+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
The day I for SA, mid of Feb.
Mid of May Criminality was in progress, security not started.
Waiting...
Yes, i think the criminality has just started in my application. It is being processed in CPC-M for the time being so i would expect some of the background to be processed here.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
This morning my bg processing changed from we will send a message when we start processing your application to we are processing you application we will contact you if we need more information. Does this mean that the background check had begun? No change in ecas or not even a ghost update in GcKey. Just a random change in this line item in GcKey.
yes, the same happened to me on June 4. The BGC started on your case.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I really do hope that this is the case, but i think we are still not close to the PPR. Primarily because we haven't done the biometrics yet and there have been cases where this status has been there for long time. Obviously each case is different, i want nothing more than this ordeal to be done, but i think we still way a little more distance to go. I sincerely hope all of us have some answers soon.
that is not the case. The BGC just started, but it could be done quickly for you. For my case, it was almost 2 months and not complete yet.

Reactions: vinothku

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
that is not the case. The BGC just started, but it could be done quickly for you. For my case, it was almost 2 months and not complete yet.
I agree with you. I really dont think ppr is that close by to me. However, it would be great if it is.

East-Sun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-03-2019
Med's Request
05-03-2019
Med's Done....
16-03-2019
Interview........
10-09-2019
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
Update: I just received the Biometrics letter and also have been requested to attend an interview at Ankara VO in September.

KristenTH

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
The applicant received an additional docs request from Sydney last night.
(Dec. 12 UK applicant with no file transfer yet)

His passport was expiring, so after we sent his initial app off he got a new passport. As soon as he received his new passport we updated it with CIC via web form. Apparently they didn’t receive it, because the additional doc request was for a copy of a new passport, valid 1 year after issuing the visa. Anyway, we uploaded it today to his myCIC account so fingers crossed it’s ready for transfer. But good they’re looking at it? Or maybe this will slow it down?

After uploading a document, how long until it shows in GCKey that they received it?

Reactions: mpigeau

dschwartz91

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all,

Quick question for you experts. I am a US citizen applying for PR through spousal sponsorship. We are applying from Australia as I am doing a graduate program at a University here. I have arranged and am planning on doing a curriculum internship (unpaid) in Vancouver and am wondering if anyone knows if I can apply for a visa while awaiting the decision on the PR application. I have entered into the IEC pool for Young Professionals, but unsure if that will go through in time.

Any info will help, thanks!