+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
Refusal letter today.
Due to personal circumstances I have had to go back to the UK anyway. So it's a nice bit of closure as I wait for my flight back home. But I wanted to share the reasons mine was rejected to help others.
My previous letter of employment was insufficient in outlining evidence of main duties. So look up that NOC code and get your employers to outline the required experience.

Anyways good luck on your Canada journey! I have had an amazing 2.5 years out here and you are all in for a great adventure!

Best of luck x

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Refusal letter today.
Due to personal circumstances I have had to go back to the UK anyway. So it's a nice bit of closure as I wait for my flight back home. But I wanted to share the reasons mine was rejected to help others.
My previous letter of employment was insufficient in outlining evidence of main duties. So look up that NOC code and get your employers to outline the required experience.

Anyways good luck on your Canada journey! I have had an amazing 2.5 years out here and you are all in for a great adventure!

Best of luck x
Maaaaan
What a bs...
I had similar problems in the past. I kind of had lost my chance to get into the pool cuz of this bs.
I made my homework then and somehow it worked.
Can you apply again

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
Refusal letter today.

Best of luck x
Sorry to hear that! Did they ask for any ADR or PFL? Or straight up rejection?

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
I've just got a ghost update and realized that my medical status has changed from "medical passed" to "you do not need a medical exam". What does it mean? What will happen next? My AOR was Dec 21.

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Your CoPR has an expiration and your visa does too. Land before the earliest of those dates. If your medical expires before one of those dates, land before that, just to be sure no date will be a problem.

You can land anywhere. If you don't have a PNP, it certainly won't cause any issues to land in a non-Quebec province. If you happen to land in Quebec, they might ask questions to make sure you don't intend to live there. If you have a PNP from Ontario and you land outside Ontario, they might ask about that too, but it shouldn't cause any issues.

You should have 2 copies of your CoPR, one of which has a photo. Bring both and do not sign them. You will sign them in the presence of the officer and they will keep the copy with the photo.

No other tips other than to enjoy your new life in Canada!
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. The visa stamp has expiry date of 9-Jan-2020 and COPR has the same date as "valid to". So that's the date for me then before which I have to land.

I am not PNP but through Express Entry, so based on your reply I understand that I can land anywhere.

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
Reactions: homaiooni

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
Sorry to hear that! Did they ask for any ADR or PFL? Or straight up rejection?
straight up rejection. I had called a few times before where they said everything was fine as well. My background check was completed January 29th and I was told that was the hold up, when actually it was my employment.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I've just got a ghost update and realized that my medical status has changed from "medical passed" to "you do not need a medical exam". What does it mean? What will happen next? My AOR was Dec 21.
You will see this system update when your medicals expire. IRCC will either extend your medical validity. In that case status will change back to Medical Passed. Or they will request a re-medicals. In that case status will change to something like 'We have sent you a medical request form....'

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
straight up rejection. I had called a few times before where they said everything was fine as well. My background check was completed January 29th and I was told that was the hold up, when actually it was my employment.
That sucks, I thought they would ask something in cases like these. I dont know how appeals work, but can you do that with updated job duties letter? Or are you gonna re-apply?

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
That really sucks.. I'm sorry! I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you have good grounds for appeal if they never asked for an ADR or communicated any issue with you, so long as you can provide updated employment documentation. I'm sure I've read about rejection cases that get reconsidered this way.. at least it's worth a shot..

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
That really sucks.. I'm sorry! I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you have good grounds for appeal if they never asked for an ADR or communicated any issue with you, so long as you can provide updated employment documentation. I'm sure I've read about rejection cases that get reconsidered this way.. at least it's worth a shot..
I totally agree... Get a lawyer and send updated and detailed job descriptions to better evidence the match with your NOC. Wish you good luck.

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
You will see this system update when your medicals expire. IRCC will either extend your medical validity. In that case status will change back to Medical Passed. Or they will request a re-medicals. In that case status will change to something like 'We have sent you a medical request form....'
The fact is I have still 3 months before my medical expires. That's the reason why I dont understand this change.