+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
1. By when should I expect my re-medical request?
2. Theres 100s out there, unsure who to pick.
Hello,
1. I noticed it depends on which VO you are in. Based on my experience and two friends, Ottawa asks for them when everything is done. Also you get the ppr quickly after you clear them. But it takes a while for people in Sydney. No idea about other VOs.

2. Erin Weir. I never contacted him myself but he does answer.

Good luck!

Reactions: Pura Vida

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello,
1. I noticed it depends on which VO you are in. Based on my experience and two friends, Ottawa asks for them when everything is done. Also you get the ppr quickly after you clear them. But it takes a while for people in Sydney. No idea about other VOs.

2. Erin Weir. I never contacted him myself but he does answer.

Good luck!
Oh I can tell ya.
Been 20 days since my remeds were accepted.
Ive heard nothing from them ever since.
Sydney here

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Oh I can tell ya.
Been 20 days since my remeds were accepted.
Ive heard nothing from them ever since.
Sydney here
Order GCMS notes.. that's the best way to prompt them to revisit your file

Reactions: kzeed12

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I think I should do it...
As far as I found out from the call centre, I have everything passed. Just waiting for the last click...
Whats the problem? :S
I'm in the same position here. If I don't see any movement in a week, I'm reordering notes..

Reactions: kzeed12

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I'm in the same position here. If I don't see any movement in a week, I'm reordering notes..
i am gonna call them today - if i do not hear any progress gonna order Notes tomorrow ..

Thanks Prasad for the suggestion about ordering notes - been thinking of doing it but then since everything passed kept hesitating ..

with the recent CRS scores of 357 which is very low - they are going to get bombarded with tonnes of applications again like 2018 - unless i order gcms notes i do not think they would care to look at the file again to finalize

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
i am gonna call them today - if i do not hear any progress gonna order Notes tomorrow ..

Thanks Prasad for the suggestion about ordering notes - been thinking of doing it but then since everything passed kept hesitating ..

with the recent CRS scores of 357 which is very low - they are going to get bombarded with tonnes of applications again like 2018 - unless i order gcms notes i do not think they would care to look at the file again to finalize
That's the cutoff for FST stream not for skilled worker category.

Reactions: kzeed12 and PrasadK

vesha1990

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

At long last PPR received today. Details in the signature.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know how hard it is and how helpless you can feel. My sincere wishes that you"ll also be over it soon.

Hi Maya,

Congrats!!

Regarding your remedicals, was it just a ghost update on your profile or did you get an email request to have the medical redone?

Recently my Medical Status changed on Monday from "February 12, 2019 You passed the medical exam." to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
So I'm just trying to figure out if this means they are going to ask me to redo medicals or if they would just extend the validity.

Thank you!!

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi Maya,

Congrats!!

Regarding your remedicals, was it just a ghost update on your profile or did you get an email request to have the medical redone?

Recently my Medical Status changed on Monday from "February 12, 2019 You passed the medical exam." to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
So I'm just trying to figure out if this means they are going to ask me to redo medicals or if they would just extend the validity.

Thank you!!
They can still go either way. If they extend your medical, you will see the date on which they took that decision. Or if they ask for re-medicals, you will get a request for it through portal/email.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I think I should do it...
As far as I found out from the call centre, I have everything passed. Just waiting for the last click...
Whats the problem? :S
Now you are in queue of final approval by an officer and that officer again has lot of files to just click. It should be matter of few days. Especially in last couple of months, we have seen CIO Sydney sends PPR email in batches.

Reactions: kdr91 and PrasadK

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Now you are in queue of final approval by an officer and that officer again has lot of files to just click. It should be matter of few days. Especially in last couple of months, we have seen CIO Sydney sends PPR email in batches.
Absolutely makes sense when there are thousands of applicants, enormous amounts of workload and a couple of coffees to drink a day. I dont know how they make it everyday! :D
But honesty...I understand them. I just don't want to wait anymore. Im sure everybody has the same feeling here.
Im tired of it. It was supposed to be 6 months. Its been almost 11 now. Cmon.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Absolutely makes sense when there are thousands of applicants, enormous amounts of workload and a couple of coffees to drink a day. I dont know how they make it everyday! :D
But honesty...I understand them. I just don't want to wait anymore. Im sure everybody has the same feeling here.
Im tired of it. It was supposed to be 6 months. Its been almost 11 now. Cmon.
Completely agree with you but then once you cross 6 months, they have standard answer of each case being different and IRCC doesn't commit any timeline for cases beyond 6 months.

Reactions: PrasadK

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi Maya,

Congrats!!

Thank you!!
Thank you!
And well, this is how it went for me: My Medicals status had your current sentence when they crossed a year (That was back in August). I got a ghost update with nothing changing on my profile last Thursday, then at night I got the remedicals request and the profile changed to: "your action is required".

I think the ghost is rather related to pass on everything, then they sent me remedicals right afterwards. No idea if they tried to extend them. See here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html

Good luck!

Reactions: vesha1990