+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

mhdataa

Oct 17, 2018
Hello Friends,

my AOR is Dec 14th 2018
Paris VO
1st Ghost update: 17 May 2019
as per GCMS on 21 may 2019, eligibility and criminality are passed, security in progress
Got a 2nd ghost update on 18 Sep. does this mean that the background check is cleared?
how long should I expect before PPR?

Thanks

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello Friends,

my AOR is Dec 14th 2018
Paris VO
1st Ghost update: 17 May 2019
as per GCMS on 21 may 2019, eligibility and criminality are passed, security in progress
Got a 2nd ghost update on 18 Sep. does this mean that the background check is cleared?
how long should I expect before PPR?

Thanks
Even the IRCC Agents cannot say when you will get it, unless they see everything is finally approved.

P

Pdiwan

Hi!

As meditation without tackling the root of the problem might not work, I'm coming with another perspective.

Lately, a friend got her PPR and we discovered that she had her security completed already in July (the date on the profile's update after stamping). She has always been told, up to the final ghost update, that Eligib. was RP and security hadn't started. In short, the file was pending only for the final approval of Eligib. since then. But the communicated data was not accurate, because I think not updated timely.

We did some digging, and it was not an individual case. I welcome people in this thread, especially the ones who had their PPR quite late, to share if that was the case for them as well.

So there is a chance your security is done but call agents can't see it. I'm in the very same situation, and another possibility that I've started considering myself is being under SS (even though so far, I've had no sign that it is the case). I personally again ordered GCMs note, because, under SS, one might as well just forget about the application for another 4 months at least.

Anything else that can be done? Absolutely none! Unfortunately :( In fact, I'm pretty sure by now that regardless of how much one calls, orders notes, raises webforms, writes to MPs, has an incredible lawyer as a representative... Absolutely nothing will draw attention to a particular file.. It will just go at the same pace as the queue it is stuck in.. I would be happy to know that I'm wrong.
Thank you.. that helps alot.. may be it's just wait game now

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Has anyone here ordered and received CBSA notes recently?
I've read they will mail the note in a CD.
Do they still do that or should I expect an email?

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Hi everyone, I just contacted MP Erin Weir office on Monday and they replied today and the MP office concluded at the end of the email by saying that: "Your Application looks very close to being Approved (perhaps before 2020)."

Do you guys think this is a good news for sure? (@legalfalcon I hope you don't mind me to ask for your suggestions especially).
Before I saw the MP office's conclusion, I couldn't tell what is really going on there...
Thank you for any suggestions and help!

AOR Dec 18
MED Jan 20
VO Sydney

------------------- (below are the email) ----------------------------
"Here is what Immigration told us:

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant’s submission for permanent residence under Federal Skilled Worker Class :

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) on December 18, 2018.

• The CIO office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on September 25, 2019.

• The medical examination results are on file and valid until November 2, 2019 for the applicant(s).

o Please note that the responsible office has requested an extension of the medical examination validity to the medical immigration branch on September 30, 2019:

 If the extension request is approved, the next step would be a final review and a final decision.

 If the extension request is denied, the office will send a new medical request to the applicant.

• The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).

• The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).

• If the application is approved:

o the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will need to send their passport(s) to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and

o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

• If the application is refused:

o the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us."

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
• The medical examination results are on file and valid until November 2, 2019 for the applicant(s).

o Please note that the responsible office has requested an extension of the medical examination validity to the medical immigration branch on September 30, 2019:

 If the extension request is approved, the next step would be a final review and a final decision.

 If the extension request is denied, the office will send a new medical request to the applicant.
Wow. Nice. Sounds like you're just waiting on medical response and then you'll have PPR. Congrats!

restmt007

Jun 3, 2019
BC
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Hello,

Just an update, yesterday I had my interview. It took them an hour to call me, but the interview took less than 10 minutes, the agent was very friendly and when saying goodbye he said "Welcome to my family". I know it's a very long process but hang in there.

They said the PR card will take between 2-4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone waiting!
AOR: Dec 01, 2018
PPR Interview: Oct 1, 2019
CEC-Inland

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Wow. Nice. Sounds like you're just waiting on medical response and then you'll have PPR. Congrats!
Thank you! I was a bit confused when I saw "the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on September 25, 2019.". Does this mean the eligibility has been met? I had a review required before and it makes me worried so much...

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Thank you! I was a bit confused when I saw "the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on September 25, 2019.". Does this mean the eligibility has been met? I had a review required before and it makes me worried so much...
No idea but your MP got detailed info. It says "finalized" and I don't know why they'd want to extend your medical if they were going to refuse it. It sounds to me like it's pointing toward PPR.

Reactions: ladyday

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone, I just contacted MP Erin Weir office on Monday and they replied today and the MP office concluded at the end of the email by saying that: "Your Application looks very close to being Approved (perhaps before 2020)."

Do you guys think this is a good news for sure? (@legalfalcon I hope you don't mind me to ask for your suggestions especially).
Before I saw the MP office's conclusion, I couldn't tell what is really going on there...
Thank you for any suggestions and help!

AOR Dec 18
MED Jan 20
VO Sydney

------------------- (below are the email) ----------------------------
"Here is what Immigration told us:

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant’s submission for permanent residence under Federal Skilled Worker Class :

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) on December 18, 2018.

• The CIO office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on September 25, 2019.

• The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).

• The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant(s).

• If the application is approved:

o the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will need to send their passport(s) to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and

o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

• If the application is refused:

o the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us."
What is her email? I was thinking of emailing her as well. Seems like she provides a lot of good information!

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
For someone who's eligibility is passed,
Do you know how long does it take for the Bridging work permit to arrive?
My WP expires April10th and I don't want to be left in implied status.
It takes the same time as an open work permit.. around 3 months now.
You can only apply to a BWOP when you have 4 months or less of the expiration of your visa.

=)

Reactions: mghicho