+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi All,

I have few queries as below: 1

. Is it ok to get married after soft landing and go back once I complete marriage registration process in India? or should I wait till I receive the PR card before coming back and then get married & go back?

2. Travel doc is necessary after completing soft landing before I can get PR card but will change in marital status cause an issue?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys,

I have couple of queries.

1. My PCC is valid till 12th November 2019 only. However, I will land in Canada around 21st November. Will that create any issue? and if yes, do I have to upload new PCC to anywhere or inform IRCC about the same?

2. My passport is getting expired in 6 months and I'm re-issuing it so it will have new number and PCC is of previous passport number. What should be done in this case?

3. Can I book ticket using existing passport of should I wait till I get new one before booking tickets ?

1. your documents have to valid and current on the date your file your application. If they expire after your application is filed it is immaterial.

2. This will have no impact since your application is filed. IF you have received your PPR or COPR, the too it is not an issue as your PR visa will be on your passport you submitted to IRCC. You can then carry both, your new passport and the old one which has the visa. If your application is still under process, you can renew your PP and send a scan copy via CSE.

3. When booking the tickets, you need the same document with which you will travel.

Reactions: vinay16

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. I will book tickets after new passport is received.

Can you please help me with below ones @legalfalcon ?

1. Can you please explain the term - "soft landing" ?

2. Is it ok to get married after soft landing and go back once I complete marriage registration process in India? or should I wait till I receive the PR card before coming back and then get married & go back?

3. Travel doc is necessary after completing soft landing before I can get PR card but will change in marital status cause an issue?

1. your documents have to valid and current on the date your file your application. If they expire after your application is filed it is immaterial.

2. This will have no impact since your application is filed. IF you have received your PPR or COPR, the too it is not an issue as your PR visa will be on your passport you submitted to IRCC. You can then carry both, your new passport and the old one which has the visa. If your application is still under process, you can renew your PP and send a scan copy via CSE.

3. When booking the tickets, you need the same document with which you will travel.

fragrancesoul

Dec 1, 2018
Hi Dec fellas. I need URGENT help people regarding ADR. For convenience i mentioned the timeline at the end.
@USProgrammer @SithLord @legalfalcon @derkdsou

My employment record state my employment duration as 3 or more years (July,2014 – oct 2017). However, I took a year long term un-paid leave due to my father’s health condition (August 2015-september 2016). During this period my employer neither terminated me nor did I resign, as it was a mutual understanding between me and my employer. During my leave period, my father applied for Canada visit visa and I was an accompanying dependent. At that time, I mentioned in employment section as “NOT WORKING” since I was on leave and was not sure about continuing my job. But later on I did rejoin my previous employer. Now my employer mentioned 3 or more years employment duration i.e. July 2014 till Oct 2017, in my employment record which I submitted to CIC.

I received my first ADR for employment record discrepancy between Visit visa application and PR. I submitted the following documents as evidence:

1. Last 6 months’ salary slips

2. Job appointment letter

3. Letter from employer endorsing the long term unpaid leave

4. Letter from doctor about my father’s health condition

5. Self-declaration for Discrepancy and tax-exemption

Now I received my 2nd ADR. They have the following concerns:

1. The VO is not satisfied that I have atleast 1 year continuous full time paid employment period and I was unable to provide any secondary corroborating evidence of this employment. (What more evidences should I provide to VO that he will be satisfied that I have at least 1 year continuous employment period which I do have (if we eliminated 1 year unpaid leave from my employment record) i.e. from July 2014 till 15 august 2015 and from October 2016 till October 2017. Although with the previous ADR concerns, I did provide last 6 months’ salary slips, appointment letter, long-term unpaid leave verification letter from employer)

2. Employment period prior to August 2015 in the Temporary Visit Visa application was not declared. (In my defense for not mentioning the employment period at that time is because I was doing my Master’s degree (September 2013 till August 2015) at that time and completed it in August 2015. I was not aware about the Canadian law whether they accept work experience during studies or not. Due to this reason I failed to mention my employment period prior to August 2015.)

What further documentary evidence should I provide to satisfy visa officer? Your help is much appreciated.

Timeline:

Employment period as per letter: 1st July 2014 - 31st October 2017

Unpaid leave period: 15th August 2015 – 30 September 2016

any helpp peopleee???

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your reply. I will book tickets after new passport is received.

Can you please help me with below ones @legalfalcon ?

1. Can you please explain the term - "soft landing" ?

2. Is it ok to get married after soft landing and go back once I complete marriage registration process in India? or should I wait till I receive the PR card before coming back and then get married & go back?

3. Travel doc is necessary after completing soft landing before I can get PR card but will change in marital status cause an issue?
1. There is nothing as soft or hard landing. Like many self coined words, this is another one. As soon as your land in Canada after your application is approved, and when you are admitted as a PR, you are a "landed permanent resident." Just receiving a COPR and a PR visa doe snot make one a PR. Only after an individual is admitted into Canada as a PR, does that person become a PR.

Legally you can leave Canada immediately after your re admitted as a PR, and return later. People call this as soft landing where a new PR leave Canada before receiving the PR card and return later to live indefinitely. As a PR, an individual has to maintain physical presence. To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. As long as you maintain this, you are good.

2. As mentioned above, you can go back immediately. However, when you return, ou will need a PR card. Since you left before your PR card arrived, you can apply for PRTD <https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html>

3. After you land, you are a PR. If you get married, that has nothing to do with your PR status. However, your spouse will not become a PR just because your are a PR. You will have to file a spousal sponsorship application for your spouse to sponsor your spouse as a PR to Canada, or apply for a TRV for your spouse if you want your spouse to accompany you to Canada.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Is
Hey even i got remedical request AOR Dec 14, 2018.
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed

Since i applied for a tourist visa and travelling on 30th of Aug I asked them to reoncisder the same as I will be in Canada before my medical expiry. Lets see what they have to say. If required I will get it done in Canada.

Does anyone know if I can get my PR stamped in Canada?
Is this a PNP application?

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Anybody else got ghost update? AOR Dec 21st
Hello,
Yes, I got a ghost update on Aug 21, (AOR 21 dec), (CEC)

Do you know anything for the following query,

I updated my passport last week of July, and in the first week of August, I received a email that my passport documents were received and forwarded to the responsible officer.

So, I am just confused regarding ghost update. Is it due to passport updating thing or a regular, something towards PPR.

THANKS