+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Cauchy-Schwarz

Jun 6, 2019
Today I emailed Mr Goodale's office. And I learned that my file did not move at all for like, 1-2 months.
It has been sitting in eligibility recommend pass / criminality passed / security not started this whole time.
On the other side, sooner in August I applied for a BOWP to be able to stay, but it seems that my HRs are not too hot about implied status, so job loss is incoming unless the stars are aligned and the bowp comes in hot in the next few weeks.
I do not know the word that can described how baffled/displeased I am with this. I kinda feel cheated after having contributed here for 2 years, and I definitely believe this is not the way we should treat a taxpayer.
End of rent, sorry for the negativity but I just needed to vent a little.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Today I emailed Mr Goodale's office. And I learned that my file did not move at all for like, 1-2 months.
It has been sitting in eligibility recommend pass / criminality passed / security not started this whole time.
On the other side, sooner in August I applied for a BOWP to be able to stay, but it seems that my HRs are not too hot about implied status, so job loss is incoming unless the stars are aligned and the bowp comes in hot in the next few weeks.
I do not know the word that can described how baffled/displeased I am with this. I kinda feel cheated after having contributed here for 2 years, and I definitely believe this is not the way we should treat a taxpayer.
You are not the only one.

My case hasn't moved either in nearly 5 months. Since April it's been sitting with eligibility recommend pass/ criminality passed/ security not started.

Goodale sent me the same status on May 9th and August 15th.

It's getting ridiculous now with their nonsense excuse that they need more time to review our documents and process our application. I no longer believe that is the case!! The hard truth is pure negligence.

Cauchy-Schwarz

Jun 6, 2019
You are not the only one.

My case hasn't moved either in nearly 5 months. Since April it's been sitting with eligibility recommend pass/ criminality passed/ security not started.

Goodale sent me the same status on May 9th and August 15th.

It's getting ridiculous now with their nonsense excuse that they need more time to review our documents and process our application. I no longer believe that is the case!! The hard truth is pure negligence.
I definitely get the feeling, heck it seems I am on my way to join you there... If only this time freeze/warp could apply to the unpleasant part of our lives as well...

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
why dont you contact your local MP's office explaining your bowp situation - take an appointment or visit the office in person ..
i remember seeing a case where the applicant went in person and the MP's office contacted ircc explaining the situation and there was movement and got pr in 2 weeks time ..
good luck

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
I feel you.
It's been 8.5 months since my AOR. I've been living here for 4 years!
I personally would leave this shit hole for US the moment I get citizenship.

Reactions: PrasadK and jessy87

swimcoach01

Sep 6, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2018
Second page - it should say ASSESSMENTS - for eligibility , security and criminality details ..

And few page to the end where it says NOTES : NOTE1 NOTE2 NOTE3

these are two sections which usually contain a lot of details regarding the app and status
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

According to this, it reads that Eligibility is "Recommended Passed", Security "Not Started", Criminality "In Progress", and Info Sharing "Complete". However, that is pretty much it.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

According to this, it reads that Eligibility is "Recommended Passed", Security "Not Started", Criminality "In Progress", and Info Sharing "Complete". However, that is pretty much it.
If you think there is nothing in the Notes section that needs any additional info or docs - you are along with many of us here waiting in queue for an officer to reopen the file and finalize - sry bro - hard fact but have to wait for them..

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
I didn't realize they had visa offices in 2 Sydneys (other being NS). MyImmiTracker needs to add separate fields for the VOs.
Only applicants from Australia get their application processed from Sydney, Australia. Those who apply from Canada get their applications processed from Sydney, NS. I guess not much of a confusion there.

But dont want to end up like that guy who ended up in the wrong Sydney after he though he found a very cheap ticket Sydney, Australia !

ZHR

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Dhaka
NOC Code......
PR Cards were approved/mailed! Woot!
Congratulations!! It just took 13 days since you landed. Have you received the card yet? As per the IRCC site, the processing time is 12 days. Considering that, one can plan soft landing for 15/16 days to have the PR card and return to his/her country. Could you please put some thought on this?

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Congrats to all people who got their PPR ^^ !

I'm still waiting with the remaining friendzoned. Stuck on security not started for 2 months now. I came to know two fellow Moroccans who applied the same week as I did and are in the very same situation. We also got our recommended pass with the aor days' intervall but nothing since then. It's like they just skipped our bundle and started processing other fellows from February and March. Maybe our assigned officer is on maternity/paternity leave...

In fact, in case of a change your address, do people get an email according to which their request was well taken care of? I informed them a month ago and still no sign that it was taken into consideration, and according to my last call, it was still not the case.

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Congratulations!! It just took 13 days since you landed. Have you received the card yet? As per the IRCC site, the processing time is 12 days. Considering that, one can plan soft landing for 15/16 days to have the PR card and return to his/her country. Could you please put some thought on this?
They haven’t been received yet. That takes 3-6 days from what I’ve seen. They are sent as regular mail and I don’t know where they come from.

If you land right now and want your cards, I’d stay 3 weeks just in case. Beware some people are required to submit new photos of the PR card people don’t like the ones you submitted. That would take it over the 3 weeks.