+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you so much for reply again..

I'm going to apply for PR card once I land there. However, if I apply for PRTD after coming back just to be on the safer side and I get PR card delivered at my place [ my cousin will courier that to me from Canada ] before going back using PRTD. Will that create any issue ?

1. There is nothing as soft or hard landing. Like many self coined words, this is another one. As soon as your land in Canada after your application is approved, and when you are admitted as a PR, you are a "landed permanent resident." Just receiving a COPR and a PR visa doe snot make one a PR. Only after an individual is admitted into Canada as a PR, does that person become a PR.

Legally you can leave Canada immediately after your re admitted as a PR, and return later. People call this as soft landing where a new PR leave Canada before receiving the PR card and return later to live indefinitely. As a PR, an individual has to maintain physical presence. To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. As long as you maintain this, you are good.

2. As mentioned above, you can go back immediately. However, when you return, ou will need a PR card. Since you left before your PR card arrived, you can apply for PRTD <https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html>

3. After you land, you are a PR. If you get married, that has nothing to do with your PR status. However, your spouse will not become a PR just because your are a PR. You will have to file a spousal sponsorship application for your spouse to sponsor your spouse as a PR to Canada, or apply for a TRV for your spouse if you want your spouse to accompany you to Canada.

mon02

Jul 17, 2019
Oh well!! That's not happened with me :( do you know why I can't call ircc anymore. they changed their system?

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Is there anyone else who is in Vancouver and waiting from 8 months for express entry in canadian experience class category. Please help me what should i do?
I am cec inland ... File at Edmonton ircc and secondary is Vancouver. It has been more than 8 months for me.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
This email is in response to an inquiry via the Call Centre requesting the status of your application.

Application is awaiting the review of an officer.

Notification will be sent in due course.

Got it recently
Good? Or not good? :D

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
This email is in response to an inquiry via the Call Centre requesting the status of your application.

Got it recently
Even I got that as response. Seems it is generic response to inquiry if you have crossed 6 months.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018

Got it recently
I've received exactly the same response as a result of a CSE raised recently. First I received the response from the call center agent saying that he would forward the documents to the officer (documents voluntarily sent).

After a few days, I received this exact same message as you even with the bold letters in the word officer.

I believe that is just an additional concern since we have crossed the 180-day mark, however, I interpret this message understanding that we are still in the queue and there is nothing to be done. I just want to avoid additional costs and time loss with remedical exams, hopefully, they can at least extend my original exams until they reach a conclusion about my application.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I've received exactly the same response as a result of a CSE raised recently. First I received the response from the call center agent saying that he would forward the documents to the officer (documents voluntarily sent).

After a few days, I received this exact same message as you even with the bold letters in the word officer.

I believe that is just an additional concern since we have crossed the 180-day mark, however, I interpret this message understanding that we are still in the queue and there is nothing to be done. I just want to avoid additional costs and time loss with remedical exams, hopefully, they can at least extend my original exams until they reach a conclusion about my application.
I didnt feel anything when I saw this message. I knew it was just bs haha