But starting July it sharply increased to around 90-120 days, which is 3-4 months. I can see the only reason here: in July 2018 IRCC changed a case processing centre for outland applications to Syndey, NS. And I can guess that due to some internal IRCC processes they got a pile of applications and they had to clear them up. That's probably why it took them so long. And now it looks like they're speeding up more and more, cutting around 10 days of waiting every month. That's a positive trend for sure!

Reactions: schweisy and svilli

helen86

Nov 6, 2018
Just checked ECAS as my husband (sponsor) and it says decision made :) I assume that means SA. Also when I log in to GCKey it now says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements instead of we havent started reviewing your eligability or whatever the previous message was. Still not requested Biometrics or medical yet though but I am expecting them now.

Timeline is as below:

Application received in Nova Scotia: Dec 10th
AOR: Feb 7th
Background check started: Feb 7th
SA: Feb 17th

Exciting times!

Reactions: schweisy and svilli

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thank you so much @natkat.... really means a lot. I am due in a couple short months; it's looking like he won't make it to Canada in time... but, regardless, this process is underway. I fly back to Canada on Tuesday until baby ... after spending as much time as possible with hubby. If anything, I'll have to travel with baby to meet Dad for the first time when baby is 6 weeks old. Not ideal... but I love the Serenity Prayer ... "Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference!"

We are all very courageous to undertake this complex and expensive process of sponsorship, it is not easy but it is legal and respectable. I am always hoping for good outcomes for you all as well, I empathize a lot and am happy to have found this helpful forum!
First of all: congratulations!

I have no experience with this, so I'm just speculating here, but I would imagine that they would try to accelerate applications where one person is pregnant -- they do ask about your due date on the forms after all. Maybe they will choose to process yours in super speedy Mississauga rather than sending it to slow Mexico City. (And here I felt like we were up against a deadline, what with my husband being accepted to school for the fall! :rolleyes:)

I will be keeping my fingers double and triple crossed for you! Hopefully something will come through and he can at least visit -- but either way I would take comfort in the knowledge that no matter what you have to go through right now, in a year's time all three of you will be together as a new family in Canada. :)

Reactions: dorkismalorkis