Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi Folks,
I just received a reply from Ralph.
What do you think about, this answer?
AOR December 23.

Criminality passed.
Eligibility is met.
Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Medicals are valid until Dec 26, 2019.
The agent has sent an email to CIO requesting additional information on the delays. I will let you know when I hear back.
Personally? I think it's all one big bs :C

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
My PR cards were received by my friend and already put in an overnight FedEx envelope on their way to the US!

Reactions: xnitkam and kzeed12

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hi guys, my brother has AOR Dec 29.

He is applying from Hong Kong and his application is also being processed in the hong kong office.

After he raised a webform he was replied to by the consul general of canada in hong kong's migration section. He was told

"Please be advised that your application is pending the results of background checks. These checks may be lengthy. We will contact you when we have further information."

Does this mean security screening?

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Okay, vent over, suggestions appreciated regarding the address change.
Hello,
I had just written a post about it some pages back. I also moved back to my home country from Europe about a month ago and got no answer on the relevant webform (sent beforehand). I called two weeks ago and the address change was not taken into consideration. I was advised by a friend to write directly to my visa Office Ottawa and I did so but still waiting. I was planning to call IRCC again to check but calls are no longer transferred from Global Affairs.

I've heard about two cases where the change of address was never done. One of them is a good acquaintance who advised me to keep all the traces of correspondence about it. She could solve her issue by going directly to the door of her Local Visa Office with all the proofs that she contacted IRCC time and again asking to update the address and the local officer luckily accepted to take her case. Keep writing as suggested above.. I will do so myself if I get nothing back from Ottawa. I know it's so frustrating..

Good luck!

Update: Just got an answer from Ottawa my processing Office after my direct email to them. The address has been changed. It took two days to get their answer.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Folks,
I just received a reply from Ralph.
What do you think about, this answer?
AOR December 23.

Criminality passed.
Eligibility is met.
Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Medicals are valid until Dec 26, 2019.
The agent has sent an email to CIO requesting additional information on the delays. I will let you know when I hear back.
Welcome to the club of uncertainty!!

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Members - I have crossed 8 month already and still waiting.

I have called helpdesk & has been told that recently all including "eligibility, criminality and backgroud" all cleared for application & application is currently under review. I am not sure what is in review if all of these steps are cleared. any advise or insight on the situation. Much appreciated.

Jagar jatt

Jan 9, 2019
Hello guys
Aor dec 28 inland cec still waiting.
Medical passed and eligibility met rest not started. Is there anyone else who waiting since this long and inland applied under cec?

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hey folks,

December 26th AOR FSW here.
Still awaiting the final news!

Last called Aug 26th and was told eligibility is Recommended Pass and awaiting review from a senior officer.

Security not started but doesn't usually start until eligibility is met.

Fingers crossed to hear the good news soon! I never expected to wait this long but perhaps I was naive!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hmm the 613 transfer method is officially dead. You must call the 888 number using a Canadian number now. Removing from my signature. 613 refuses to transfer now.

Reactions: SithLord

Abhinit

Jun 9, 2019
Hello guys
Aor dec 28 inland cec still waiting.
Medical passed and eligibility met rest not started. Is there anyone else who waiting since this long and inland applied under cec?
Hi, I applied too through CEC my AOR was DEC 27 got a letter for Biometrics in feb and since then no update.. everytime i call they say background check is going on and file is Edmanton office.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Guys! Impossible! Ive just got a ghost update! Ive got goosebumps on my ass o.o
Hopefully they don't require a re-med and find out that ass condition is serious!

Congrats!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Seems impossible to call them from outside Canada
I just tried TextNow and put in 416 as the requested area code (Toronto). It gave me a 343 (Ottawa), but I have a Canadian number that can be used for inbound and outbound calls in Canada fine.

You can call IRCC 888-242-2100 using TextNow once you have a Canadian phone number just fine, for free.

Last edited: