+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
There is no upload link nor there is any space or row showing to add client information. Even i tried safari. Have raised webform, the application is still showing ‘Your Action is required’
It will take couple of days. You should first get acknowledgement of your webform. Once that’s done, you an be assure that documented are in system. If in next 4-5 business days, you don’t get acknowledgement or any change in Action Requires to We are reviewing your application, then raise the web from again with documents.
Hopefully, you will hear from the agent soon on the webform.

Reactions: akbarhussain110

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
As you mentioned that eligibility, criminal ... all are passed. Was that also reflecting passed/completed on the online application status ?
Nothing changed on mine. The Background Check is still that " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

I guess the ghost update received on Sep 4 was about the result of security check.

Last edited:
Reactions: d6k5d3

hgyeo

Jul 10, 2019
Applied for GCMS notes on June 19th, 2019. Close to a 100 days has passed and haven't received them yet.
on August 14th sent an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca requesting an update and got no answer.
on September 11th sent another update request to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca, after 12 days (on Sep 23rd) got a response acknowledging that the deadline was July19th and saying that the request is flagged as high priority.
by the way I ordered CBSA notes on september 12th.
But I'm really curious why the original gcms notes have taken sooo longs.
@legalfalcon I've seen some of you're posts mentioning there are sometimes situations that prevent the release of notes,
do you mind elaborating on that a bit?
what do you think of my case?
I also requested GCMS notes on June 25, but have not received it yet. I sent an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca on Aug. 30 and got the exact same answer on Sep. 3. Another email was sent on Sep. 23 but has not been anything.

I inquired several immigration lawyers and agents in Toronto and Calgary about the delay of my PR application and GCMS notes request, but their answers were "the delay is very common and we cannot figure out the reason".

Reactions: mapleleafmapleleaf

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear Members,

I have passed 300 days without any update. I have given up any hope of receiving PPR. Just waiting for the rejection letter.
Now, i've heard that recently Saskatchewan has expanded their on demand list and now my NOC 0122 is included. Now that my EE application is in limbo , can I apply for SASKatchewan PNP using same documents?

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Dear Members,

I have passed 300 days without any update. I have given up any hope of receiving PPR. Just waiting for the rejection letter.
Now, i've heard that recently Saskatchewan has expanded their on demand list and now my NOC 0122 is included. Now that my EE application is in limbo , can I apply for SASKatchewan PNP using same documents?

Hi Tanvir, Can you share your application details on your signature, please?

Also, I don't know your status/ stream, but a friend of mine waited for more than a year here. He was a FSW - Inland, the principal applicant and he was studying at a College in a 2-year-diploma program by the time of the application. He had his invitation when he was around the 1st year of his studies.

My friends explained to him that he would probably receive his PR when he had to apply for his PGWP and it was what happened. Unfortunately, an international student pays 3x more than a Canadian student, so they didn't have any reason to rush his application.

In his case, he discovered in the GCMS notes that he was in review required because of the work experience back home. He updated the information, but he waited for a long time to receive any answer. He also contacted the MP.

I wish you luck with your journey.

Reactions: tanvir1982

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
It's been so long since I checked this forum. Well after my last update in May (security starting) I have had another one two days ago, my medical status changed from "medical passed" to "you do not need a medical exam". My medical test expires next month, I hope they would extend it rather than ask me to redo it.
It's been a tough wait and that limbo state is teaching me many new things about myself.

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
It's been so long since I checked this forum. Well after my last update in May (security starting) I have had another one two days ago, my medical status changed from "medical passed" to "you do not need a medical exam". My medical test expires next month, I hope they would extend it rather than ask me to redo it.
It's been a tough wait and that limbo state is teaching me many new things about myself.
Some friends have received re-medicals even if theirs haven't expired yet. They might ask you for one again. Hopefully, they have sent the request to the medical panel to extend yours and you won't have to go through that again. I think if the status changes again to "passed", they would have probably extended them. In any case, I don't think they will issue the PPR for you with only 1-month validity left. The shortest I've seen was 3 months.

Sabroun Jamil Ahmed! I've seen that usually, people who've been asked for that schedule and CV take more time than others. We the left-ones are all drained but no other choice than waiting.

Reactions: Ahmed_E

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Download the TextNow app. Do not let it auto select a number. Put in 416 for the desired area code and then let it generate a number based on that. Then you'll have a Canadian number and you can call the 888 IRCC number. It uses data/wifi, not minutes.
Thank you for your reply. I got a reply for my CSE and got it stamped from Delhi. Thanks a lot.

Few questions I have in general, if anyone can answer them:
1. My visa stamp on the passport mentions "date of expiration: 09-01-2020". That means, I have to land in Canada for my PR card processing before that, right?

2. CoPR "city of destination" is mentioned as Toronto. Though I had applied through Express Entry. So does it mean I have to land only in Toronto for 1st entry?

3. CoPR has a "not valid for travel" watermark across it. When i travel to Canada, do I have to carry the same CoPR with this watermark?

4. Any other tips for post-CoPR process?

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Some friends have received re-medicals even if theirs haven't expired yet. They might ask you for one again. Hopefully, they have sent the request to the medical panel to extend yours and you won't have to go through that again. I think if the status changes again to "passed", they would have probably extended them. In any case, I don't think they will issue the PPR for you with only 1-month validity left. The shortest I've seen was 3 months.

Sabroun Jamil Ahmed! I've seen that usually, people who've been asked for that schedule and CV take more time than others. We the left-ones are all drained but no other choice than waiting.

so by that logic ( minimum 3 months medical validity left needed for ppr to be issued), my medicals which are valid until Dec 7th, must be either renewed or extended in order for them to issue PPR, right?

Also, I don't remember from where but somehow I got the impression that they don't act on expired or about to be expired medicals until the security is done. am I right?

Reactions: capricorn7

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I've been gone a little over a week on a cruise in the Caribbean. I hope there were many more PPRs. I don't have time to read the dozen+ pages of past posts that I missed, unfortunately.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Thank you for your reply. I got a reply for my CSE and got it stamped from Delhi. Thanks a lot.

Few questions I have in general, if anyone can answer them:
1. My visa stamp on the passport mentions "date of expiration: 09-01-2020". That means, I have to land in Canada for my PR card processing before that, right?

2. CoPR "city of destination" is mentioned as Toronto. Though I had applied through Express Entry. So does it mean I have to land only in Toronto for 1st entry?

3. CoPR has a "not valid for travel" watermark across it. When i travel to Canada, do I have to carry the same CoPR with this watermark?

4. Any other tips for post-CoPR process?
Your CoPR has an expiration and your visa does too. Land before the earliest of those dates. If your medical expires before one of those dates, land before that, just to be sure no date will be a problem.

You can land anywhere. If you don't have a PNP, it certainly won't cause any issues to land in a non-Quebec province. If you happen to land in Quebec, they might ask questions to make sure you don't intend to live there. If you have a PNP from Ontario and you land outside Ontario, they might ask about that too, but it shouldn't cause any issues.

You should have 2 copies of your CoPR, one of which has a photo. Bring both and do not sign them. You will sign them in the presence of the officer and they will keep the copy with the photo.

No other tips other than to enjoy your new life in Canada!

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
I've been gone a little over a week on a cruise in the Caribbean. I hope there were many more PPRs. I don't have time to read the dozen+ pages of past posts that I missed, unfortunately.
Just a couple got em. It’s been 9 months of processing now, getting closer and closer to the 1 year mark!

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
so by that logic ( minimum 3 months medical validity left needed for ppr to be issued), my medicals which are valid until Dec 7th, must be either renewed or extended in order for them to issue PPR, right?

Also, I don't remember from where but somehow I got the impression that they don't act on expired or about to be expired medicals until the security is done. am I right?
For 1 most probably that's the impression I have. For 2 I've seen a case where medicals were requested with security still ongoing, so I can't say for sure.